Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
street light

street light

A Story by Korinohana
"

This about a homeless drug addict who meets death *note*: I personally think it still needs work let me know what you think be nice please please tell me about any typos, misspelling and grammar

"

My home the street corner, with a streetlight over it, the only one for blocks around, the rain hits hard on the corner tonight.  I sip on the bottle that has been helping me thru my tough times.  I am able to dink the last of the liquid.  It burns my throat but makes me feel warm in the cold rain.  I set the bottle down next to me.  The cold makes me shiver.  I try to dig thru my pockets to get my best friend his shiny tips have always tempted me.  My hands shake it’s hard for me to see.

I don’t know if it is the rain or my drunkenness that is making my vision blurred.  The street light dims which surprises me.  It is usually so bright.  Suddenly I feel the rain stop.  I look up to see a clear plastic umbrella over my head.  A pale slender hand holds the shaft.  My eyes follow the hand up the arm to see a girl wearing a white rain coat with long hair standing over me.  Her boots are white even though she is standing in the mud.  My attention is draw to her eyes. I am not sure but they appear to be hollow and black.  I blame it on my blurred vision.  Her whole body glows as she stands out in the pitch black street.  Her eyes were scary but also consoling it helps my hands stop shaking and I can see more clearly.

 

“Thanks…” I stare at her cautiously.   I wonder why she is here.  It has been a long time since anyone has shown me compassion.  Maybe she is here to steal my friend.  I let my friend kiss my arm and fill me with their warm essence.  My hands relax and my friend falls to the ground.  I start to giggle to myself.  I look up at the girl she was regarding me without emotion.  I laugh at her and me my laugher soon slow.  I start to cough and choke.  My friend has never given me pain before.  The street light flickers rapidly.  Her eyes never leave me I watch her as she watches me.  Her umbrella comes off me as she stands straight up and looks down at me.  The street light sputters off and on several times.  I reach for her help.  She pulls back to stare blankly back at me, and starts to turn away.

 

“Where are you going?” I ask her in a worried tone.  She stops walking and stands there, not saying a word.  She turns slowly back towards me and holds out her hand.  I hesitate at first but then I join my hand with hers.  Her fingers are cold to the touch but as we walk down the path all my pain and sorrow drifts away.  I look back over my shoulder and see the darkness eat my place of comfort.  I turn back towards the girl.  Her hallow eyes cut into my soul.  She extends he hand out again I feel a great fear in the pit of my stomach.  Slowly I ask her

 

“Are you taking me home?” she says nothing and continues to hold out her hand.  I reach out and grasp it, this time her hand is warm and soothing as she pulls me along.

© 2013 Korinohana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013
Tags: death

Author

Korinohana
Korinohana

Columbia, MO



About
I have been writing off and on since i was 12 i am have trouble with spelling and grammar. I try my best i love to write dark themed stories (mostly short stories and flash fiction). I love video gam.. more..

Writing
Apartment 7 Apartment 7

A Story by Korinohana