My Home That Plagued Me

My Home That Plagued Me

A Story by 송지석 / Ji-Suk
"

A story about my life

"
The sound of atrocious yells from a man and the sound of slaps and punches could be heard through the walls where two brothers in filthy bloodstained clothes huddled in fear.

Believing they were next, they remained silent, trembling in a filthy closet while holding each other's warm hands. Old blood stains and dents on the wall of the room that was once beautifully decorated as a baby nursery, that was all gone and only violence remained, the joys of having a baby had disappeared when alcohol entered the home

Then the red-faced man entered, blood on his fist and an angry glare that focused on a new drawing on the wall. A picture of two people holding hands. Old markers laid on the floor and the youngest holding a marker. "I did it! Beat me instead!" The oldest brother spoke, his voice trembling, but still taking the blame for the youngest brother. Wanting to spare his brother from this pain, he watched the man become angry. 

Savagely, the man who was supposedly our father began to kick and punch the oldest brother who was no older than nine. After the brutal beating which lasted about ten minutes, the youngest brother had buried his face into the old blankets in the closet, sobbing in fear. The oldest brother bleeding from his mouth, ears, and other cuts on his body crawled toward the safety of the closet that we slept in fear so that mother's men she brought home for the night wouldn't touch us. 

After that horrid man left, we used the moldy blankets to wrap around the oldest brother's wounds. His ear was bleeding badly which later in life, he became deaf in that ear from the savage kicks on the side of his head. "I'm okay, Ji-Suk." The oldest brother responded with a fake smile despite the tears rolling down his cheek. 

As the boys began to grow older, the abuse intensified until they couldn't take it anymore. They were tired of this Helllife. After one brutal beating that Ji-Suk had that resulted in several fractures of his ribs and arm and the oldest brother was finally eighteen, the two holding hands like before fled during the night. They had stolen money from their cruel parents' wallets along with their credit cards, fleeing into the night. Despite fears of being hunted down, they left.  

It took awhile to be able to find a job, Ji-Suk still went to school while the older brother did his best to find a job far away. When the oldest brother had found a job, they left again. Despite the credit cards being canceled, they still had the cash they stolen from their parents' secret hidden spot. 

There, the boys lived happily while the oldest brother took care of Ji-Suk. Despite the pain they went through, they promised each other they'd live happily. 

However, the oldest brother had documented the abuse and pictures of the results of the beating was able to put their parents behind bars. It was the happiest day of their lives and will forever be.

© 2018 송지석 / Ji-Suk


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on April 15, 2018
Last Updated on April 15, 2018