Sharon.

Sharon.

A Story by Writing For Me

I’d lost track of the days.
Everyday feels the same, all a blur with no way to be contained.
The window was faint, thin glass keeping me at bay.
Wind was loud drowning out the only sanity left in my brain.
But this was the day, the day I’d dreaded for so long, when everything just became too much for me to just look away.
I looked in my sons eyes, the innocence was insane, how could anyone not be tormented by pain!
The click of the door felt like release but that was when they took him away.
Drowning in the pain, I thought I could look away but the only thing I found myself doing was drifting away!
That darkness came at me like a violent dream, walking up sweating and calling your name.
The antidote sitting only 2 steps away.
The control was gone, the fight was no more, this pain took over like a terminal illness, no escape from the darkness that had been tormenting me for 23 years.
The antidote swallowed, burning my soul, this is not what I wanted but the only way to cure my illness.
The memories came flooding, good and bad and my sons eyes were engraved in my mind.
Regret was not what I expected but it was what came next!
Crawling across the grass at my family home, flashbacks as a kid were strong in my mind but the only vision left was to survive.
Feeling the water flow throw by body felt like a cleanse but it was too late the drugs in my system took over, leaving me gasping for air and feeling the full weight of my body crashing down on me.
Down I went, no life left to fight for.
The pain has left my body but only to find those who I had felt behind.
The regret was strong as I stand there over my lifeless body.
That was it, the day that I had dreaded over the last 23 years but it had come and gone just like any other day, only this time I was gone and there was no coming back.

© 2019 Writing For Me


Author's Note

Writing For Me
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on February 18, 2019
Last Updated on February 18, 2019
Tags: Pain, suicide, death, regret

Author

Writing For Me
Writing For Me

Melbourne, Australia