Sye's Change

Sye's Change

A Story by Catala
"

A lil bit o' fun on The Black Lust.

"

Dusk had fallen across the dark calm waters of the eastern sea. The sky was fading to black and the waters themselves varied between the blue and ash grey colors of nightfall. Aboard the Black Lust there were bursts of laughter, raucous joking, and all around booming jovial bursts of sound. The crew had escaped yet another night in shackles due to their pillaging and terrorizing. It was more than enough cause for celebration, especially with what they had managed to steal away with.

 

As usual, Double Shot and Absinthe were ahead in vying for the night’s title of Duchess De Drinks. Gully sat with Nixie as they entertained themselves with their own personal treasure, two full purses of dark blue Rodraksha. Nixie’s reflexes honed by years of stitching, helped her to juggle the spheres between herself and her friend. While Gully was less adept, she made up for it with her facial expressions and over animated movements. Sye sat slumped against a wooden beam watching the night’s events unfold. He egged Absinthe on as she lagged behind in her drinking race.

Ger’on Lass! Even the jugglin' duo could out guzzle ya tonight” he bellowed. As she threw back another shot the younger gals traded looks of annoyance. They had not yet decided to join in the festivities, wanting to wait until Mae was lush enough to forget their deviousness. Gully’s face broke into a grin as she asked once more why Nixie had been so happy at their find.

Its hard t’find blue dye ennamor’ she said ‘You hafta spen so many coins on it. With Rodraksha ya kin make yer own with a bit o’ hard work an monkey spit.” Gully leaned forward

Kin ya use it on more ‘en thread Nix?” with a puzzled expression the young seamstress nodded her head. Gully slapped her knee and leaned over, explaining their mission for that night. Nixie tried to suppress her laughter as she squealed “Ah gully lass we kinnot do it, we’d be found out by the fool, or worse, Mae”

Gully shrugged “Who’d care? They’d be getting their own rewards an we all know it’d be in the mutual interest of our well rounded community to give a lil payback to the pet o’ the ship.” She winked as they each looked at the commanding officers with knowing glances. It was decided they would work quickly, starting with making the dye immediately. Nobody, not even the motherly Magdalene noticed their absence.

The next morning the Crew of the Black Lust was woken not by the bell ringing, but by a slew of curses and the final “BLOODY ELL!!!’ Who got their ‘ands on my ‘air?!?!” Gully and Nixie fawned their innocence, claiming to have left the fruit out in open territory. Even as Sye grew to love his newly dyed hair.

Ye know, I look darin’ and ‘andsome” He crooned running his hands threw his short azure hair emphatically. It was a far cry from the long silky brown locks that were laid to rest the night before.

© 2008 Catala


Author's Note

Catala
i know i know there are a lot of 'accents' in here but uh... it's a couple of years old, i was young and foolish... and most of the crew was drunk.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on May 22, 2008

Author

Catala
Catala

LA



About
I'm uploading old poems, and trying to write some new, so, yes, massive uploads. sorry ehheh "What is plucked will grow again, What is slain lives on, What is stolen will remain What is gone .. more..

Writing
Wholly Me Wholly Me

A Poem by Catala