Cupcakes

Cupcakes

A Story by KittyStarr1101
"

I love childhood

"
             Cupcakes...
Do you know the one thing that reminds you of your childhood?
For me, It is cupcakes.
I lived with my grandma as a child.
I loved those years; I was so innocent; knew nothing of the cruel world. To me, it was all happy.
Well, anyway.
Every holiday or every other week (it seems) my grandma would make cupcakes. So I would watch in wonder. When she would be decorating I would ask to put the sprinkles on. It always ended up being too much or too little, but she didn't care. 
She lives next to me now, and I never ask to put the sprinkles on. I never go anywhere with her unless forcefully. 
I'm just afraid. Will I start crying? I miss those days so much. To all those grandma and grandpa's out there,
just know we love you, but sometimes its hard. 
Soon you won't be here, which makes it even harder.
We love you (and your cupcakes) 

© 2011 KittyStarr1101


Author's Note

KittyStarr1101
:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

My grandma doesn't bake much, but she does do a lot of cooking. She will often need to peel potatoes for soup or mashed potatoes, and as a kid she would always ask my help. I was a horrible potato peeler, taking forever and wasting potato by taking it off with the skin. I feel that most people have these loved memories with people, and that is why your story is so easy to connect with.

Don't let your joy of old memories stop you from making new ones. =)

Posted 9 Years Ago


For me, its my grandma's cookies and brownies. They are the best. Spend as much time with your beloved older people because you never know what could happen.

Posted 11 Years Ago


and cookies. cookies made by grandma are good too. especially when they have the chocolate chips in them, mmmmmmmm. yummy.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this poem. It's so genuine and emotional. I can feel an emotional turmoil in my soul and memory of bygone years. Nice job Kitty. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved it..... So very sweet. I'm speechless. This I amazing. Defiantly in my library.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KT
Very sweet story. :) Sometimes it would be nice to be a kid again and not have to worry about all the stuff that we do now. Outstanding!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's really nice to reminisce once in a while. This one is a great memory of your childhood days. I liked it, specially the last few lines. Great job. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kit
Aww. My grandma used to always buy us cookies :)
You should go over to her house and ask to put those sprinkles on :)
And I think this is my favorite story from you:) Now I can't stop thinking of the things I did when I was little. I miss those days :.)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011

Author

KittyStarr1101
KittyStarr1101

Bikini Bottom, IL



About
I am 12, quite enjoy writing. I have a Kitty soul so therefore ; I am a kitty. I know what your thinking - but, you look like a human - well I have a Kitty soul trapped in a human body. I attend Churc.. more..

Writing
2/26/12 2/26/12

A Story by KittyStarr1101



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gone Gone

A Poem by KittyStarr1101