Shoes on Trains

Shoes on Trains

A Story by Kobe Mitchell
"

Stream of Consciousness

"

She sits alone in the crammed train trying to get to the city and her office which is filled with the same harsh fluorescent lighting as the carriage. She sits there silently and avoids eye contact with her fellow passengers. She remembers craving this anonymity when she was younger but now occasionally catches herself second guessing the choice she made to move to the metropolis. She examines her fellow travelers shoes. She heard once that you can tell a lot about someone by their shoes. She doesn't know what she could possibly learn from another person’s footwear but spends the rest of her journey wondering what others may be making of her electric purple ballet flats. At last the train pulls to a jerky stop and she exits with the immense crowd, everyone fighting for their place on the travelator as they ascend to the busy concourse of the city station.

© 2014 Kobe Mitchell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on June 29, 2014
Last Updated on June 29, 2014
Tags: Shoes, Trains, Travel, Thoughts, Reflection

Author

Kobe Mitchell
Kobe Mitchell

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia



About
Originally from Newcastle, NSW, Australia, I am a graduate of Newcastle University where I studied modern history and politics. Currently I am studying creative writing through Griffith University. I .. more..

Writing
Sunshine Sunshine

A Story by Kobe Mitchell


Death Death

A Story by Kobe Mitchell