Suicide

Suicide

A Poem by Kwiksie Ifediora
"

Pain is temporary, Suicide is Not.

"

I died cus life wouldn’t let me be.

Cruel and mean were the hands fate dealt to me.

I cried when none of my dreams came true,

Though it might have helped if I had turned to you.

 

I killed myself the moment I gave up,

I was too tired to keep going so I made my heart stop.

I thought then that it was the best of ideas

But with this eternal pain, it was the worst I fear.

 

So many I looked up to, had done this deed

They made it appear by self-destruction they were freed.

I really thought I had no other choice

But it was all the lies that drowned out your voice.

 

I had no right to take that which was not mine

I wish I had known at a sooner time.

I should have fiercely refused to go down this road

For now I’ve made damnation my abode.

 

The challenges were many and I felt too weak

Someone might have helped if I had chosen to speak.

The few who knew helped make things worse

Death was appealing as my life seemed cursed.

 

There are many I know who think to follow this path

But their suffering here pale beside hades’ wrath.

I thought all was lost, knowing no solution

But i was so wrong…there was always God’s Son.

© 2013 Kwiksie Ifediora


Author's Note

Kwiksie Ifediora
There are people hurting and in desperate need of help all around us, we come across them everyday but sometimes don't know.
Let's reach out to them in love...please.

Captcha: stonable

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The challenges were many and I felt too weak
Someone might have helped if I had chosen to speak...

This is such a powerfully written piece. You express the despair and the regret perfectly. It is the feeling of being alone that gets to some people... but your poem guides the reader to a constant friend, and to each other... Well done, Kwiksie!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

I appreciate your review Rita, and thank you for getting it. :)



Reviews

Wow one of the best poems I have read in a very long time. The passion and message within the poem brought tears to my eyes. I could feel every emotion. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

Such a highly encouraging review!
It's nice to know there are those who feel so strongly about.. read more
Sean_Norman

10 Years Ago

Your very welcome. I look forward to reading all of your work.
I agree with you. I had to sit with one of my sailors a few months ago that was contemplating suicide. I sat in a hospital room watching him but I found that he really just needed someone to talk to. We had a few discussions over the nights I had to sit with him until he was sent home to the states for care. I like to think I helped him by just being there to say its ok and we all go through the same things.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

Yeah. I am glad you were there just when he needed a listening ear and a caring heart. I'd like to b.. read more
Amen! to this, everyday people commit mental suicide by giving up on their dreams and 'going with the flow'. Love is the answer, no one can resist it. Once a person is dead in their mind, physical suicide isn't so far away.. it's a cruel world and we all need Love. God bless you

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

Amen. and thanks so much for your insightful and honest review. :)
This echos are one reads the lines of the verse... you take the reader in as the person who has gone to the place no man whats to go... yet... the tendencies are there for the taking... only in this write the person is no longer in control... but in eternal damnation...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

Exactly. Great review Glen.
Thanks for reading.
God bless you. I had these thoughts before when I was bullied. So reading this was like giving me a friend. Do not worry, I no longer have these thoughts because I have people with me and I love them for being here for me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

Am i glad to hear that wonderful testimony Princess! So very happy that this piece connected with yo.. read more
A powerful poem on a sad issue. I lost two brothers to suicide. No-one knew their decision till they left my world. I believe we need to slow down and listen. Maybe we could save someone life. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem. We need faith in God and in people.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

It can be very painful losing loved ones to this unfortunately common evil. So sorry about your loss.. read more
As one who writes these kinds of sad writes I have to say this is well penned. I like that, despite the majority of the poem dealing with the pain the persona endured, you ended with a way out of the suffering. Good write, thoroughly enjoyed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

I'm very glad you can relate and that you enjoyed it Rocan.
Thanks for your encouraging review.. read more
Oh, Honey...
All of God's angels shout for joy! AMEN and AMEN!
As for me...I have no words. You have shown us your beautiful heart...and I am in awe. Surely, you are beloved in Heaven...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

Bless you Angel. The heart's only beautiful because of the One residing in it.
Thanks so much .. read more
This speaks like a sermon and although readable tilts too much into a religious piece to let me see it's glory.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading John and for your review.
In truth does glory reside. If this piece.. read more
The challenges were many and I felt too weak
Someone might have helped if I had chosen to speak...

This is such a powerfully written piece. You express the despair and the regret perfectly. It is the feeling of being alone that gets to some people... but your poem guides the reader to a constant friend, and to each other... Well done, Kwiksie!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kwiksie Ifediora

10 Years Ago

I appreciate your review Rita, and thank you for getting it. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

441 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013
Tags: Suicide, self destruction, pain, suffering, lies, eternity.

Author

Kwiksie Ifediora
Kwiksie Ifediora

Port Harcourt, Nigeria



About
Carrying His yoke because it's lighter than my sin, shining His light because minus it, i'm all dim. So now, thanks to my rebirth, my race for heaven defines my walk on earth. :) LoveMyProfile... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..