My favorite Musical The Secret Garden

My favorite Musical The Secret Garden

A Stage Play by LadyKarissa
"

This write up is about my favorite musical The Secret Garden, Music by Lucy Simon and Lyrics by Marsha Mason. It is based upon the book The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett in 1912

"

My favorite musical is The Secret Garden, which came out in the year on broadway in 1991 and last until 1993 in New York. I was fortunate to see the musical twice here in Chicago at The Porchlight Theatre in April of 2006 and I was even more fortunate to go outside of Altanta, Georgia to see the musical put on by a playhouse in McDough, Georgia with my late bf, Frank.

The music was hauntingly beautiful and I can say the acting at both places was outstanding. I loved it all three times.  My favorite song which was written by Lucy Simon, yes the older sister of Caryl Simon was How Could I Ever Know, a duet sung by Lily and Archie.

Lily dies ten years before after she gives birth to their son, Collin, and Archie still grieves over Lily's death until his niece, Mary comes to live with Collin and him out at Misselthwwaite Manor in Yorkshire, England.

 

The Secret Garden has spiritual overtones to it because the writer of The Secret Garden was a Christian Scientist.

 

The arrival of Mary brings Misselthwaite Manor back to life and Mary helps her Uncle Archie and Cousin Collin to live again. This helps Archie to let go of the ghosts of the past that still haunts him.

 

If you go to my front page you can listen to a version of How Could I Ever Know sung by Archie and Lily. The playhouse that did The Secret Garden was in Okalhoma.

 

I hope that The Secret Garden makes its round again so I can go and see it again. Daisy Egan won the 1992 Tony Award for Mary Lennox. The youngest broadway actress to ever win the award in Tony Award History.

 

Lucie

 

The Secret Garden, Torchlight Theatre

In Chicago, IL . This is the couple that played

Lily and Archie.

 

 

 

 

Archie, Mary, and Collin in the Secret Garden Musical put on at the Porchlight Theatre in Chicago, IL

 

 

 

© 2011 LadyKarissa


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011

Author

LadyKarissa
LadyKarissa

BORN IN BETHESDA, MD, LIVE IN CHICAGO, , IL



About
My name is Lucie Elizabeth Ann Wesson. I am 56 years old white female. I was born Lucie Annalen Wesson but I changed my name on my confirmation day April 6, 1996 to Lucie Elizabeth Ann Wesson when I .. more..

Writing