Christofer

Christofer

A Story by Lady E.
"

The narrative life of Christopher.

"

Christofer          

            My name is Christofer, and I'm a bear. Not a big one with claws and can roar like a beast. I'm not scary or mean or strong. That's those other bears, but I'm not one of them, you see?

            I have soft, white fur. And round, black eyes. My nose feels like velvet. And I have a red ribbon tied in a bow. My arms are always outstretched, just waiting for a hug. I don't have knees or elbows to bend; I can barely stand on my own two feet.

            But still, I like my life. Though I get tossed around a lot, I won't complain. I like the little girl with the fluffy bed who holds me tight at night. As if hanging on for dear, sweet life. I like her laughs and smiling face with those brown Dreamer eyes. She treats me well and has all these years, so who am I to fuss?

            I was given to her when my little girl was barely able to sit up. She had these dark black curls and light carmal skin. She looked at me; I looked at her. And knew right then and there that that little girl would be my life.

            For six years we played everyday. Dress-up. Tea parties. Hide-and-seek. I could go on for ages.  Then school stated and everything changed. First grade was a doozy for her and me. She took me with her, just like in Kindergarten and Pre-K. But now it was different.

            Others made fun of her for carrying me around all day. Said she was being a baby and to put the toys away. She didn't listen, just kept holding me tight. I still wonder why she did that. She could have easily put me in her bag and quieted the bullies away.

            She stood her ground and everyday brought me with her to school. For three years it went on. Then fourth grade came around. My little girl's older sister was starting high school that year. And like many others, popularity is what she wanted most. So she told my little girl to stop carrying me around. That she was too old to still be holding on.

            Then it came. The day she went to school without me. The day I was left behind. I still, painfully, remember that cold, October day. The older sister, having come home before my little girl, put me in a box. Then threw me in the attic. To collect dust. As if I don't matter.

           

            My name is Christofer. And I've been left here for so long. My fur is still white, but dust has it turning grey. My red ribbon is untying, and has been for a while. One of my round, black eyes are coming loose and I'm afraid I'll loose it. My nose still feels like velvet, but it hasn't been touched in forever.

            I have been in this box for five years now. Ever since that October day. I'm not mad. Just a bit sad. I've been up here so long; I miss my little girl. With her dark hair and carmal skin. And those Dreamer's eyes. She should be starting high school soon. Like her sister was all those years ago.

            Out of nowhere, I see the attic illuminate with light. And hear someone walking up the steps. I freeze as soon as she comes into my view. The little girl I once knew has grown so big.

            She looks so different now, I almost didn't believe. But she still has those Dreamer's eyes that I can never forget. She came looking for something. What? I never knew. But I hoped she finds me. And that wish came true.

            The teenager stared at me with silent shock, before picking me up. She patted out the dust and retied my bow. She jiggled my eye and felt my nose, before really hugging me. I could see tears building in her eyes, but there was a smile on her face. We just sat there while my girl cried and apologized to me. Saying she's sorry she lost me. I wish I could answer back.

           

            The first of ninth-grade came, and I was, once again, brought to school with her. As well as everyday after.

            My name is Christofer, and I'm not like other bears. I'm not big or scary or mean. I don't have claws and I can't rawr. I'm just a teddy bear with fluffy white fur, and round black eyes, and a velvet nose, and a red ribbon tied in a bow.

© 2014 Lady E.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on May 4, 2014
Last Updated on May 4, 2014
Tags: short story, teddy bears, teenagers

Author

Lady E.
Lady E.

Redlands, CA



About
There's always been this belief that I've had. That every living thing has merit. That we all have a purpose here. And, maybe... I don't know, just, maybe we won't ever know what our's is in our lifet.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Lady E.


True Magic True Magic

A Chapter by Lady E.


Dad Dad

A Chapter by Lady E.