Calm

Calm

A Poem by Kitt

What a long time it has been, friend. 
I'm glad to see how far you've come, how much ground you've covered. It's refreshing to see you with people, smiling, laughing. Meeting new souls, knowing them, loving them. It's a nice scene to view. One day we'll be able to discuss it, I hope. We don't talk often, and I'm sure you've moved on from writing here, but I look forward to that day.
It's funny, I have closer friends than you. I have friends I've known all my life, one's I've spent a lot of time with, but nothing really compares to the understanding we shared. I'm not sure, friend, I haven't talked to you in an age. You saw deeper things, spiritual things. Maybe that's changed, maybe it was wishful thinking, but I never meet people to share those thoughts with anymore. Maybe I've just never searched people thoroughly enough, seen their deeper minds. I want to meet more of those who can share meaningful things, not just deep subjects. My cousin and I, we've shared so many conversation, so many deep times. Yet not even she, with all her beautiful mind and all our closeness, shares the places my mind sometimes goes. Even if you've never gone to those places yourself, you listen to those who have. You don't raise an eyebrow, don't utter a word of skepticism, just listen. It's a beautiful gift to have, listening, understanding. I think your eyes can peer into unknown things, your sight is not blocked by common logic and mediocre knowledge. You have the ability to see past that.

© 2020 Kitt


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on January 16, 2020
Last Updated on January 16, 2020

Author

Kitt
Kitt

Aukland, New Zealand



About
Live to tell a tale more..

Writing
Racecar Racecar

A Poem by Kitt


Hurt Hurt

A Poem by Kitt


Homesick Homesick

A Poem by Kitt