Tyre See Us

Tyre See Us

A Story by Catala
"

Companion to Meddy Usa part of the Veritas Confidante Series

"

She hid in the shadows as once again, she was sought by one who thought they loved her.She called out in warning that he'd never live if she showed him her face, and that nothing could save him from her terrible gift. She sobbed out to him that her treasure were not worth his immortality without life. All the while he walked slowly and quietly through the underbrush. always managing to determine the difference between her distractions and the sound of her body against the leaves.

"I have no fear of you beloved," he whispered, a warm tenor voice amongst the rasping leaves. He paused listening to the bird song in the air.

"You cannot hide from my feathered companions, nor the gods themselves," he continued walking towards her, much to her unease, his words grating her edges, making her anger seethe within, " You chose to accept their gift, despite their warnings, you and your sisters. Though you never expected the true demons that would come with your eyes, now did you?" She jumped as she realized he was right behind her. Her body trembled as he reached out one fair delicate hand and caressed her jade skin. She fought the urge to turn around, to complete her fated tasks and destroy him like she had everyone else that came to bask in the glow of her golden gaze.

"Medusa. . . Medalynn," she gasped at the sound of her true name, "Meddy, don't you remember me? I know about your gaze, but I don't fear you. I want to see you as you once were, that is all I'll ever see you as. My blue eyed, golden haired, friend of youth." Her stony body softened into his grasp. His hands tightened on her shoulders lightly and he spun her around.

Medusa shrieked as she screwed her eyelids tightly shut. She wouldn't let him turn, not when she knew she loved him. He pulled her in close to him and kissed her lips gently. She stepped back as she felt warmth spread over her body for the first time in decades. The gentle forest wind stirred strands of golden hair around her face as she lifted her hands to her face to wipe away the tears. Her skin was creamy pale, the marbled peach she once knew, still soft and supple as when she was a babe. The final test of her sanity came when her love led her slowly to the waters edge.

Kneeling down with fear she looked deep into her own eyes, something she had not dared to do since the day she was cursed with her golden gaze. What reflected back shone, not with wealth but with tears of joy as she realized her gaze was a deeper blue then the perfectly clear water she looked into. Rising and turning to face her love she saw two scars crossing over either of his eyes in the mark of an X and wept all the harder.

"Tiresias, you're. . ." he stopped her words as his hand cupped her chin delicately as if he was staring into her soul.

"I am the only one who can truly give you a blind kiss in love. I see you only as I can in hazy memory. Though the god's cursed you with a stony glare, they blessed me with blind sight."

Even as the two found their life in each other's grasp, the god's planned their next gift to the newly received lovers.

© 2008 Catala


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on March 6, 2008

Author

Catala
Catala

LA



About
I'm uploading old poems, and trying to write some new, so, yes, massive uploads. sorry ehheh "What is plucked will grow again, What is slain lives on, What is stolen will remain What is gone .. more..

Writing
Wholly Me Wholly Me

A Poem by Catala