Where They Needed to Be

Where They Needed to Be

A Story by Kymele J. Garvin
"

A random story that I wrote in like 10-15 minutes.

"

May 2nd, 1999


There they were sitting together. The two of them talked for a long time, not realizing how much time had passed. The sun already ducked behind the tall buildings of Manhattan and the street lights began to light up. It was unusually quiet and peaceful. Even so, not a pause of silence came between them. As they sat there talking to each other, it felt like everything in the world came to a stop. There was no such thing as time; no such thing as night and day. The only thing that existed to each of them was the other. Their eyes never left each other’s. Their conversation seemed like it would never end. It was almost like they were making up for lost time. Ironically, they were. The two young people sitting in the small café hadn’t seen each other in almost nine years. There she was sitting right in front of him; a smile on her face as bright as the moon, nostalgia flowing through her mind and heart as she spoke. She never forgot about the boy sitting in front of her. In a strange superstitious way, she thought it was always supposed to be like this. The boy she longed for finally came back into her life. There was no need for old memories, because he was right in front of her and she was right in front of him. They were where they needed to be.

© 2015 Kymele J. Garvin


Author's Note

Kymele J. Garvin
What's on ya mind?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on April 16, 2015
Last Updated on April 16, 2015
Tags: love, childhood, nostalgia, friendship, new york, lost, friends, teenagers, mini story, 1999

Author

Kymele J. Garvin
Kymele J. Garvin

Brooklyn, NY



About
Another regular person from Brooklyn, New York. Primarily I make music but also write, draw and take pictures of New York City. more..

Writing