Amnesia on the bed

Amnesia on the bed

A Poem by poddar kushal

Amnesia arose

 

I never pardoned you to wake me

With a splash of grief

Thrown on my closed eyes.

Arose I found me amid wetness.

A bed of ocean,

The salt of sweat.

Awoke I ran to catch you and held.

You melted like snows.

The play of “touch me”

Ended into dark amnesia,

Awoke I returned

To bed and waited…

 

 

© 2008 poddar kushal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The idea and imagery, secluded behind the language barrier, is beautifully sad. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Definitely, a dreamlike tale...full of vivid imagery and philisophical meanderings. There is a sense of longing to belong with another in this piece to me. Succinct and moving. Thank you.
Love and Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a cool poem. It invokes great imagry and stews many thoughts. I especially liek anything that details or explains the hows and whys of dreams.

Nice done.

Dave

Posted 16 Years Ago


You have caught your dream within the poem without the words that have escaped you. I like "with a splash of grief Thrown on my closed eyes." , "The play of "touch me" . " This is very well expressed, capturing the elusive quality you intended I think.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Great Write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


This reminds me of the times I have really good dreams (often involving that mysterious woman of my life) and I wake up and for a minute (in reality problem more like 5 seconds) I'm trying to figure out if it was real or not. And then quickly reality sweeps in and brings me back. I could be reading this all wrong, but those are the thoughts it evoked in me :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

492 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2008

Author

poddar kushal
poddar kushal

kolkata, India, India



About
life and trying to earn bread made me an advocate. mad at my own stressful self, turned to writing. poems mainly. but, there are several short stories published in my mother toungue 'bengali'.i live i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..