She Was Never Prepared

She Was Never Prepared

A Poem by Ladie NiQue
"

A poem I made up about a girl being raped...

"
She walked home, age seven, with both hands occupied with cards she made.
And though her teacher had thought she shouldn't, she let the girl go thinking she's okay at this age.
Eager to show her parents what she had created, the girl ran as fast as she could.
But stopped in her tracks after noticing that her parents were not home like she thought they would.
She cried... because she wasn't prepared to ring the door bell of an unfamiliar face.
Or have the feeling of neglect, leaving her nowhere else to stay.
She was never ready to be greeted with slurred words, or an intoxicated scent.
Nor did she know better to say no to his offer of sweets cause she didn't know what it meant.
She had no idea to prepared herself for his touches against her innocent skin
As he thought to himself, "I finally lured her in"...
She was never ready to submit to his demands ...
She screamed and screamed while he lifted a hand.
One blow to the cheek, she was quiet and still because she was afraid to move.
She woke up in fear, not remembering what had taken place, but she remembers that room.
She tried to get up, pain too severe to bare.
Red was everywhere.. Blood in her hair.
She didn't prepare herself to envision his smiling face as she endured so much pain and abuse.
Tears fell from her eyes as she held her sides. what could she say or do?
She tried pushing thoughts out her mind as people frequently asked about her day.
But she could only stay quiet and still because she was unsure of what to say.
Seven years old having her innocence snatched from in between her thighs.
No one till this day knows about why this girl cries cause she lies.
She was never prepared for what that man did to her.
But who ever is?

© 2010 Ladie NiQue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dom
There was a lot of strong emotions in this. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Heartfelt. I really felt this piece. You're good at evoking emotion from your writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 19, 2010
Last Updated on February 19, 2010

Author

Ladie NiQue
Ladie NiQue

Cincinnati, OH



About
I was raised in Cincinnati, Ohio and I am currently attending Northern Kentucky University where I major in English. I have been writing poems, short stories, and song lyrics since I was in junior hig.. more..

Writing
Love.... Love....

A Poem by Ladie NiQue