Dead End Finale

Dead End Finale

A Story by LaDain Jackson
"

Final Episode Of The Series

"

TWO DAYS AGO 

 

Lucas comes storming in Darius’ house and throws a check on the table and yells out “I need you to help me and come with me to Mexico in case I caught so you can represent me”! Darius picks up the check and flicks it. Danny comes out from the kitchen and draws a gun at Lucas. He puts his hand up and gets down on his knees. Danny grabs him by the back of the shirt and makes Lucas take him to his car. While being held at gun point by Danny, Lucas unlocks the trunk of his car and takes out a large duffel bag and hands it to Danny. Then Danny handcuffs Lucas to the neighbor’s fence and red and blue sirens flash in Lucas’ face. Danny walks back into the house and puts the bag on the table and unzips it and they find diamond chains, necklaces, and the cullinan diamonds. “Is there any place you wanted to go for a while” asked Danny. “There’s one place” replied Darius. 

 

 

ONE MONTH LATER  

 

 

Danny and Darius stand outside of a shack on a grassy farm land in Atlanta, Georgia drinking lemonade. As Danny stands there holding his cups he looks and visualizes his partnership with him and Darius. He first visualizes when they both in outside of the courtroom before a session. Danny and Darius stand in the hallway facing each other. “So how did you want to do this” asked Danny. “I win this case and if anything worse then I’ll feed you something else” said Darius while shrugging his shoulders. “Alright but if he does just let me know” pleaded Danny. He walks out of the building. Darius walks into the courtroom and looks at Lucas sitting there drinking a glass of water and watches as the judge arrives in the room. Then he visualizes back to when him and Darius where in the basement of Darius’ house. After Darius puts the family photo album back in its shelf a knock occurs at the door. Darius walks upstairs and gets the door. Danny stands out there on the porch. “Come right in” greeted Darius. Danny walks into the house. “Let’s sit right here” says Darius. They both sit on the couch in the living room. “How did it go today” asked Danny. “Well I won today” replied Darius. “What was he accused of” asked Danny. “His ex-girlfriend who was the plaintiff claimed that he raped her the other night but I knew he didn’t do it because I was with that night” explained Darius. “Did she get a DNA test” asked Danny. “No, Lucas just claims that she’s just crazy” says Darius. “But he has done things like that in the past and is prone to do more if you will” asked Danny in thought. “Knowing how Lucas is you never knows when he might slip up” recommended Darius. Danny looks further away at the other side of the land and visualizes back to when him and Darius were on the phone. After the meeting in the conference room Danny leaves the office and takes out his cell phone and goes into the bathroom. He dials seven digits on his phone and presses talk. “Hello Dad, yeah we got your boy Lucas on murder and attempted murder, so what you want me to do” asked Danny. On the other line of the phone Darius lies on his bed while Arielle stands on the other side of the bed putting lipstick and mascara on. “ What I want you to do is find out a way to apprehend his friend Chris to find out where he is and get him to tell you where that money is” ordered Darius. Danny hangs up the phone. The last visual Danny has him when he was 10 years old playing outside and seeing the mail man deliver an envelope into the mail box. Danny opens the mail box and pulls out the envelope and opens it. Inside the envelope is a picture of Darius in his cap and gown outside the University of UCLA. Danny takes another sip of his lemonade. “How does it taste “asks Darius. “It tastes like this whole state” replied Danny. Back in the farm land of the shack Danny and Darius both walk around the land. “This is where your grandparents are from on this very land” says Darius. “It’s nice out here” commented Danny. They each take a few more sips of their lemonade. “Do you think you’ll ever back to the bureau” asks Darius. “I could always use the rest but I never this much excitement, so you never know” replies Danny. Lucas sits on the floor of a in a solitary confinement cell smoking a cigarette wearing an orange jumpsuit. “It’s good to see you again son” said Darius holding his drink up.   

 

 

THE END   

                           

© 2015 LaDain Jackson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on May 22, 2015
Last Updated on May 22, 2015
Tags: Crime, Drama, Suspense