A brief expedition

A brief expedition

A Poem by Luna

 

Hello. Exclamation. Ciao.

You probably don’t know me and unfortunately for you, you never will, I warn you before hand what you might read here could cause shortness of breath, anxiety, distress, joy, laughter or a big fat black dead spot circulating persistently around your brain, if this is the case then you’ve understood nothing at all (oh don’t worry, I’m not offended at all it happens with most of the people).

I choose to remain unknown because one thing that is so hard to maintain today is your ‘personal identity’ and by personal I strongly mean it, there is no desire in me to be successful or well known because in all honesty the idea doesn’t really satisfy me at all.

Why would I want to give out so much about myself, the fun lies in uncoiling the mystery of things, why would you even care to know, you see it would be so easy to lay certain claims about myself that could be true, or perhaps be false, would you ever know, no, how could you? I grew up with so many weird unanswered questions that kept on popping by in my head every now and then, I rely on the notion of ‘Never Believe. Always Question’. 

I know little about life, but I’ve learned to cherish every changing moment as uniquely incredible, I like to think of myself as nothing more then a messenger of my personal cause, some might follow me deep down into my sleepy hollow, some might stand aside and laugh their guts out, but I wont mind, ill stand there letting the blue moon be my guest.

mean cut the bullshit there is no sense of balance in Westernized countries, for the parameters that society lays upon you make it extremely hard for an individual to pursue or ever attain it.

I consider myself as a ‘responsible citizen abiding the law, or am I?’ how many times have you wished to close yourself into a dark room and wanted to shout out loud whatever your mind wanted to? But unfortunately the boss sets the table, and if your soulless, arrogant, attracted by the succulent taste of power then you might get the chance to sit at the round table, and die of gluttony without even understanding the purpose of living.  Its one-way route, relax sit down but remember to ‘mind the gap between the train and the platform’.

 let me guide you into what will come across as a tedious or though provoking ‘semi tragic novella of my life’, its anything more thrilling or less exciting then the dreadful awakening of your tired hung over body limbs after a night of complete black out, nor exciting as the first time you’ve ever been on a roller-coaster, but lets say that it holds a sort of ‘drama’. 

 

As the sunlight intrudes timidly the shutters of my bedroom, the light sparks firmly against the hour hand of a large black and white clock.

He never sleeps you know, sitting above you judging, watchful little thriller even in your deepest sleep, regardless of how much time you have consumed there is no rewind button, no magician to replace it with a sip of immortal serum. The more you think of time, the more you waste on planning your daily preoccupations and it will be harder for you to detach yourself from the futile mass deception of contemporary society, you will be swift away stuck into the never ending spiral, a cyclic repetition where it becomes hard and harder to distinguish the difference between night and day, as the sleepless cities cough repeatedly cumulous amount of toxic chemicals.  It is one-way ticket, and its nauseating ticking reminds you that twenty-four hours have spun away carelessly.

 

- I open my eyes and let the covers gently uncover my face; I like to sleep underneath them, although sometimes the heaviness of my breath tends to misplace my initial intention. I woke up this morning with a lingering taste of dissatisfaction, this reckless burden of questions popping in and out of my brain torments me, and yet I have not found it, no, not one single spark of explanation for today’s incoherency.  People forget to notice the changes in the seasons, people forget to sit and stare at trees blossoming or dying, why? We have come to a point where there is no more satisfaction in admiring the beauty of Nature, like a tree with its elongating branches that stretch upwards into the sunlight, whilst other tiny twigs disappear, swallowed into the darkness of the throat’s forest. So many mysterious paths of wood echo mystic stories of ancient alchemic magicians, there is yet so much of the unknown to be discovered, it was always there in front of us begging to be unveiled, but instead we find in every corner of the Earth a biscuit filled with blue cheese waiting for the greedy to devour it without every feeling satisfied.

Once more, reality smacks me in the face like a floating boomerang but this time he is not too worried to double the deed.  

© 2013 Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on September 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 21, 2013

Author

Luna
Luna

kolkata, Hindu, India



About
To be honest and straight forward I'm not too sure who I am. Well I know a few things about myself where I come from where I'm living, but sometimes I feel like changing my skin to different colours, .. more..

Writing
 09-03-11 09-03-11

A Story by Luna