the power-cut at the main street

the power-cut at the main street

A Poem by poddar kushal

The power-cut at the main street

--

Outside, the sound of pollution rises.

Midday, hustling around for nickels, sweats.

The power-cut has picked up a book,

The words dance before PC-eyes.

A French window, ajar let lights in.

A hereto-unknown colleague opens

His story page illustrated with

The rumblings an off-colored life.

Strange. Others see that a mirror-house

Slowly consumes the skins and accents.

 

© 2008 poddar kushal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a lot to wrap my mind around

amazing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very well written and a great sense of imagery!
I loved it! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Others see that a mirror-house slowly consumes the skin and accents.

There are no ethnic, regional, barriers to human nature. We look overseas into other's "houses" judging its apparent disorder. Yet we haven't cleaned ours in years. Hmmmm.

I could be far far off from the writer's meaning, but that's my take on it :) I love interpretation. It reveals the reader...

Great write! Very thought provoking. I've read it several times and am still not quite sure what you meant. I'll probably read it again and get something totally different out of it.

Love it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


There is a lot to take in here, a lot of layers to dissect. It's difficult to get at what you are saying, but I don't mind, the language is beautiful and the images are all interesting to place against each other. I think my favorite line is "The power-cut has picked up a book". Nice write, for sure, I'll have to come back to it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Fascinating write .. still assimilating it ....

Posted 16 Years Ago


Podd-

This poem reminds me of a French impressionist painting for some reason. Just a light touch of the brush and a dance of visual imagery.

Very nicely penned.

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


Hmm very full of images, very different, very you, it seems. You are a fabulous writer...I just love your style, the way that you create such vivid images with so few words.

'Strange. Others see that a mirror-house
Slowly consumes the skins and accents.'

that is my favourite. It gives me many ideas and images and thoughts.

I love it =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow, what a unique piece, my friend. 'a mirror house'... This phrase stays
with me.. Love the layers in this one.
X

Posted 16 Years Ago


I guess there could be a number of ways the reader could interpret this, I suppose. Very intrguing, interesting write. Nicely done.


Great Write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is a challenge! Is the power cut caused by pollution so that we are not able to read any more? Is this what the illustrations on the page cause to become bleak rumblings of what should of been a rich life?
Is is due to our own stupidity we will not be able any more to create or preserve a clear picture of our writing?
I like the image of the mirror house: it reminds me of a saying we have here, when 2 persons are equally eager to read something, the winner or the one who gets to read first sometimes says that there is nothing left to read, because while reading we have consumed the letters, leaving us with blank pages!
Very intriguing!

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 20, 2008

Author

poddar kushal
poddar kushal

kolkata, India, India



About
life and trying to earn bread made me an advocate. mad at my own stressful self, turned to writing. poems mainly. but, there are several short stories published in my mother toungue 'bengali'.i live i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


within within

A Poem by TamiViolet