Fire Keeper

Fire Keeper

A Story by La Belle Musical
"

This is violent and interprete to your own ideas of what it actually means.

"

SHAME! Horrible shame on you - you who dare to judge me, the greatest hero of all time. You dare tell me what I did was wrong, yet what the rest of the world does daily seems to have no consequence. I did nothing wrong - nothing! Only what had to be done. You wish to know what actually happened? Fine, this is my tale.

The fire was always started at the break of dawn and this marked the beginning of a new day. The household cannot stir a second before the fire is given life, and this is law. There are strict rules to how the fire is to be lite and who can light it. Only a maiden pure of flesh and mind can light the fire. This must also be done in complete darkness with not a sound emitted. The instruments used must be blessed by the priest before hand and was never to be touched by anyone who is neither holy nor pure.
This drama was played every day of every year for as long as anyone could remember, and just as long it has aggravated me. Why? For the simple reason that I was never picked to light the holy fire. I was - and am - of complete purity in both mind and body, but I've been overlooked time and time again. So, each morning I would watch the fire be lite by the virgin maid, and each time I would loath both her and that wretched fire. How they both mocked me time and time again. So, of course I had to get even - to show them I was just as good.
I planned it for years, and finally it was time. One morning, seemingly as average as any other, I awoke at my habitual time to watch the lighting of the fire. As I crouched down in a dark corner, I saw the maiden begin her preparations. Yet, another figure appeared. A man, garbed in black. The maiden dropped her tools and ran to him, placing her lips to his - and I knew, I knew she was not pure. Not fit to light the fire. I knew she would have to die for her sins.
Eventually the man left and the girl returned to her duties. Once the fire was lite, I walked up behind her in utter silence. Her face turned to bask in the heat of the holy fire, her eyes dancing with sinful joy, I placed my hand over her mouth. Before she could struggle, I picked up one of those holy instruments and cracked it across her thick scull. As her crimson blood pooled on the ground, I shoved her unconscious body into the roaring flames. I then watched her burn with joyful glee.
My turn had come.
Or not. The guards, already awaken in time to guard the holy fire saw me, kneeling before the fire, the blood on my hands and the traitors body burning hotly. Needless to say, I stood little chance.

I know sit before you, my tale has been told and yet you still judge me. You are no better than that w***e who sold her body in exchange for human needs! You too shall burn in good time. You too.

© 2008 La Belle Musical


Author's Note

La Belle Musical
The verb tense is alittle shaky, comment appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on March 23, 2008

Author

La Belle Musical
La Belle Musical

Westmeath, Canada



About
I am extreamly opiniated and out spoken and have a nack for tearing down people's defences and getting at the roots of their writings. I am also in a current affair with all writing and am forever sea.. more..

Writing