Farewell, you who loved me.  Farewell, I who was loved.

Farewell, you who loved me. Farewell, I who was loved.

A Poem by 송지석 / Ji-Suk

I wave my hand when I see your back, which I won't be able to see again.
Your beautiful laughter I will miss and the warmth of your hands
Tears welling up in my eyes, I remained standing, wondering if I said something, would you return to me
Time begins moving again and sorrow has engulfed my days.

I send off my love for you, for which I can no longer pledge eternity to.
I pray for strength to forgive myself who can only live for my own sake since I had never once lived for another. 
I hope I can live without regretting our lost love. 
I wanted to protect myself in order to protect everything for you.
I thought I was helping but I was just creating more scars and driving us apart 

We won't turn around because our love doesn't have a voice to keep us back.
I was too weak to reach out my hand and rekindle it 

This isn't the end, 
but merely that everything is going away into the flowing time. 
What I have retained in my heart is the warmth you gave that once made me feel alove. 
Farewell, you who loved me. 
Farewell, I who was loved.

I loved you, I yearned for you, but this is not the place I wished for. 
Your voice still lingers, but I tru to mute it 

I send off my love for you, for which I can no longer pledge eternity to.
I pray for strength to forgive myself who can only live for my own sake since I had never once lived for another. 
I hope I can live without regretting our lost love. 

© 2018 송지석 / Ji-Suk


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

OH, love is so complicated! I can hear both anguish and determination in your poem. It is good that the 'I' found out that the relationship was not right. I hope that he continues to 'send off his love' and does not blame himself. It is all part of experience. You have written this experience very clearly with boldness and tender feeling.

Posted 6 Years Ago


 송지석 / Ji-Suk

6 Years Ago

Thank you!! (^ν^)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Added on April 14, 2018
Last Updated on April 14, 2018