A Message For Michelle

A Message For Michelle

A Story by T. Val
"

A letter that I never sent...

"

Dearest Michelle,

 

Before you ask how I've been holding up, I want you to know that I'm just fine. I figured you'd ask because you've always been so warm and selfless. And yes, that's me being sarcastic, I know you always loved that about me. Maybe we can take this opportunity for you to get a few things out in the open since I'm convinced that our entire stint was just one big ongoing lie. First things first: I used to ponder whether or not that magic number of yours that at one time brought you to tears found a way to climb higher when monogamously speaking, it was supposed to stay frozen. Just say it so that I have some closure. Was my lust just not enough for you? Did you dispose of those twelve upside down roses to the right  of your bed that were saturated in dust because you found another hand puppet to play with? Was it the guy whose name started with a C, or maybe the guy whose name started with an S? This is just getting confusing now. I just really hope that my eyes were the only ones to see the things that were unveiled to me on the fourteenth day of February.

 

I want you to know Michelle that I no longer listen to our song from "Juno" that we used to love. Because I used to not be able to see what anyone could see in anyone else but you, but my shades have since been lifted, and now I can. I also no longer think that that song that the Beatles wrote about you is beautiful. I actually find it to be dull and stupid.

 

I was just thinking of something funny. Do you remember that endless night we shared together on the floor of your bathroom because I was too afraid to leave you alone? Even that night wasn't severe enough to stop you from spitting obscenities at me when all I was trying to do was take care of you. It's ok though. Did you mean to say "thank you" instead? I know sometimes you can mix your words up without realizing it. Tell me, how did you decide whether Jekyll or Hyde was making an appearance once the bottle was flipped upside down, and how come you had to be inebriated to make those three dangerous words sound sincere? I always treated you like gold Michelle, and I was just your rusty bracelet that you so securely had wrapped around your wrist. I really should have gotten out of the fire when I could. But c'mon, this was my first rodeo. I was oblivious to the fact that you had plans to leave me for dead. Was I wrong to wonder wheather or not this was normal and we were just going through the motions?

 

I know the core of our back and forths concentrated on all of your green days that you never told me about, but I always knew. I was with you long enough to know that you were always sweet enough to have anything that I disapproved of on the top of your to-do list. Let me just tell you that I know I was never good enough for you, but I did try. Looking back on it, you were my blessing in disguise. So for putting me out of my misery, I thank you. And to whom it may concern, I ask that there be no clapping of the hands at the conclusion of these syllables that you have just read. For nothing involving Michelle is worthy of even the dimmest of ovations.

 

Sincerely,

T. Val

© 2013 T. Val


Author's Note

T. Val
Please give feedback, review, and enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Feels like you are being very open and honest with yourself...I wonder why you never sent it (if this is autobiographical). Having "balls" doesn't make you man and I hate that so many people out there cannot seem to comprehend that. Interesting, you had me from start to finish.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading



Reviews

weather=whether
Oooh...burn xD That got her told straight!
I like when a complex back story is condensed into one small piece of literature...leaves things to the imagination which is half the fun =)
Love that song from Juno, if it's the Moldy Peaches one you're referencing ^^


Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading
Wow, this is really great. I thought pitchfork was great but I like this even better. This is so well written and like junert said, your reference to pop culture really gives it that edge - very cool. I' m sorry if this was a true story. Don't let it make you bitter though as others suggest you should. There's lots of guys and gals out there who hurt each other and most times there pretty mixed up themselves and will regret hurting the person they hurt.
This piece sucked me in all the way. Thanks ( :


Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much Elisa. You're a sweetheart.
First of all, I am a huge Moldy Peaches fan, so that reference made me chuckle. The piece as a whole is outstanding. The emotion conveyed in this piece is almost unreal. You're angry without being volatile. It's absolutely lovely, but in a dark, grim way. Amazingly written, and your descriptive skills never cease to amaze me. You also seem to have an uncanny ability to flawlessly make allusions. They're littered throughout the piece, and they make the story flow even more nicely. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much Will. I'm glad you enjoyed this.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-K
Sad story, straight to the point, and very emotional. Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reading!
Sigh. Okay bro the truth as ricochet see's it. It's wrapped up in the spitting obscenities at you line. this chick had been testing you to see if you had any balls and would stand up to her s**t. You failed her tests and she said so long. That's what chick's do. Test our character with moody fucked up games. The crazier the girl the more challenging the tests are going to be. That's why difficult girls gravitate towards macho a******s. A guy like that can contain her bullshit and get the one up on her. What that means to her is he's a powerful in control dominant male who can take care of her. Very attractive masculine trait. Yeah I know it sounds fucked up but that's how it works. Take it from a guy who can be a serious macho a*****e

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You write very well. I like how you use well popular characters like Jekyll and Hide, Beatles, Juno, etc. And this very emotional. That confusion state that you keep pondering and wondering what you did wrong. I've read two of your works and I'm inlove.

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm glad you've enjoyed my writings :)
Junert

11 Years Ago

You're welcome. Don't stop writing.
Feels like you are being very open and honest with yourself...I wonder why you never sent it (if this is autobiographical). Having "balls" doesn't make you man and I hate that so many people out there cannot seem to comprehend that. Interesting, you had me from start to finish.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading
Dear T. Val,

I don't want to say too much seeing how this is a personal piece. I really liked the opening sentence because it gives a kind of intimate setting; its sets a serious, yet reflective tone.

Some sentences were hard to understand like this one, "Because I used to not be able to see what anyone could see in anyone else but you, but my shades have since been lifted, and now I can." I had a hard time following that and this one too, " I really should have gotten out of the fire when I could. But c'mon, this was my first rodeo. I was oblivious to the fact that you had plans to leave me for dead."

And in some areas, I felt ideas kind of just flew all over the place, but that's okay, ya know because it's personal and you are releasing emotion which tends to come in a raw format. You don't think of the best phrases, just trying to get stuff out.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the third paragraph, preferably the second sentence because it sounded like you really cared about this girl. I felt some of that hurt in this paragraph.

And the last paragraph was sad, but I have to question giving an ovation is like connoted towards giving a performance and this wasn't a performance, but a letter and it was a relationship you went through which isn't related to a performance, unless I'm missing something. I don't know, but it's a sad conclusion, nonetheless. Sorry this happened.

Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely Victorious

God bless

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading, and thanks for the review. To better understand the sentence that was hard to.. read more
Oh, I think we've all had that significant other at one time or another. Again, as with your last story, the brevity is nice, because it does a pretty good job boiling the events right down to their emotional core. The repeated misspelling of the word "whether" as "weather" was a little distracting, however. Other than that, I like it.

Best wishes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


T. Val

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1522 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 19, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013
Tags: letter, note, sad, non-fiction, wonder, mystery, questions, love, hate

Author

T. Val
T. Val

Lawngylnd, NY



About
I've been writing on and off since high school for personal pleasure. I love music and quotes with a strong meaning or a deep/sad meaning behind it. 27 year old male from Long Island New York. I .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mahogany Skin Mahogany Skin

A Poem by devon