Being Hunted

Being Hunted

A Story by Rule_The_World
"

This is a Creature vs Hunter novel with a mix of a forbidden romance. I would put more into this summary, but you can only do so little in this, so you'll have to read to find out more...

"
PROLOGUE ~





We were crouched down on the ground. Our eyes were wide open as we slowly crawled through the mud and dirt. Being dirty didn't bother us. We all knew that we'd have showers waiting back at Base for us---well, that's if we were alive when we got back to Base. Our Leader of the group for today was Tyrian. I didn't like that one little bit. Why? Because he was an arrogant jerk with a massive ego, and is bound to get us all killed. He led us slowly down a small hill, sending us glares to try and be quiet. He actually looked serious for once. But then again, we all did when we were out on a mission.

I was crawling behind Tyrian, and I tried to tell myself to not yell out at him to go faster. That would just give our position away to the enemy. And we all really wanted to get back to Base in one piece, rather than forty-five. We were all dressed in black, so we could camouflage into the darkness and shadows. Though, sometimes when a person would hid in the shadows, they weren't ever coming back. It scared us all sometimes.

Once, a group came back with less than four members still standing. There had been twenty people in that group, and they had all lost their lives by doing a Mission. One of the remaining survivors had told us that the sixteen people who had been killed, were killed in the shadows. Now, we try to stay away from the shadows or darkness, but sometimes if we really need to, we'll hide inside of them. I have to admit. The jobs that we accomplish are nothing but scary and hard. But nothing is ever easy on Earth.

The sound of branches snapping froze us all. There were around 10 of us in the group, and we could all feel our fear vibrating off us. But we all held expressionless faces, just to look strong. The snapping if branches sounded to be a few metres away, and Tyrian looked back at all of us, and gave a quick nod. "Get into position," he whispered very, very quietly, and we all winced at the thought of being caught by that one, stupid move.

We all nodded briskly, then slowly and quietly crawled into our own directions. I remembered where I was to sit. We had all discussed it with our Base Leader, Declan. He was a good leader. Always had the best ideas on how to win against our enemies, and to not get killed. He had made up this plan in less than an hour, and to all of us, it was probably the best ones he'd ever shared with all of us. At Base, there were more than fifty-seven people there. We came from all around the world. Some people stay at Bases for a week, before moving on with there next mission. And some stay for more than 3 years. Me? I was born at Base. So I've been there for sixteen-years, and have been accomplishing Missions since I was ten.

I didn't realise how cold it was until my body started shiver and shake. I tried holding very still, but that only made me feel even more cold. But it was 3 o'clock in the morning, and I was sitting in the dirt/mud underneath a very leafy tree, that could hide me pretty well. But seriously. Does it have to be this cold? My teeth were chattering softly, but they stopped when I looked over at where Tyrian was hiding. He flicked his hand, and I nodded slowly. I grabbed a rock out of my pocket, and held it in my hand. The surface of the rock was cold, and it just made me shudder.

Slowly looking out into a small, wide clearing, I threw the rock, making it hit a tree. It made a small, but loud enough noise to make our enemies come running. "This is where it gets interesting," a voice murmured from above me. I looked up to see Evangeline, and she looked down at me. She gave me one of her dangerous, but perfect smiles, then chuckled as she looked back up to the clearing. Eva liked the thrill of these Missions. She rarely got scared, and she absolutely loved seeing a good fight. Especially when she was the one making the enemy bleed. I seriously need her to give me some of her confidence.

The ten of us all went silent once we heard the voices. They were yelling and laughing and screaming at the same time. There were a mix of female and male voices, which only meant trouble. The usual thoughts hit my mind when we got to this point, 'What if their human?' and 'Maybe this is the wrong spot, and were accidentally killing innocent people.' Yes, those are the types of thoughts running through my head right about now. But whenever I thought those types of things, I was usually wrong. No, not usually. Im always wrong.

We all looked as our enemies appeared out into the open. It was a full moon tonight, and so the light from the moon casted down onto the enemy, showing us there looks. Most normal people would've taken in there gorgeous bright eyes, or there amazing figure, or their hair that looked as soft as a cloud. But I'm not normal. The first thing that I saw on our enemies, were their sharp and dangerous, bright-white fangs, that slipped over their bottom lip. Those fangs creeped me out. Especially when you knew exactly what they could do if their eyes spotted us.

"Here we go," Eva murmured in her dangerous tone. She was slowly leaning forward, and I noticed the sharp knife in her hand, that looked as if it had been sharpened more than ten times. I'd hate to be the enemy right now. We all looked back at our fanged-enemies, and started to listen to what they had to say first.

"Are you sure you heard something?" One of them asked, a dangerous grin on his lips.

"Yes, I am very sure," a second one said, this time a female.

"Well, there's nothing here," another female said, her voice whiney and annoying. She placed her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrows at the first female.

"They probably heard us coming, idiot. Ugh, your so annoying, Victoria," the first female argued, rolling her eyes.

"Shut up, Lorelle!" Victoria growled.

"Now before you say something you regret, so find out what that noise was!" Lorelle yelled, her voice in a small hissing tone.

The male laughed. But it wasn't a pleasure laugh that you could listen to over, and over again. It was a laugh that meant danger, that meant if he didn't get some food now, he was going to kill anyone that got into his way. Even Lorelle shuddered at his laugh. Victoria just sighed loudly, before storming off.

"One down, two to go," I heard Eva say in a soft tone. I could tell she just wanted to spring out of the tree and kill all of them.

"What do you mean---" I started to ask, before I heard a loud, high-pitched scream. I looked over in alarm, and saw a few of us jumping up in the distance. They had Victoria.

"Victoria?!" Lorelle yelled, quickly running off. The male ran after her, alarm written all over his face.

"Now!" Eva yelled, jumping out of the tree. I quickly stood up after she had jumped over me, and ran beside her. We were both quick on our feet, and we made it to the others quicker than the few behind us.

Victoria was now lying on the ground, a stake punctured into her heart. Her skin was slowly shrivelling up, and turning into a dark, non-pleasurable grey colour. I scrunched my nose up at her.

Lorelle quickly turned towards us, an expression of 'I'm so gonna kill you' written all over her pale face. "You killed my sister!" She hissed.

The male, who had not exposed his name yet, hissed through his clenched jaw. "You will pay for this, Hunters!" He yelled. He looked towards the closest person, and lunged. Tyrian quickly dodged out of reach from the man, and he narrowed his eyes. He shot a quick look towards me and nodded briskly.

I hated this part of the job. Killing things isn't exactly something I enjoy. I looked over at Lorelle, and she looked at me. She hissed softly, but then looked to my side. Eva had joined me, and she held a large, wooden stake in her hand. "You ready, Huntress?" She asked me, a dangerous grin on her lips. I gulped and looked back at Lorelle. She was getting into her attack position, and I suddenly did the same. Instinct I guess.

"Y-yes..." I whispered. Eva laughed, before stepping forward.

"Good," she said in a low growl. "Because I want this Vampire dead in less than 30 seconds,"

Lorelle snarled loudly, before lunging forward at both of us.

And like usual, I kicked into my action mode. I lunged forward at the same time as Eva did, a stake ready in my hands. I swiped at Lorelle, almost getting her in the neck, but she jumped back. Eva jumped up into the air and did one of her famous kicks, which landed right into Lorelle's chest. She fell back, landing on the ground with a loud 'thud'. I was on her in seconds, and Eva grabbed her arms and pinned them down, while I sat on her legs.

"My kind will come after you," Lorelle spat. "The Hunters Organisation won't be running for much longer, because every Creature on this freaking planet have declared war. And you won't know when it's coming. They are getting ready, and you should be too,"

"Why are you even telling me this?" I asked, my eyes narrowed slightly.

"Because then you can all live in fear, because you won't know when this war is going to hit you. Ever Hunter around the world will be dead, and The Government won't be able to do s**t about it!"

"You speak s**t," Eva spat. "Do me a favour? When you get to Hell, tell the Devil I said hi," Once Eva had said that, I knew it was time to say goodbye.

I growled softly, then dug the stake right into her chest. Lorelle gasped in pain, and I twisted the stake around, making her close her eyes tightly. "I hope...you all...die..." She gasped out, before her whole body went limp.

"Right back at you, sweetheart," I whispered, before pulling the stake out. I jumped off her, and Eva let go of her arms. She looked at me and smirked.

"You did good today, Huntress," she said. I shrugged slightly, before looking over at Tyrian and the others. The male vampire had been staked, and he now lay on the ground, his body shrivelling up. I scrunched my nose up.

"That's just nasty," I said in disgust. Eva laughed, and so did the others.

"Come on," Tyrian said, shaking his head at me. "Back to Base," he ordered, before turning on his heel, and walking off. The others followed, and I took a deep breath, kept my head high so I didn't have to look at the now-dead vampires, and walked behind Eva.

I guess I have one more thing to say: Welcome to the Hunters.

~~

Hey, it's Kodie. Hope you enjoyed this Chapter. Sorry if there are a few small Grammar mistakes and what-not. But I hope you enjoy either way. :)

© 2013 Rule_The_World


Author's Note

Rule_The_World
Hello my lovely viewers :D

Just a small note: If there are any Grammar mistakes, please tell me, so I can fix them up straight away. Please tell me what you think!! It would be much appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on April 30, 2013
Last Updated on April 30, 2013
Tags: Huntress, hunters, association, Tyrian, forbidden, romance, love, Ashton, vampires, faeries, werewolves, creatures, fallen angel, death, weapons, killing, blood

Author

Rule_The_World
Rule_The_World

Australia



About
Hi, My name is Kodie. Here are a few things about me: ~ Patch Cipriano is mine. Don't question it. He. Is. Mine. :D more..