Broken Dreams

Broken Dreams

A Story by *^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*
"

My mind must be telling me something.

"

I looked up at the windows by the front door on that rainy day. A figure came up from afar; soon, I recognized: it was him... The scrawny little boy walked at first, stopped, and then ran to the door. By the slightly disgruntled look on his face, I could tell he really needed something. He looked in at me, and I could see him, but through the laced curtains, he could not see me.

 

David, my brother, opened the door. I peered my head out at him; how he knew where I lived, I do not know. He was scared, confused, sad, and distressed. I walked with him as he rambled about how horrible his life was, and since he liked me, felt stupid for how he has ever acted around me.

 

"Aww! But it's so cute!" I encouraged.

 

He was pacing and running around relentlessly. We were on a crude distortion of a gazebo in a crude distortion of my high school. I remember the mountains were big and majestic behind the small, inadequate classrooms.

 

"No it's not; you're just saying that!"

 

"Aww, come here." I approached him with open arms. I wrapped them around his small, scrawny waste and held him tight.

 

Before I knew it, when I let go, he was gone. I looked and looked before coming to the conclusion that he just had to leave.

 

Mom was on the computer; David was in my grandma's room while she was away; but I paced back and forth by the door, anxiously waiting the boy's return.

 

"Relax, Dianne, he'll come back!" Mom said.

 

It was getting dark, and when I gave up all hopes of seeing him again, there he was. His figure approached slowly, then he ran rapidly to the front door. Looking in cautiously, he rang the doorbell. I waited a few seconds to make it not look like I was waiting for him, and then I opened the door.

 

His expression lightened after seeing me, I could see it in his large, strange eyes.

 

"Come in!" Mom welcomed.

 

A hospitable smile came upon his face as he walked in. I led him into my grandma's room so we could talk.

"Is there something you forgot to ask me?" I questioned as I looked into his eyes.

 

"Well..."

 

I didn't get an answer, or at least I couldn't get one; David's mischeif caused him to somehow disappear.

 

"David!!" I screamed. I just wanted to be with the boy for at least five minutes without him disappearing!

Soon, I don't quite remember how, but I found him again. He was heading down the street. The scenery changed from my school to my regular front yard. He was disgruntled now.

 

"Wait!" I followed beside him, "I want to tell you something!"

 

"You need to understand, Dianne; I have no real life-- it's a wreck," Suddenly, some mean-looking gang members came toward us. Two of them grabbed each side of him as he continued talking, "I wouldn't want you in it."

 

"No, no, wait, stop!"

 

They escorted him across the street to a big vehicle that looked like a cross between a bus and an ambulance. One section where people were sitting had no roof-- like that of a convertible. He climbed inside and took a seat amongst the deranged and disoriented citizens.

 

I banged at the door, calling his name, frantically trying to get his attention. I could have sworn I could see the top of his head, but I was a little unsure whether or not it was really him.

 

"Wait! Wait! I want to tell you something!!" Tears streamed down my cheeks. An officer tried to stop me.

 

"It's ok, they're going to a good, safe place. You need to go home now." The officer coaxed.

 

"Wait!" I called again, repeatedly called his name and ignored the officer.

 

Finally, someone from inside the vehicle yelled, "Go away!!"

 

I gave up, watched for cars, and then crossed the street. When I went back into the door of my house, it had occurred to me what message he was trying to send.

 

I realized he was being taken away in an ambulance headed to the insane asylum. That means he wasn't right for me. I never wanted to fall in love with him because of who he was; but, at that time, I assumed that I should just like him as a friend-- if I were ever to see him again.

 

That was when, I woke up, realizing it all was only...

 

A broken dream.

© 2008 *^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*


Author's Note

*^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*
There were a lot of parts of the dream I took out because they really didn't make any sense, but you get the picture. This was a part of a dream I just had, and I thought it was very interesting so I wrote it down.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story sure feels quite surreal enough ... and stimulating. I could almost sense that something bad and terrible was in the works of happening, and the near disjointed style of story-telling adds as a harbringer to the bitter end.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on February 8, 2008

Author

*^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*
*^*my*beautiful*zelda*love*^*

that one city with the stuff, CA



About
I love to write fantasy. My name is Dianne and I live in California. I am what my name says: I love The Legend of Zelda! Link is my sexy love, and Epona is my horsy love! Speaking of which, I love hor.. more..

Writing