Meddy Usa

Meddy Usa

A Story by Catala
"

yes re uploading some... another of the Veritas Confidante style: partner to Tyre See Us

"

All he could see of the fabled beauty were her green toned fingers trailing along the cold stone of the statued Hero. The remainder of her profile was hidden behind the statue's broad shoulders, in the depths of the foliage's shadows.

"Have you ever been so cold that you literally repelled heat? I mean, when it feels as though you could have joined Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in old Nebuchadnezzar's furnace itself and never grown any warmer?" her voice sang through the air, more enchanting than even the nightingale could proclaim. He swallowed nervously, never had he encountered such beauty, and yet had he to see her face!

"I woke up with that feeling today... nothing but freezing cold could touch me. I visited the hot springs... it reminded me of my childhood" The arm withdrew into the shadows again. What was that? a glint of gold? Or perhaps it was the sunlight playing off her irises, she was rumored to have treasured eyes. Another mossy arm slid over the statues face.

"I used to stand for hours under the waterfalls, not moving at all, but watching the water trail down my arms and hands and finally fall from my finger tips. And I used to hold my arms at odd angles to watch the drops fall, imagining they were the end of a statue in a large fountain display," Her voice paused and he heard the shuffles of the undergrowth as she moved slowly away from his unconscious approach. If only he could see her face, he would be pleased.

"How beautiful a sight it would have been. My blonde hair cast blowing in the spray of the water, tears seeming to form in the creases of my eyes and falling down my cheeks, and finally, finally my hands. Arms elegantly thrown out to encase the world in my tearful kindness, the water crisscrossing my stony visage before flying from my fingertips in ten graceful arcs." He quietly approached from a less obtrusive path and parted the leaves, lunging to embrace the female before him. She turned in surprise as his arms wrapped around her and their gazes met. She sighed sadly as his warm skin slowly cooled into a rocky grey.

"Eventually the stone would begin to wear away, or the metal would rust, and the image dulled into a memory I rarely think of. But sometimes, on days when the heat just won't seep into my bones, and the water seems to hit a barrier instead of my skin, I'll reconnect with that fountain, and I'll wrap myself in stone arms and every thing's all right with the world. Everything is beautiful and natural."

Warm tears crashed down her cheeks, though she never felt their heat. Slowly she slipped from the statue's grasp and slid away. The god's had cursed her with her treasured eyes, and nobody ever listened long enough to know. Only true love's blind kiss could return her golden hair back from it's serpentine state. Alas, it would also turn her golden eyes back into the blue orbs she so missed, but who would want her then?

© 2008 Catala


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on March 6, 2008

Author

Catala
Catala

LA



About
I'm uploading old poems, and trying to write some new, so, yes, massive uploads. sorry ehheh "What is plucked will grow again, What is slain lives on, What is stolen will remain What is gone .. more..

Writing
Wholly Me Wholly Me

A Poem by Catala