That Flower Is You

That Flower Is You

A Screenplay by Anonymous Writer
"

Linn is secretly in love with her twin sister's boyfriend, John. After he lost his eyesight in an accident from protecting Linn. She pretends to be her sister in order to take care of him, then...

"
Episode 1:

 

2 years ago. 

Linn was at the store with John, helping him to choose a wedding ring for Saya. In a few months Saya and John are going to be wed. 

John: Thanks for going shopping with me.

Linn: No problem. I’m sure she will like it.

John: I hope you're right. *Laughs.

Lin stood back him and told him, “..I’ll be counting on you then. Please make her happy and cherish her.”

John smiles. “Yup.” He turns to her. “I want to make her the happiest woman in the world. For that sake, I’ve got to get my doctor’s license as soon as possible. I want to do my best to protect them. I want to protect Saya and a lot of people.” “If its you, then you have nothing to worry about.” “Thank you”

Linn walked ahead of John. The traffic light was green, Linn continued to walk, but John sees a speeding car coming towards her. John rushes and pushes Linn out of the way. The car hits John. As Linn got up, her right knee got scraped. Then she turns and sees John on the ground. There's blood. "JOHN!!!"  

[At the hospital]

Linn was sitting outside of the ICU room. Soon Saya came rushing in. “Linn!!! Are you hurt?”

She shook her head.

“That’s good and John? How is he?”

“Right now…he’s resting. They say he broke a couple bones here and there…but they said that ….hes alive…”

“I see….Thank goodness..” Saya slumps down to the floor. “That’s good. I really don’t know what to do if something happens to him or if he’d died.”

Linn was in pain. 

“Linn…Whats wrong…? Does your wounds hurt?”

“…sorry…..I’m so sorry, Saya…It’s all my fault…because of me….John ….he”

“It’s okay Linn. It cant be help. It was an accident after all.”

“NO! The doctor said he can't see anymore. John can no longer see. He won’t ever able to see again.”

Saya got shocked. “…No way….that can’t be true. Then…what about the wedding? What about his dream becoming a doctor?”

 

Next Morning.

Linn went to the hospital to visit John. Linn was at the other side of the door. John was laying on the bed, couldn’t believe that he cannot see. Linn decided to talk to him through the door. “John…it’s me, Linn. How are you feeling today?”

No reply.

“John…I”

“Go home…I don’t want to see you…I don’t feel like talking to you….leave.”

Linn crotch down and cried. “John…sorry.” Linn turned her head and sees Saya there standing. Saya trying to escape, Linn caught up with her and grabbed her arm. "Go see John." 

“I can’t. I can’t see him after all” Saya handed Linn the box, which John bought the ring for her.

“I’m sorry, but can you return this to him for me? I know that this is cruel and cowardly of me. But no matter how much he hates me, I don’t have the confidence…I don’t….I just don’t have the confidence to be with him, Linn.” Linn hugged her sister.


Later that day, Linn went back to see John again. She knocks on the door. No answer. She opens the door. She sees that he’s sleeping. She heads toward the bed, reaching her hand out to touch his hair but stops. “John…I’m sorry. I’m sorr" “

“…ya…. Saya….is that you? (He opens his eyes) That must be it. You’re Saya. I’ve wanted to see you.”

He reaches out both of his hands. Trying to find Saya. Tears coming down. “Is this a dream again? (Linn opens her mouth but words couldn’t come out.) If it’s going to be like this…I wish that I had died that day.”

Linn finally speak out, “I’m here. I’m…. right here. It’s not a dream.”

She went up to him and hugged him tight.

“I’m scared. I’m too weak…I didn’t know I was this weak….”

“you don’t have to worry about anything. It’ll be alright.”

 

That night, Linn cut her hair short just as the same as Saya’s. She puts the ring on. “John…forgive me…"


Episode 2: 


Linn cuts her hair short and puts the ring on. “Please forgive me, John…” Every morning, she went to visit him. He’s happy to see ‘Saya”.  As the days go by, he’s able to go home. “Saya” went to pick him up. “I don’t want to leave. I don’t want to suffer any more than I already have.” “But...” “There are many colors and things outside. I no longer have anything to do with that world.” Linn sighs. “I see…what a pity. I went through all the trouble to find these shoes for you, I thought this might look good on you, John.” She hands the shoes to him. He uses his hands to feel them and he  them on. They walk hand in hand. She lets him walk on his own. His whole body is trembling. Soon he hears kids playing. He got scared. They run passed him. He slowly stumbles backward, but Linn grabs his hands and pulls him forward.   “It’s all right. I’ll never let go of your hand. John, doesn’t the wind feel good? A lot of the birds are flying in the sky. And the sky, (Linn looks up.) It’s a combination of pink, orange, and deep blue. Many clouds are drifting towards the setting sun.” John closes his eyes. “I can feel it.” Tears comes down on his cheeks. Linn wipes his tears. He puts his hand on top of hers. “I can see them when I’m with you, Saya. I can see the light and the colors.”


Soon Linn took him home. As she hangs his jacket on the coat rack, John speaks, “But after all this time…like I said, even though its weak, I can still feel the light. The doctor said that my eyes might be saved if I have that cornea transplant. But, don’t get your hopes up too much. It will be much more painful if my eyes can’t be cured…so…” Linn hugs John from behind. “You’ll be alright, John. I’m sure your eyes will be able to see again. I’m sure of it.” John puts his hands onto hers and smiles. He turns around and hugs her.

Linn: (Your light….I’m returning it to you…John…)


Next day, they went walking. “What’s wrong? You don’t seem cheerful today.” “I’m just thinking…Linn hasn’t come and visit me…even though you come to see me every day, Saya.” Linn stops and wanted to ask him how he really feel towards her, “What do you…think about Linn?” John didn’t say anything. Linn continues, “If you hadn’t covered for her that day, then you wouldn’t get hurt like this.” John finally speaks. “It’s not her fault. That was an accident. It can’t be helped. No one was at fault. I know that in my mind…but even though I know that, I still can’t forgive her.” John crouch down. “Today, the doctor told me that it’s hard to find the cornea donor…. maybe I will have to stay this way for the rest of my life. If..if it comes to that, I have the feeling that I will forever hold a grudge against her. Even though, I’m sure she’s also suffering right now..I can’t stop feeling hatred.” Those words coming out of John…Linn is in pain. “I’m sorry…she’s your sister yet I…” Linn cuts in. “No, its alright. Its fine.” That night, Linn cried and cried. “John…I’m sorry….”

 

Linn went to visit John as usual. John’s mother went upstairs and told John in excitement. “John!!! There was a phone call from the hospital. They said they have found a donor for you.” Linn encourage him to go change and head to the hospital. He grabs her hand and pulls close, kissed her. “Wait for me.” “I will.” John and his mother left to the hospital. Linn received a phone call. “Yes. Yes. Thank you. Oh..umm…can you keep this matter a secret. I don’t want to cause an uproar. Thank you. I will come for the surgery after I talk to my sister.” 


Episode 3: 


Linn heads home to see Saya. She sees Saya sitting on the couch watching tv. “Hey…you have a minute?” Saya turns off the tv. “Whats up?” Saya went down on her knees. “Linn…?” “Please stay by his side. His eye sight will return to normal very soon. So by that time, please go to him…and also, I want you to act like nothing happen.” “Linn..don’t tell me…all of this time…you…? I can’t!!! There’s no way I can do that! I don’t have the right to be with him anymore.” “Saya! Please I beg you.” “You’ve been supporting him all this time…How can I..?” Saya was about to turn her back on her little sister. “IT HAS TO BE YOU, SAYA.!! It has to be you…Just think as saving me and saving John….Please..” Saya turns to her little sister and hugs her tightly.

 

Hours later. John opens his eyes. “I can see….I can see!!” Saya walks in. “John” She smiles and waves at him. He gets out of the bed and run to her. He hugs her tightly. In the other hand, Linn was by the door with her uncle. She was satisfied with the results. “Let’s go back.” “You’re not going to see him?” She smiles. “There’s already someone there for him. He doesn’t need me.” “Linn…” “I’m fine. I’m just glad that the surgery was success.” (John…I'm happy that you're able to see again.)

 

The week before the wedding day. Linn went downstairs to get some water but overheard the conversation.

Mikey (Their dad): So you've already made up your mind.

John: Yes. I want to get married to Saya, and protect me for real this time. Just like how she's been supporting me.

Mikey: I see. Well...if that's what you two have been decided after the unfortunate incident, we will give you our blessings from the bottom of our hearts.

John: Thank you. I will also do my best studying to get a doctor's license.

Linn turns around and went upstairs.

John gets out of the kitchen and sees Linn. Linn stops at the middle of the stairs and looked at him. “Ahh..you caught me…” “Can we talk?” She nods.

 

[at the balcony] 

John and Linn stood apart from each other. None of them are willing to speak. John decided to break the silent.

 "..A lot of things happened... but I can be with Saya now, so..."

Linn turns to him and bows, "I'm really sorry, I..."

John stops her from bowing and said "To be honest, there were days when I hated the fact that I covered for you, but I can no longer feel that way..." 

Linn turns and puts her hands on the bar to support her so that she won’t break down. John continues, "So from on now, I want to get along with you since you will be my sister-in-law." Linn nods and says thank you. John pats her head. 

 

[On the wedding day.]

Saya is already in her wedding dress, looking nervous. Linn knocks on the door.

“Come in.”

Saya sees Linn along with their uncle, Ivan.

“Linn…”

“Shouldn’t the bride be happy on her wedding day.”

“Linn…I don’t think I can do this.”

“You’ll be fine…”

“But I..”

“Saya…please do this for me…”

Soon the wedding ceremony was about to start. Linn went up to John. Linn hold out her hand to John. John shook her hand. "Please take good care of my sister." John flinches because he knows that hand, the hand that guides him through the toughest times when he lost his sight. (That hand…) She lets go and told him, "I'm also sure that your dream will come true, John. Do your best." “Thank you.” “I haven’t told my sister about my plans.” “…?” “I’m going aboard.” Somehow he feels a sharp pain in his heart. “I see. Good luck.” “Thank you.” Linn turns around and return to Ivan’s side. Ivan whispers to her ear, “You did good.” “I hope so.”

After the flower girl shows up, Linn told her parents that she has to take her leave.

“What? You’re leaving? But it’s your sister’s wedding.”

“I know, mom. I want to go study aboard. I’ll be back.”

“When will you be back..?”

“When, you say… I’m not so sure.”

“Linn..”

Her dad interrupts her mom. “Go ahead, sweetheart. Just take care of yourself and make sure you call us time to time.”

“Thanks dad and I will. Take care and please take care of mom.”

“Always.”

Ivan help guides her out of the church. As they reach the taxi, she turns and thanks her uncle.

“Linn…do you regret?”

She smiles. “No.”

Ivan nods. “Take care, will you.”

“I will and thanks again, uncle.”

“Anytime.”

Linn got into the taxi and left for good. She sits back and closed her eyes. (Goodbye John…Please be happy.) 


Episode 4:


[Present time]

John was going to surprise Saya for their two-year anniversary with roses, but as he got there, she was already on the phone. 

J: (Ahh its probably mother on the phone. I should get dinner ready) 

Saya: Linn, I'm seriously worried about you. 

John stops his tracks. (Linn? ah that's right she went to study aboard.) John recall back then how he shook Linn's hand before she left for aboard. And how he took Saya's hand to put a ring on. That hand felt weird. 

John was about to head to the kitchen but...

Saya: I don't think I can do this anymore. I can no longer hide it from him. He has the right to know about two years ago.

J: (Two years ago...? What is she talking about?) 

Saya continues; "I was the one who ran away like a coward when he lost his eye sight. It wasn't me who support him, it was you. 

John was shocked, he drops the roses on the floor. (W-what..? What the hell is going on...? ..how could it be Linn....?) He couldn't believe it. He flashback where she stood by the stairs. He thought it was weird of her not looking at him, And the feeling he has when he shook her hand on the wedding day. He puts the pieces together. 

(It was  Linn all along. The one who brought me to the light. The one who's been supporting me when I can't see). John was speechless and yet, tears are coming down but he hold it in. He turns and went to the another room. He crouch down and cried. 

"Everything will be okay, John." "I'm here right by your side." "It's okay to feel frightened. Everyone feels that way. Even me." "Trust me. You will be okay." He remembers every word that she encourage him to stay strong.

Saya continues, "You're the real one "Saya" His only one. And that's not me. Linn?? You there? Ah that's right, you're working overtime. Okay. Will talk to you later." Saya sights and hangs up. 

[Linn at Paris.]

Linn sighs and puts her phone down. (...Saya...don't you get it...he wants you...only you...)

Linn picks her phone up again and go over her pictures. She clicks on an album. Pictures full of John. (Are you well? You don't need to worry about anything...I'm fine.)

 

-->Next day.

 

 John was sitting on the couch waiting for Saya to come down. Saya came out of the bedroom. "You're home." "...Yeah" Saya went to the kitchen and starts cooking. Once food is ready, she starts setting the table. John finally stands up and head to the kitchen. 

"Saya" 

 "Hmm??"

"There is something I want to discuss with you."

John left the kitchen to the dining room.

Saya washed her hands and followed him. She sits down across from him.

"What is it?"

John stays silent for a few seconds and decided to speak up.

"Saya. For the first time, I feel like I'm the happiest man on Earth. When I met you, I knew right away, you're the one. And I knew I wanted to spend all my life with you. But ... things has changed." "John...?" He looks at her in the eyes. "Saya, just what are you hiding from me?" Saya's eyes widen and was shocked to hear from John. 

 "J-John... what are you..."

"It's just...I feel like you're hiding something from me..."

"I....I..."

Saya was thinking of what to say next.

"Did you think I don't know..?" Saya was stoned.

John moved closer to her. "You're planning something for our anniversary?" He smiles.

Saya sighs relief. "John you scared me." He laughs. "Just what did you think I say?"

"Just....nothing particular." John stood up. "I'm gonna fresh up a bit." "Okay." John left the room but stops. He turns his head. (Saya...what is it that you don't want me to find out...? what are you hiding from me...?) John exits the room. 


Later that day, they went to have dinner at a fancy restaurant. 

John realized that Saya hasn’t said anything after talking to the nurse. He decided to break the silence. "Saya" 

Saya was still in deep thinking. 

John calls her name once again. "Saya."

"Huh? Oh John..."

"Are you okay?"

"It's just that .... (I didn't know that she [looks at John] willing to sacrifice her sight for you...] I'm just worried about Linn. That's all."

"I see." 

"I'm going to use the restroom."

"Okay." 

John notices that she left her bag. He looks around and then he went to look through her bag. There's nothing particular in there. He went for her phone. He went through her calls and voice mails. Something caught his eyes. A voicemail from Linn on the day of the surgery.

He clicks on it and listen to it. 

"Saya. It's me. You're home right? I'm on my way. I need to talk to you. It's urgent. See you at home."

Then he looked at the time of the voicemail. It said 4:39PM. (4:39PM..?? Wasn't Saya at the hospital then?)

He puts the phone back into her bag and put her bag back to where it was. Soon, Saya came back. John pays the bill, then they head to the car. 


That night, he decided to call his doctor. "There's something I want to discuss with you. Are you open tomorrow? Okay. Thank you. See you then." He hangs up.

Saya is already fallen asleep. John sits on the chair, looking at Saya.

Then he trying to put pieces together, and realized what happens earlier today.

------Flashback to the the day he went for his checkup---------

John arrived at the hospital and one of the nurses told him to wait in the doctor's office.

He went in and wait patiently. Soon the doctor came in the room. John stood up. “Sorry for the wait.”

“It’s alright.” 

Doctor sat down and told John to have a seat. “Have you been feeling alright?” “

Yes.” 

“Any problems??” 

“No, sir.” 

“That’s good. Do you have any questions to ask?” 

“Yes…I want to know the person who gave me the donor.” 

Doctor was shocked. “Out of all questions, you ask me the name of the person.?” 

“Yes. I want to thank that person.” 

“…I don’t think you need to thank that person, John. That person already makes her mind.” 

“What do you mean?” 

“She told me not to say anything, but I will tell you this though. She’s a good person with a good heart. She’s willing to give up her eyes for you. She’s a person who’s close to you that you don’t even realize how close she is.” 

John was confused.

Doctor continues. “I was shocked when she told me about her decision. She told me she is willing to give you the donor. More than anything, she wants to see you smile and be happy. I can see that she has a strong feeling for you. You must not let that person go.” 

As John left the doctor’s office, confused. He heads to the front desk to pick up his medication in case he needs it. When he got there, all of the nurses are busy. He decided to wait. As he turning away, one of the nurses bump into him. Papers fly everywhere.

“I’m so sorry!!” 

“It’s alright. I’ll give you a hand.”

“Thank you.”

He helps the nurse getting the papers. Soon he found a piece of paper with Linn’s name on it. “This is…” Nurse looks at the paper that he was holding. 
“Ah she’s one of the donor.” 

“She is…?” 

“Yup.”

“For whom?” 

“Ah that is…”

Someone called John out. “John.”

John turns and sees Saya standing there. She waves. 

“Saya”

She walks up to him. “Surprised?” “Yeah…oh Saya, look.” He showed her the paper. Her eyes widen. 

“Did you know Linn is one the of donors here?” 

“What?." She took the paper, and recognize her sister's signature.

Saya asked the nurse, "Are you sure my sister is a donor here..?"

"Yes.." 

"For whom?" 

"Well...I don't know that much information, but all I know is that she is one of the cornea donor."

"Cornea donor...?" 

"Yes. She is. She did have a surgery on February 2012."

"Surgery? on February 2012?"

"Yes. I don't know the patient's name but all I know is that she giving her cornea to the person she loves."

Saya was shocked, while John said, "I didn't know Linn have someone she's interested in." 

Saya returns the paper to the nurse. The nurse bows and left.

Saya interrupts. "Should we head out?" "Sure. Let's go." Saya followed John but stops her tracks. (No way...Linn...you....your eyes...)

----END OF FLASHBACK--------


He stands up and head out to the hospital.

He went to find the same nurse. By coincidence, he met her on the front desk.

"Hi, I came in this morning."

"Yes, I remember you."

"Can I speak with you?" 

"Yeah sure."

They went to somewhere else to talk.

"So what is it that you want to talk to me about?'"

"It's about that paper of Linn. You said she's one of the cornea donor?."

"Yes. She is."

"Do you know for whom?"

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you that."

"Please."

"I'm apologize."

"There's this girl who's been supporting me when I was in the dark. She's the love of my life. That person is my wife, Saya, but somehow it feels weird holding her hands or holding her in my arms. The feeling...this person isn't her. Please tell me."

She sighs and starts to speak. "Linn decided to be your donor.."

His eyes widen. "What?"


In the next episode, John finds out that Linn is his benefactor. He's going to confront to Saya which she doesn't even know that her little sister is John's benefactor. Will Saya tell John the truth about happen two years ago when he lose his sight? What would John do next. Find it next time.


---Still working on Episode 5.

Episode 6:

Episode 7: 

Episode 8:

Episode 9:

Episode 10: 

Episode 11:

Episode 12:

Episode 13:

Episode 14:

Episode 15:

Episode 16:

© 2016 Anonymous Writer


Author's Note

Anonymous Writer
What do you think of this story so far??? Feel free to comment below. Thank you for taking your time reading my first story "That Flower Is You" :D If there's any typos please tell me so I can fix it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on October 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 5, 2016

Author

Anonymous Writer
Anonymous Writer

MN



About
21 -yr-old. College Student. I love writing random love stories. Just want to share my stories to you all. more..

Writing