Waiting for Him

Waiting for Him

A Story by Catala
"

the prompt for this piece was a simple phrase "Waiting for him"

"

It seemed so long since she entered the car, with two of her friends but still all alone. Now, so many days later, months, actually, she was exiting the car, this time all on her own. She twisted the edge of her skirt in between her fingers nervously. She twirled her hair, now inches longer than before, past her shoulders instead of at her jaw line. She scratched the back of her neck, her nails longer than ever and painted a lime green, while looking around for her target.


Would they recognize each other? How much can a person change in a matter of months? Even though she waited for him, and would continue to wait forever for him no matter what, how long could the joy of his return last?


She finally saw him, exactly as she knew him, just a little weary, tired from the flight, and her face lit up with pure joy. She ran towards him with wild abandon, she had waited so long for this moment.


He dropped his bag and it was like the photo from 1945 that she'd always seen but never understood until this moment. Their arms wrapped around each other, and they just stood frozen in time, not in the chemicals of a photo flash, but in the pure bliss that is being with your heart's desire after any length of separation.


She knew in those moments standing, intertwined so still as if to be statues, that her happiness would never diminish, she would never feel less for him, there would be no end to this moment's feelings.

© 2009 Catala


Author's Note

Catala
This is a snapshot of "a moment in the life of" sort of view

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lovely words with true meaning "waiting for him," isn't that what we all do anyway is wait on men...hehehe. I know you didn't mean it like that. This is a short but meaningful story. Seems to me you could add a little more description to the wait, or maybe a little more longing in the wait.
All in all, there was a moment there. I felt it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Lovely words with true meaning "waiting for him," isn't that what we all do anyway is wait on men...hehehe. I know you didn't mean it like that. This is a short but meaningful story. Seems to me you could add a little more description to the wait, or maybe a little more longing in the wait.
All in all, there was a moment there. I felt it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 20, 2009

Author

Catala
Catala

LA



About
I'm uploading old poems, and trying to write some new, so, yes, massive uploads. sorry ehheh "What is plucked will grow again, What is slain lives on, What is stolen will remain What is gone .. more..

Writing
Wholly Me Wholly Me

A Poem by Catala