Silence

Silence

A Story by Kayt Shehata
"

Ronnie always thought her dads murder would never be solved. She thought about it often, but she never thought her dreams would tell her the truth.

"

Every night I try to imagine what it would be like to see my dad just one last time. I try to remember the feeling of him kissing my forehead before bed. The feeling is fading. It has been about three years since my dad had passed. It's a mystery of how he died, they investigated it for the first two years and then gave up saying he died of an unsolved murder but I know that's not the truth. A chill ran up my spine just thinking about it. I rolled over on my side and fell asleep.

I was standing in a room, it was cold and the air smelt like rotten eggs. It was dark so I couldn't see much, but I did notice something familiar, a chair, not just any chair but the same one that belonged to my dad, the same one in my bedroom now. I heard a door slam in a distant room, then there was a shuffle sound in the room I am in now. I looked around trying to find what was moving but it was to dark to see anything. I heard the door to the room open, I froze in place, holding my breath. Something in the room was breathing very heavily, out of the corner of my eye I saw a bony structure climb onto the chair. I felt it's eyes on me I wanted to run but there was no where to go, something else was coming into the room. I woman stepped into the room, my mom. She was walking towards me, staring into my soul, however she walked right thru me. I felt a shiver run up my spine as she did it. I turned to look at what was going on, at this point I knew they couldn't see me. My mom walked towards the thing in the chair. I walked closer to it to see what it was, my dad. I felt tears come into my eyes. There he is after all these years. He looks scared, he's shaking and crying. I saw something in my moms hands, what looked like a knife and a hammer mixed together. I backed away not wanting to know what would happen next. I watched as my mom lifted the thing above her head and slammed it down. A blood curdling scream arose from the chair...
I woke up out of breath, I was covered in sweat and and tears were running down my face. 'It was just a dream' I thought to myself, but it felt like it was much more. When I was younger my dad told me to hold my breath and count to ten when I got worked up so that's exactly what I did. However while I was holding my breath I was hearing someone breathing very deeply. The breathing was coming from the opposite side of the room, where my dads old chair is. I slowly turned my head to see someone sitting in my dads chair looking at a long shiny object in their hand. My heart was beating out of my chest I wanted to slap myself and say it's a dream but I am too scared to move. The thing slowly looked up at me, it's dark eyes staring into my soul. I closed my eyes trying to keep it out of my head. My eyes snapped open as I was thrown against the headboard to my bed. I looked closely at the thing holding me by the neck, it was my mom.
"You know to much, I'm sorry." Her voice was cold and raspy. I knew what she meant by I knew too much, she's the one who killed him, but why? My mom rose the long shiny object, now that I can see it clearly I realize it's a knife. My mind was racing with memories of what he could have done. Then it hit me, and I knew..

© 2015 Kayt Shehata


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on March 20, 2015
Last Updated on March 20, 2015

Author

Kayt Shehata
Kayt Shehata

NJ



Writing