The Slimefest

The Slimefest

A Story by Kristopher Ray Pamintuan
"

It's the first of five stories about a class' adventure and exposure to many fiction-based creatures.

"

THE SLIMEFEST

by Kristopher Ray Pamintuan

 

 

This story is dedicated to III-Bismuth, its teachers, and all students that supported the story.

 

I would like to thank all contributors and editors that made this story more exciting.

 

To all young writers out there, keep on writing!

 

 

 

“And that’s how we derived the formula of these clinometers.” Ray and Akeley finally said.

“Job well done, Ray and Akeley.” said Ms. Fabella as she walked towards the board.

“Since this class was drooling during the discussion, I’ll give the remaining time for you to...”

“Yes! At last, it’s dismissal time!” said Billy as he interrupted his teacher.

“I’m not yet done, Mr. Rufac. As I was saying, the remaining time will be allotted for the answering of this examination.” Ms. Fabella continued.

“Awwww.” the class sighed.

Everyone was busy answering the exam when a mild earthquake occurred.

“What was that?” Ivana exclaimed.

“I guess that was an earthquake.” Angela said.

Then Ms. Fabella shouted, “Everyone, take cover on your seats!”

The class did what their teacher said. Then suddenly, the alarm on the stairs rang which gave the students a signal to go downstairs.

“Whew! Saved by the bell!” Daniel happily said.

“This is not the time to celebrate. It’s a serious matter. Everyone, leave the room and go downstairs immediately.” warned Ms. Fabella as she guided her class outside the classroom.

The scene on the stairs was nothing but chaos. Students were panicking like it really was the end of the world. Because of the rush of the students, some came rolling down the stairs. Some students had wet their pants. Some had even lost their shoes because of their panicking.

Down at the school grounds, Mr. Abad was busily shouting at the students who still don’t know what to do and where to go. He kept on walking around, and checked on students who don’t follow the earthquake safety plan.

From a distance, one can hear III-Bismuth’s class president, Sharmaigne, counting all her classmates.

            “Who’s not around?” Sharmaigne asked loudly.

            “Jace.” the class answered in unison.

            “Sanz, will you please stay on your place?!” Rociel demanded.

            “Yeah, stop roaming around.” Chris added.

            Then Sanz called the attention of the president, “Sharmaigne! Sharmaigne!”

            “What do you want Sanz?” she asked irritably.

            “Can I go to the comfort room?” asked Sanz.

            “Just go. Do you really need to ask that?” the president said angrily.

“Hey Sanz, be sure you’re still wearing a pair of socks when you come back!” teased Sonny Boy.

            “Yeah, not just a sock...!” Aron said.

The entire class burst into laughter as Sanz headed to the comfort room. Everybody was chattering while the school officers were problematically arranging the school’s sound system. After making sure that the microphone was ready for use, Mr. Abad tried to call the attention of all the students. But boy, it was so hard to cut into the conversation of more than 700 students which composed the entire student body.

“Students...!” Mr. Abad shouted “We have checked the entire school for any major or even minor damages, and we’re glad to announce that there were no damages.”

“Even a teeny tiny crack...!” Mrs. Bal added.

After some more unnecessary announcements, everybody was told to go back upstairs, arrange their things, and go home immediately. No one thought about roofs crashing down on the floors, and stairs cracking open after being stepped on, for the school faculty declared it safe.

Surely, the clerks checked the whole school. But there’s a single place they’ve missed. It’s a place where the word “safe” is not applicable. Some may call it as a private place, but the students prefer to call it as the room of comfort.

            “Geez...! This place sure is untidy.” Sanz, the only student left behind said.

Sanz headed to the lavatory to wash his hands when he suddenly heard a cracking noise.

            “What was that?” he said as he turned his attention to the crack on the floor.

He looked closely from where the sound came and there he saw a sign that an earthquake has really occurred. Sanz saw a widening crack wherein a green glow was coming from.

Out of curiosity, Sanz reached for the green-glowing stuff. It was just then that he realized that he was touching some kind of oily, soft, slimy, something. He broke to a scream, and then he ran around the comfort room, eyes closed and his arms waving on top of his head. Luckily, he didn’t slip on the floor. But he’s still an idiot. Instead of opening the door first, he went straight to it, bumped to it, and lost his consciousness.

While Sanz laid unconscious on the comfort room, the class of III-Bismuth, instead of going home, stayed in their classroom for their meeting. Seth, the class’ vice president was the one who started the meeting.

            “III-Bismuth...! Stay inside the classroom. We’ll have a meeting.” Seth loudly announced.

Chris, the class secretary, was busily writing the meeting’s agenda.

            “Okay, today’s first agenda is our class shirt.” Sharmaigne said.

            “Is everyone paid for the shirt?” Allay, the class treasurer, asked.

While the class’ meeting was going on, no one has noticed that Sanz still wasn’t back. And while their meeting was being conducted, no one in the class has sensed that the real danger was very close at hand.

Meanwhile, at the comfort room, Sanz still laid unconscious on the floor. The slime, approximately no more than an ounce started to creep towards the boy’s face. It found its way through Sanz’s nostrils. The slime manipulated the boy’s genetic code, making it as the same sequence as the slime’s genes. The poor boy instantly became a mindless creature being manipulated by the slime. Then, the slime, in the form of Sanz, marched towards the room of III-Bismuth.

            “Everyone, take your seats!” Carl commanded as some of his classmates were standing.

While each and everyone were minding their own businesses, Ray noticed something strange. He had a very eerie feeling that he can’t explain.

            “Hey, Akeley, are you feeling something strange?” Ray asked.

            “Uhmm, I’ve noticed that Sanz hasn’t returned until now” Akeley replied.

Billy heard the conversation and said “He got his butt stuck at the toilet bowl!” Then the whole class burst into laughter.

“Anything else besides that?” Ray asked.

“Well, I guess we’re the only students left in the campus.” Akeley replied.

They were right. All other students had gone home. Their class, and the faculty members were the only people left in the school.

            “Yeah, that’s the thing I’ve noticed. Hey, call the attention of our classmates.” Ray said.

            “Wait, does that have anything to do with our class outing?” Aleli curiously asked.

            “Class outing?!” the rest of the class shouted in chorus.

            “Okay people, calm down, calm down!” Michelle called.

Everyone settled on their seats after they had opened the next agenda for their meeting.

            “So, let’s begin!” Ray said excitedly.

The second part of the meeting began. Everyone suggested different places to go and different things to do.

Everyone was busily raising their hands for their suggestions when Sanz the slime popped the door open.

            “Yo, Sanz...! What took you so long?” Leo asked.

            “Was your business successful?” Monica called through the noise.

To their surprise, Sanz ignored them and went straight to Ray, who was standing in front of the class.

            As Sanz went past Aron’s seat, Aron shouted “Hey guys look! His right sock is missing!”

            “Did it ran away, Sanz?” Daniel teased.

            “Ran away, or thrown away?” Seth said as he laughed.

When Sanz finally reached Ray, he spoke with an unfriendly tone and a husky voice.

            “Where’s your supreme governor?” Sanz asked.

            “Our what?” Ivana asked.

            “Maybe he’s referring to our principal.” Michael suggested.

            “Oh, I see. He is in the faculty.” Ray finally said.

            “My thanks are to you.” Sanz seriously said as he marched outside the room.

Once outside, he instantly transformed itself to a slime and poured itself down the stairs.

When the slime reached the faculty room, it divided into tiny droplets and it seeped through the spaces on the door.

            “We should decide on the promenade’s theme.” Mrs. Cello said.

            “How about a masquerade ball?” Mrs. Somoza suggested.

            “We’ve already done that.” Mrs. Bal said.

            “Let’s do it in a very Filipino way.” Ms. De Vera proudly said.

            “That’s way too boring.” Ms. Fabella responded.

It was just then that Mr. Ola, the physics teacher, noticed the creeping slime.

            “Look at that!” alarmed Mr. Ola.

Everyone looked at what the teacher was pointing. Everybody screamed.

            “Oh my, good heavens!” Mr. Gimeno exclaimed.

Everyone tried to climb the nearest table or chair just to avoid the slime. But alas, the slime found a way to reach the teachers. And eventually, it succeeded.

The next scene was terrible. All of the teachers became mindless morons and were all infected by the slime. The principal too was infected. He became the supreme ruler of the humanoid slime race. The master slime marched outside of the faculty room, and then the others followed.

 At the room, the students were all ready to go home. They were just waiting for someone to say that the meeting is over.

            “Well, that ends our meeting, people.” Ray announced.

            “Yay! At last!” Billy said with much excitement.

Finally, the students were allowed to leave the room. All of them went downstairs except for a group of students. They were Ray’s group mates in chemistry.

            “Tomorrow is Friday, so we’ll make one of our projects.” Akeley said.

            “Why don’t we do our project in chemistry?” Alyssa suggested.

            “That’s a good idea!” Angela said.

            “What do you think, Ray?” Ivana asked.

            “It’s definitely a good idea.” Ray responded.

            “What would we do?” asked Leo.

            “An application of colloid chemistry. How about leche flan?” said Ray.

            “Mmmm! That’s yummy!” said Ivana.

            “So it has been agreed on. Are we on tomorrow?” asked Akeley.

            The group replied, “Yes.”

Ray noticed that Ivana was quiet, and she seems problematic.

            “You seem so lonely, what’s the problem?” Ray asked.

            “Oh, it’s nothing. Thanks for your concern, though.”

Ray was about to say another sentence when they had heard someone scream from downstairs.

            “Waaaah!!! Aliens!” Arielle shouted.

Ray and Akeley quickly peeked through the corridor to see the commotion. There they saw that slime was everywhere. Akeley saw some of his classmates running around. They thought fast and headed to the room.

            “Okay, so what’s happening?” Alyssa asked.

            “You won’t believe it, but there were aliens everywhere!” Akeley said.

            “What?!” the rest of the group answered in chorus.

            “Shhh! Keep quiet! We must avoid being detected.” Ray said clearly but quietly.

Their other classmates ran in all directions. They were separated and the group doesn’t know where to find their classmates. It’s a good thing that cellular phones were invented.

            “What are we going to do?” Alyssa asked nervously.

            “I still don’t know. Give me some time.” Ray said.

            “Wait, aren’t you hearing something?” Angela asked.

            “I think I just heard something.” Akeley said.

            “What was that?” Leo asked.

            “My stomach is complaining.” Akeley said with a grin on his face.

All of them kept quiet and listened to the faint voices they were hearing.

            “Someone is talking.” Alyssa said.

            “Yeah, but it’s so faint that I can’t understand it.” Leo said.

“Akeley, maybe we should go on the corridors and listen to the voice. I think it’s coming from the school grounds.” Ray said.

“Hmmm, okay. Let’s go!” Akeley said.

Once on the corridor of the third floor, the boys began to sharpen their hearing as they tried to know from whom the voice comes from.

“To my slime comrades!” the supreme ruler said, “The time has come for our species to shine! We have been waiting for so long. This is the moment that the slime race will outwit the filthy humans on this rich planet. We shall win! We shall not lose!”

            “Hooorrahh...!” The other slimes responded.

Ray and Akeley had clearly heard the speech of the master slime. While Ray was deep in his thoughts, Akeley was busily playing with his identification card. But he wasn’t so busy for he was able to notice a creeping slime. The goo transformed to Ms. Fabella and ventured closely to the boys.

            “Join us, or regret the consequences.” Ms. Fabella said.

The two boys ran as fast as their hearts were pounding. Luckily, they were able to outrun the goo and they were back to the safety of their room.

            “Everyone, a slime is heading to our room!” Ray shouted.

            “Oh...my...gosh...!” Alyssa exclaimed.

            “What should we do?” Leo asked.

            “Why don’t we run?” Ivana asked.

“Yeah, you see, you did outrun one of them. I’m sure we can do that again.” Angela said as she walked to the door.

“I guess not, Angela. They’re everywhere!” Akeley said.

“Okay, here’s the plan. Grab everything you can throw.” Ray said smartly.

“Like taking the goo by surprise?” Alyssa curiously asked.

“Well, sort of.” Ray said.

“We love that!” the rest answered in chorus.

The group did as they were told. They held different strange things and some useless piles of material. Their plan was to throw various things at the slime once it entered the room. When the slime, in the form of Ms. Fabella entered the room, a typical classroom scene was observed.

            “Start throwing!” Ray commanded.

            “Fire in the hole!” Akeley shouted as he started throwing his things.

It was a disaster. Notebooks were flying; pens were stuck in the goo’s body, and shoes and everything too. But the slime took no damage. It was about to cower the students when Ray threw a pack of floor wax.

            “Eeeek! Gruggrulleee!!!” the slime said with disgust as it ran away for its life.

            “Yeah, that’s right stinky goo! Go home to your mama!” Leo said ironically.

“Way to go Ray! That wax you threw taught that goo a lesson it won’t forget!” Akeley happily said.

Ray was serendipitously right. The wax has repelled the slime. His group mates couldn’t thank him enough for what he did.

            “Thanks for saving us, Ray” Ivana said with a smile.

            “Nah, that’s nothing. That is what friends are for, right?” Ray said.

            “We must inform our classmates about the wax miracle.” Akeley said.

And that’s what they did. They sent messages to their classmates about the slime repelling properties of the wax.

It’s past 8 o’clock in the evening and they still haven’t eaten anything.

            “I’m starving. Don’t we have anything to eat?” Alyssa said.

“We have to go to the canteen to eat something. We don’t have food in here.” Akeley said.

            “But it is too dangerous!” Ivana worriedly said.

            “Ivana is right. We wouldn’t want to mess up with those morons.” Angela said.

            “Why don’t we divide ourselves into three pairs?” Leo suggested.

            “That’s right. Me and Ivana, Akeley and Alyssa, and Leo and Angela.” Ray said.

Ray instructed the pairs with different tasks. Leo and Angela were appointed to get some food at the canteen. Akeley and Alyssa’s mission was to check for available routes for escape. Then Ray and Ivana were off to find the rest of their classmates.

            “Here, take these with you.” Ray said as he distributed the boxes of wax.

            “Hmmm, this is really hard.” Alyssa said.

            “Yeah, but we have to do it.” Akeley added.

“Just be back here at 9. And don’t hesitate to call if something comes up.” Ray reminded.

“Let’s go!” Ivana said.

Angela went out boldly, but her pair sneaked behind her.

            “Are you afraid?” Angela asked Leo.

            “No, I’m just scared.” Leo said.

They crept silently towards the canteen. When they reached the grounds, Leo accidentally stepped on something sticky.

            “What’s this?” Leo said as he looked closely to the sticky substance.

            “Holy cow! That’s a goo!” Angela exclaimed as she hurriedly reached for the wax.

The slime crept to Leo and has already covered the boy’s body halfway when Angela finally got the wax. She smeared Leo’s body with wax, and the alien was repelled. But it still wasn’t over.

            “Oh, crap! Get away, slime” Angela said as she stepped away backwards.

The goo was making its way to Angela’s body while Leo’s system was now invaded. But as Angela was walking backwards, she accidentally pushed a lever that triggered a sprinkler on the ceiling above her head.

To the girl’s surprise, the slime stopped creeping towards her. It bounced up and down, then exploded. Then he saw Leo unconscious.

            “I’ve found water power!” Angela happily said.

Angela tried to revive Leo but it was too late. So she finished her task alone.

“I guess this is more than enough.” Angela said as she brought the food back to the classroom.

Ray heard the explosion even though they were busy about their search.

“Why did you stop?” Ivana asked.

“I heard an explosion and I think it’s near the canteen area.” Ray said.

“That’s Angela and Leo’s assigned place!” Ivana nervously said.

“Don’t worry about them. They can keep up.” Ray said as he comforted Ivana.

Meanwhile, on Akeley and Alyssa’s mission...

            “Let’s hide on those pots.” Akeley said as he pointed to the big pots near the gate.

Alyssa and Akeley started to search for escape routes. When they saw the main gate, they were so shocked by the fact that there were many slime guards on shift.

            “Akeley, look!” Alyssa said quietly.

            “There are too many of them. We can’t just barge out of the gate.” Akeley said.

            “What should we do?” Alyssa asked.

            “Let just wait and think. This is even harder than our exam in chemistry.” Akeley said.

The two were too busy watching the gate that they haven’t noticed that a slime was creeping towards them. Alyssa was infected, but Akeley was lucky enough to escape.

            “Whew...! That was close.” Akeley said as he tried to catch his breath.

Akeley ran straight to their room. When he got there, he sensed that someone was on the room. He immediately grabbed a pack of wax.

            “Who’s there? Akeley’s here.” he said as he went towards the cabinet.

It was just then when Akeley saw Angela hiding on the cabinet.

            “What are you doing here? Where’s Leo?” Akeley asked.

            “I’m hiding. Leo became one of them.” Angela said as she stood from her position.

Angela and Akeley were enjoying their food when they suddenly heard Mrs. Bal and the supreme ruler talking to each other.

“Unit 103, do you know of someone possessing extraordinary knowledge in science?” the supreme ruler asked.

“Yes, oh mighty supreme ruler. He is indeed one of the science frontiers in the world.” the teacher responded.

“Hmmm, a science frontier. He’s the one we need for our plans. What’s his name?” asked the supreme ruler.

“His name is Ray, master. Luckily, he’s still in the campus. What should we do?” the goo asked.

“Unit 103, command all units to start the search for that boy. Bring him to me unharmed.” the supreme ruler said.

“Anything for you master.” Mrs. Bal the goo said.

Akeley and Angela were stunned by the conversation. They clearly heard that the aliens would use Ray’s knowledge to take over the world.

            “We can’t let this happen!” Angela told Akeley.

            “We must warn Ray immediately.” Akeley said.

Meanwhile, Ray and Ivana’s search for their classmates came short when they reached a dark part of the school. It wasn’t easy to see, as there were no lights to guide them. They only used a camera in night mode to see in the dark.

            “It’s very dark and cold here.” Ray said.

            “Ray, I’m scared.” Ivana said.

“Don’t worry Ivana. As long as I’m here, I won’t let anything bad happen to you.” Ray boldly said.

            “Oh, thank you. Thanks for always being there.” Ivana said with a smile.

Sooner or later, they heard something move on the storage room. Ivana clung tightly to Ray’s hand as thy ventured closer to the door. When the two opened it, they were really surprised at what they saw.

            “Ray!” Claire said happily together with Monica, Archien and Michelle.

            “It’s a good thing that you’re safe.” Ivana said.

            “Yeah, we were lucky that we were able to hide.” Michelle said.

            “We were really scared!” Archien said.

            “Have you seen the others?” Ray asked.

            “No, but Michael and Seth are already slimes.” Monica sadly replied.

Claire was busily relating the story when a slime had spotted them.

            “Ray we’ve been spotted!” Ivana alarmed Ray.

            “Ray, surrender to our master!” Mr. Ola said.

“Claire, hurry up! Take this wax and go to the classroom. It is safer there. If you will encounter slimes on the way, give them a taste of this wax.” Ray quickly instructed as he handed the wax to Claire.

“Michelle, Archien, and Monica, go with Claire, now!” Ray quickly said as the slime came closer and closer.

“Ivana, aren’t you coming?” Claire asked.

“I’m not leaving Ray. Just go!” Ivana said.

“Ivana, you don’t have to...”

“It’s okay. You’ve shown concern for me, so this is how I would repay it.” Ivana said.

Ray smiled for a moment then faced the slime.

            “I don’t want to hurt you sir.” warned Ray to the goo.

            “Me too, Mr. Braniac!” the slime said.

It was truly a battle of epic proportions; a third year high school student versus a fully grown physics teacher. Ray wasn’t able to repel the slime for he gave all of the wax to Claire. The battle lasted for several minutes. At the end, Ray was grappled to the ground and was immobilized. Ivana thought that Ray will be brought to the supreme ruler when a disturbance suddenly occurred.

“Krriiing! Krriiing!” Ray’s phone was ringing violently. Ivana was the one who was holding his phone.

“Hello, who’s this?” Ivana asked.

“Hey, it’s Akeley. Can I talk to Ray?” Akeley asked back.

“He’s fighting with a slime right now.” Ivana answered.

“Just give the phone to Ray!” Akeley said.

“Uhmm, Mr. Slime sir, can he please take this call? It’s really important, sir.” asked Ivana for permission.

“Oh, okay.” the stupid slime said.

Ivana held the phone close to Ray’s ear while Ray was still grappled to the ground.

            “Hello? Ray speaking.”

“Hey, this is Akeley. Angela and I had heard the slime’s conversation a while ago, and they want your brain!” Akeley said.

“Is that a bad thing?” Ray asked.

“Well, kind of. With your knowledge, the slimes could take over the world!” Akeley said.

While hearing their conversation over the phone, the slime became impatient. It went ballistic. It grabbed ray’s phone and threw it on the wall with much force. Of course it was broken.

            “Why...you...stupid slime!” Ray angrily said.

Because of his frustration, he was able to overpower the slime. When Ray was on his feet, he spit at the slime because of his anger. To his surprise, the slime exploded and his physics teacher was left unconscious on the floor.

            “You’ll pay for my phone when you wake up!” Ray shouted.

After the explosion, Ivana rushed to Ray. She embraced him, and then cried.

“Oh Ray, I’m glad you’re safe! Are you alright? I was worried, you know!” Ivana said as she tightly embraced Ray.

“I...It...hurt...It...hurts.” said Ray as he endured the pain.

“What? Where? Where does it hurt?” Ivana asked.

“Y...you...you’re stepping on my f...foot.” Ray said.

“Ooops, sorry! Hahaha!”

Ray and Ivana decided to go to the canteen to see if Leo and Angela were successful.

“Oh no! They were turned to slimes!” Ray exclaimed.

“Why do you say so?” Ivana asked.

“I’ve found these things here.” Ray said as he gave the necklace of Angela and the anklet of Leo.

“But Akeley said that Angela was on the room.” Ivana said.

“Huh? How did you know?” asked Ray.

“I’ve been reading the messages in your inbox while you were fighting a while ago.” Ivana said with an ironic smile.

“You haven’t read the messages from Akeley, have you?!”

“Oh, you mean the messages that asked for your crush?” Ivana said with a teasing grin.

“I knew it! That’s confidential, you know.” Ray said.

“One more thing, I have read your reply in the sent items.” Ivana whispered to Ray.

“Wait, I’ll explain. Uhmm, it’s...like...uh...”

“No need to explain. I knew it all along.” Ivana said with a big smile.

Ray was silenced. He trudged quietly towards the canteen. Ivana followed with a really big grin.

They entered the dark canteen to find something to eat, for they were starving. They grabbed some food items from the closed stalls of the canteen. Then they went to a table to rest and eat.

            “Don’t you think this is bad?” asked Ray.

            “The slime attack? Well, yes.” replied Ivana.

            “No, I mean, stealing food.” said Ray.

            “Hmmm, I don’t think so. We’re in an emergency.” Ivana said.

The two students ate happily while they were talking about many things.

            “Uhmmm, Ray. Were you serious about your message to Akeley?” Ivana asked.

            “What message?” Ray asked.

            “Oh, never mind.” Ivana said as she drank from the bottle of water.

Meanwhile, at the classroom, Akeley and the girls were also eating. Claire and the others found their way to the classroom, and also joined in the picnic.

            “Hey Claire, have you seen Ray?” asked Angela.

            “Yup. Ray instructed us to go here.” Claire answered.

            “Ahhh. How about Ivana?” Angela asked.

            “She’s with Ray.” Claire said.

            “She sure is lucky.” Angela said.

            “Why do you say so?” Claire asked.

            “Ivana is lucky because she’s with Ray. And Ray is very protective.” said Angela.

There was no reaction from Claire. The students ate joyfully at the classroom, and they almost forgot about the on-going crisis.

At the canteen, the unintentional date of Ray and Ivana was interrupted by a noise deep inside the canteen.

            “What was that?” asked Ivana as she glanced through the dark part of the canteen.

            “I think that was a sound of a nudged table. Let’s go check it out.” said Ray.

Ray walked towards the source of the noise while Ivana followed quietly. They were surprised when their classmates popped out of a dark area.

            “Aaaaah!!!” Ray shouted when he saw Cathryn, together with Jessa, Carl, and Aleli.

            “Waaaah!” Cathryn shouted back with less emotion.

  Ray and Cathryn exchanged shrieks, and it was because of that when a slime spotted them.

“Well, well, well. Look who’s here. I hope you’re ready with your wrestling moves.” Mr. Bontuyan the goo said with a big grin.

“Bring it on, chin head!” Ray exclaimed.

Another fiery battle had begun. Ray fought his teacher with amateur wrestling moves like jab, clothesline, punch, muay thai kick, and many more.

            “Have a taste of Tajiri’s Japanese Bugsaw Kick!” the slime said.

The slime charged towards Ray. It was about to kick him in the abdomen when Ray suddenly thought about countering.

            “Drop toe hold!” shouted Ray as he followed it with an STF.

Ray’s teacher was agonizing in pain because of the destructive submission manoeuvre.

            “Ivana! Water!” Ray shouted.

            “Are you thirsty?” Ivana asked.

“No! Pour some water on the slime!” said Ray as he tightened his grip on the humanoid slime.

            “Oh, okay.” Ivana said while she opened the bottle of water.

Ivana pored water on the head of the slime, then Ray quickly rolled away. Another slimy explosion occurred.

With the happenings, Ray came to the conclusion that the slimes were hydrophobic, for they “hate water”.

            “Ray!” Ivana called as she rushed towards Ray.

As Ray was lying on the floor, he noticed that another slime was stalking Ivana.

            “Ivana! There’s a slime behind you!” warned Ray.

            “What? Time...mind...you? It’s already 9:30 pm!” Ivana said.

Ray tried to stand from his position to face the slime. But it was too late. Ivana was taken by the slime. He tried to run after her, but he was blocked by a group of slimes.

            “I don’t want to hurt you.” said Ray.

All the slime came creeping to Ray. He ran to the nearest faucet, and turned on the lever. Water instantly flowed through it.

The slimes were about to jump when Ray sprinkled them with water. A multiple explosion occurred, and this time, it’s very hazy. When the haze cleared up, Ray saw a note posted on the wall.

“If you ever want to see your girlfriend again, face me at the school quadrangle, 12 midnight sharp.” written on the note by the supreme ruler of the slime race.

            “She’s not yet my girlfriend! Grrr, you slimes are in bid trouble!” Ray angrily thought.

After the encounter with the slimes, he grabbed as much food items as he can grab and headed straight to the classroom.

            “I’m back, and I’ve brought food!” ray happily said.

            “We’ve already eaten, Ray!” they all said as they grinned.

His classmates rushed to the spot where he stood and welcomed him. They started eating again when Akeley and Ray thought of something.

            “Where’s Ivana?” Akeley asked.

            “Where’s Alyssa?” Ray asked in return.

            “She was turned to a slime, and I had done nothing to save her.” Akeley said in disdain.

“Ivana was taken by the slimes as a hostage. They want me to surrender in exchange of Ivana.” Ray said.

“Will you do it?” Akeley asked.

“Of course I will. You know how important that girl is for me.” Ray said.

As soon as Ray said those lines, a faint cough was evidently heard through the room. It was from Claire.

            “Are you alright?” asked Ray.

            “No.” Claire replied.

            “Then what’s your problem?” Ray asked.

Claire did not answer. there was a moment of complete silence which dominated the room.

            “So, now what?” Akeley asked.

            “Hmmm, I have a plan. Are you up for it?” Ray gladly asked.

 The students spent half an hour formulating and polishing their plan.

“So, here’s the plan. Angela, call the fire department. Instruct them to pump water on our gate.” said Ray.

“Okay, got it!” Angela said.

“Akeley, you have to make that megaphone work.” said Ray as he pointed to the broken megaphone on the back of their room.

“I’ll do everything I can.” Akeley replied.

“Monica, Archien, Michelle, fill all plastic bags with water. We have plastic bags on our kit at the cabinet.” instructed Ray.

“You can count on us.” said Michelle.

“Claire, go with me. We’ll find a long hose.” Ray said.

“I don’t want.” Claire insisted.

“Okay. Akeley, switch places with Claire. Let Claire fix the megaphone.” Ray said.

“Fine, I’ll go.” Claire said at last.

Ray and Claire prepared to go to the stock room. Ray knew that there will be many slimes on guard, so they must be prepared.

            “Claire, let’s go. Bring that bottle of water.’ Ray said.

            “For what?” Claire asked.

            “For slime busting.” Ray said with a smile.

They went out of the room and headed towards the stock room in their hopes to find a long, garden hose. To their surprise, the stock room was full of girls. Not just any girls but their classmates.

            “Thank God you’re safe.” Ray said.

            “Well, not all of us.” Allayza sadly said.

            “Who were turned to aliens?” Claire asked.

            “Our president, vice president, secretary, and even Michael.” Rociel said.

“The situation is getting worse. Girls, you must go to the classroom immediately. It’s safe there. And, Bring some of those wax. It will repel the slimes.” Ray said as pointed the wax on the stockroom.

“Thanks Ray. We wish you good luck.” Allayza said with a wink.

“Let’s go, Claire.” said Ray as he headed straight to the garden.

Upon arriving at the garden, Ray had no trouble finding the hose.

“Were you with Ivana a while ago?” Claire asked.

“Yes, I was. Wait, haven’t you seen her when we rescued you?” Ray asked back.

“Oh, I forgot. Hahaha! Silly me.” Claire said.

“You’re weird today.” Ray said.

“Me? Weird? Maybe. Hahaha!” Claire said.

“Huh, okay. You said so. Let’s hurry up and get that garden hose.” Ray said.

As Ray picked it up, he was disappointed that the hose was no more than five meters. That would not be enough for their plan.

            “Ray, look! It’s Michael and Seth!” Claire said as she ran towards them.

            “They’re here?! Claire, stay away from them!” Ray shouted.

But it was too late. Claire was transformed to another humanoid slime.

Luckily, Ray has access to the garden sprinkler. He aimed at the aliens and fired. Another big, hazy, slimy explosion occurred. When the haze cleared up, he saw his classmates lying on the grass, unconscious.

Ray rushed to Claire and tried to revive her. But to his best efforts, Claire did not wake up.

            “Claire!! Claire!! Wake up!” Ray said as he shook Claire’s shoulders.

Ray then came to the thought that it was useless waking her up. Ray decided to carry Claire back to the classroom.

            “Hmmph! You sure are heavy!” Ray said as he lifted Claire from the ground.

The laborious walk from the garden to their room on the third floor began. Ray was catching his breath when he finally arrived at the classroom.

            “What happened to Claire?” Akeley asked as he rushed to help Ray.

            “She was turned to a slime when she approached Michael and Seth.” ray replied.

            “Eeeek! She’s still a slime!” Akeley exclaimed.

            “Relax, She’s normal now.” Ray said as he still struggled to breathe easily.  

“Have you gotten the hose?” Akeley asked.

“Uhmm, yeah. But it’s too short for our plan.” Ray said.

“I wonder if you could use the fire hose. It is there at the stairs. It’s directly connected to a faucet, so you’ll have no problem using it.” Akeley said.

“You’re so brilliant! I haven’t thought of that!” Ray happily said.

“Hey, look! It’s almost 12 midnight. You’ll miss your fight.” Akeley reminded.

“I’ll be leaving soon. Have you got that megaphone working?” Ray asked.

“Here it is.” Akeley said as he handed the megaphone to ray.

“Okay. All I need now is someone who will turn the faucet on at my signal.” Ray said.

There was complete silence on the room. Akeley was about to volunteer when suddenly...

            “I’ll go.” said Claire as she tried to sit.

“Claire! You’re awake!” Akeley said as he rushed to Claire to hug her. All that he got was a big slap on the face.

“Thank you for that. Now, let’s go!” Ray said.

Ray and Claire went to the corridor, about at the center of the school.

            “Claire, before I go, I want you to know that...”

            “That you’ll always miss me.” Claire continued.

Ray was silenced. He wasn’t able to say another word until Claire urged him to go.

He started to climb to the rooftop. As soon as he arrived, he had a hard time spotting the master slime and Ivana.

“Last two minutes. Your boyfriend has to show up, or you’ll end up as my queen.” the slime said.

“He’s not yet my boyfriend!” Ivana said as she was tied to the flagpole by another slime, “And I will never be your queen. Not in your slimy face!”

The slime was about to talk again when Ray started using the megaphone.

            “Hey, slime face! Over here!” Ray shouted.

“Oh, it’s you. Come down here so that we can start the absorption of your brain!” the supreme ruler said.

“Before that, I want to make sure that Ivana is safe.” Ray said.

“I assure you, she’s fine. Unless I turn her to a goo right now!’ the goo said.

“Hey wait, don’t hurt her, I must be her prom date first!” Ray shouted.

“What did he say?” Ivana said. It seemed that she hadn’t heard Ray.

“You won’t come down here, eh? I’ll just grab you there!” the slime said angrily.

In a moment, all slime units came rushing to the supreme ruler. They formed a seething mass of pure, stinky, slime. Ray was worried, because that wasn’t on the plan. He didn’t expect it to be like that.

Ray noticed something peculiar. He saw that the giant slime’s body had a big core, made of the same hydrophobic substance that explodes in water. If he could manage to pump the core with water, he would win.

            “Whoa, too big! Akeley! Start throwing!” Ray shouted.

Akeley and the others quickly bombarded the giant slime with their water bombs.

            “Hahaha! Fools! Your water bombs won’t work for me!” the supreme ruler said.

After seeing that the water bombs didn’t work, Ray quickly thought of another plan. He knew that sprinkling water from his position would not reach the core. Ray had decided; He would jump into the slime, and then pump water to the core. That was risky, but it was the only way for him to win.

            “Claire, turn it on now!” said Ray as he untied the hose from his waist.

As soon as Claire turned the faucet on, the hose went crazy, so crazy that Ray was barely able to control it. From the corridor, Akeley and the others were nervously watching for Ray’s next move.

            “This jump is for you, Ivana!” Ray shouted as he prepared to jump.

            “Ray!!! That wasn’t on the plan!” Akeley exclaimed.

            “Now you’ll see superman in his school uniform!” Ray said.

It seemed that everything turned slow when Ray jumped. Every face turned pale as they watched Ray fall from the topmost part of the school to the slime.

There was a big splash when Ray hit the slime. He sank to the middle of the goo, and then started to pump the core with water.

            “Unhappy child! What are you doing!” the giant slime angrily said.

“Graglagruleegrrroo!” Ray said. His voice was distorted since he was immersed in the slime’s body.

Akeley and the others rushed to the grounds to witness everything. Archien reached for her camera and recorded the entire happening. Claire untied the rope that held Ivana to the pole. There they saw that ray was already drowning in the slime’s liquid body. He has been there for more than a minute.

            “You can do it, Ray!!!” Ivana shouted.

At last, the water running in a continuous stream reached the core. The results were dramatic. Ray had fainted due to lack of air, and he can’t control the flow of water to the core. As he was expecting, the master slime exploded with much force.

The explosion had multiple results. First, it ended the regime of the slime. Second, the slimes turned to normal people. Third, the explosion had set ray on fire. Fourth, Ray was tossed several meters away. And lastly, all spectators were squirted with slime.

Ivana and the others rushed to the site where Ray had fallen, carrying a pail of water which she used to douse the fire. The others followed. When the fire was extinguished, Ivana sat beside Ray and tried to talk to him.

            “Ray! Ray! Talk to me!” Ivana said as she shook Ray’s shoulders.

“We can’t rush him to a hospital right now. The best thing that we can do is to carry him upstairs and treat his wounds.” Akeley said.

And that’s what they did. They carried Ray back to their classroom and treated his wounds with the medical kit at their room.

Everybody was very weary and very tired. Akeley and the others fell asleep without noticing, except Ivana. She sat beside Ray and watched Ray’s burnt body.

“Ray, you were really great. You’re not afraid to die for me. It’s so foolish of you.” Ivana said.

She was about to lay down when Ray nudged from his position and tried to open his eyes.

            “I...I...Ivana?” Ray said.

“Oh, you’re awake. Go back to sleep. You must reserve your energy for tomorrow.” Ivana said.

Ray sat on the floor from which he was lying.

            “What happened?” asked Ray.

            “You haven’t remembered anything?” Ivana asked back.

            “The last thing that I remembered was my big jump.” Ray said.

            “You made me really nervous when you jumped.” Ivana said.

“Well, that’s my last resort to win. By the way, what were you saying a while ago?” Ray asked eagerly.

“Oh, that was nothing. Hahaha!” Ivana said happily.

“I’m hungry. Let’s have a midnight snack!” Ray said while he stood from the floor.

Ray and Ivana ate on the corridor, for they knew that there were no more slimes.

            “Ray.” called Ivana.

            “Yes?” answered Ray.

“Look at the stars. They seem to be close to each other. But the truth is, they are very much far apart.” Ivana said as she gazed on the night sky.

“But even if they are far apart, their shine still reaches other stars.” Ray said.

“And even if they are shining, there are still other things in space that blocks their shine and stops it from reaching other stars.” Ivana added.

“That’s why they twinkle.” Ray said with a smile.

“Stars are like people. They seem close but they are far apart. Ivana said.

“But even if they are far apart, love still reaches them.” said Ray.

“And even if they are in love with each other, there are still other people that tries to stand in between them.” said Ivana.

“That’s why we twinkle. Sometimes happy and sometimes sad.” Ray said.

            “Goodnight, Ray.” Ivana said as she entered the classroom.

Ray was left on the corridor as he gazed on the brightest star on the sky.

“Stars are really like people. The brightest one will be the most loved, thus making it very difficult to reach.” Ray said as teardrops rolled from his eyes to his cheeks.

He went to the classroom and saw that all his classmates were really tired because of the happenings. All of them snored and shivered because it was cold. Ray took the curtains and spread it to them as blankets. When everything was done, Ray went back to sleep beside Akeley.

When the clock struck seven, students filled the school for another tiring school day. To their surprise, the teachers were sleeping on the quadrangle. The students happily rushed to their classrooms and did nothing but play and chatter.

Due to the noise from the classrooms, the teachers finally woke up. They were puzzled by the fact that they had all slept on the school grounds. They quickly arranged themselves, as if noting happened, and went straight to their corresponding classes.

The other students of III-Bismuth too, were already up. They went straight to their classroom and woke up their classmates.

            “Wake up, classmates!” Stephanie shouted.

            “Shut up Steph, your voice irritates me.” Akeley said.

            “You’re a nightmare to my sweet dreams.” Ray said while his eyes were still closed.

The class went on with their lessons as if nothing had happened. They were all dirty and stressed. They all eagerly waited for lunch time.

When lunch time came, the students came rushing to the canteen like a pack of hyenas, for they were very hungry.

            “Okay, let’s eat!” Leo said impatiently.

            “You sure are famished.” Ray said.

“By the way, Ray. You made us nervous when you jumped from the roof. That wasn’t on the plan, you know!” Angela said.

“Hahaha! Sorry if I made you nervous, but it was the only thing to do.” said Ray.

“Thank goodness you’re safe” Claire said.

“You were great.” Alyssa said.

“You’re our hero!” Akeley said.

“Oh, that’s nothing. I know that you would do the same thing if you were on my place.” Ray humbly said.

“Why’d you say so?” Ivana asked.

“That is because all of us are stars, maybe different in intensity but same in heart. We all have the initiative to do good deeds.” said Ray.

Ivana was smiling and she thought to herself, “And stars can change intensity, and then turn to black holes. I hope you won’t change, Ray.”

The stories of the heroes went on. They joyfully shared experiences which no other students had. No one believed them, but the story of courageous and heroic deeds will always be in their heart and soul.

End of the story!!! 

.....Is it?.....

.....NOT!!!.....

Catch the next exciting story, THE GARDEN OF GRIEF!!!

Thank you for reading THE SLIMEFEST!!!

© 2010 Kristopher Ray Pamintuan


Author's Note

Kristopher Ray Pamintuan
Please comment on the story. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

haha ugly ko

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ray
wooo! review ng sariling story. XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wahahaha! Ang ganda. :)) sinama mo pala yung line sa English. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great story! May line pa na galing sa English report nyo ah :D " You’re a nightmare to my sweet dreams" HAHA :))

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanks for the reviews!!! Watch out for the next story! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


This story never ceased to amaze me. =))

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

likes this. :))

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice one ray!:D
-arielle :)))

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2010
Last Updated on July 10, 2010
Tags: III-Bismuth, slime, slimefest

Author

Kristopher Ray Pamintuan
Kristopher Ray Pamintuan

Mandaluyong City, National Capital Region, Philippines



About
I'm Kristopher Ray Pamintuan, born August 5, 1994. I currenlty live in the Philippines. I do like writing stories, specially fiction stories. more..

Writing