To His Horror He Saw...

To His Horror He Saw...

A Story by crystallized illusions

He turned the key in the lock and opened the door. To his horror, he saw her. Her sickly pale flesh, those dark menacing hues were staring at him. She was evil poured into the mold of a woman. Clenching his jaw until he believed his teeth would crack and break in a bony, bloody mess out of his mouth, he froze in the doorway as she smiled at him. Those full, flower-petal lips curled over her bright white teeth, exposing her long, dagger-like canine teeth. A giggle was released from her chest, and it pierced his ears as it echoed against the walls of the small, dark room, lit by nothing except the small flame of a single candle.

After all these years of running, hiding, lying and stealing to save his own skin, Mephistopheles itself had tracked him down and cornered him; Caught in the doorway, frozen, like a deer in the midst of the beaming head lights of a roaring SUV. 
Swallowing thickly down a dry, sandpaper throat, he finally felt his stiff, frozen body animate " though he didn’t dare advance towards her. Fear was rolling off of him in waves, and the sensation of the knowledge this bestowed upon her only thrilled her, for she looked up and held his eyes, her expression holding not a sign of bitterness, but an amused smirk.
"
What do you want?” He felt himself say quietly over his tense yet faux bravery.
“You know exactly what I want,” She mused darkly, past those four fangs that peeked from behind her lips with each word spoken. Her voice was that of the most glamorous of beings. It was perfect yet sinister, and it made his stomach roll in his gut just to hear it. A shiver of electric fear coursed through him, making his muscles flex.

She stood, making him tense once more and press heavily against the doorway as if he were deciding whether or not to try and run; though an attempt at escape was a useless notion. An almost far away dream, on the contrary, at least he would parish knowing he tried to fight for his every last dying breath.
As she ascended to her feet, she drifted across the room; in such a preternatural manner, however, that she seemed to merely glide over the floor towards him. Each step seemed so fluid that it gave the illusion she was merely floating like the ghostly haunted soul she was. Before he could humanly process her movements, she was beside him, pressing against his side and slowly trailing her long, bony, skeletal fingers against the hot flesh of his neck. Her touch was cold, but not the type of cold that one experiences whilst sticking their hand in ice " the sensation was difficult to describe. It was like feeling the hand of your dead relative at their funeral, yet it was living. It was alive, and perhaps too much so. The living dead girl.

Though he tried desperately to remain still against her caress, he flinched at her touch; his mind raced, trying to figure out some plan of escape. No. There was no escape this time.
“It’s a shame, really,” She mused softly as she so gently touched against his flesh until she held her fingers loosely over the vein near his throat that held the thundering pulse of his speeding heart. “If only you’d have just loved me..,” She trailed off, a short sense of broken-hearted bitterness tinting her voice.
He could feel her long, savage, pointed nails stroke lightly against his flesh, sending gooseflesh over him and causing him almost to flinch.
“I’m sorry… I am--“ he began, feeling a pathetic plea taint his tone.
“Hush. You’re not sorry, my darling.. Mon cheri. There is not an apologetic bone hidden within your cold, heartless shell.”
“I could make it up to you,”
“I don’t concur.”
He opened his mouth, but her long fingers were gripping at his throat; a scream rose in his chest, but nothing came out into the deadly kiss she planted upon his lips, forcing his lips open to match her own and letting her cold tongue flick briefly against his, sending shivers of some odd, fearful yet sympathetic emotion down his vertebrate. Quickly, she pulled her soft lips away from his; and in a swift, graceful movement, she shoved him back against a wall and plunged her canines into his throat. A scream built in his chest one more, and a sick, blood-gurgling noise escaped him, mixing with something of a high-pitched squeal. Instantaneously, in contact with her fangs, his skin pierced and spurt a fountain of hot blood into her mouth and down her throat. His body was sent into shock, and he froze in the midst of his twistedly wet shriek.

The woman’s long, soft golden hair fell over her face as she bent over him, cradling his large form perfectly in her strong arms as his long legs crumpled underneath him. He began descending to the floor beneath him, but she held him up on limp, lifeless legs as she drained him, feeling the heat leave his body as she pulled the blood from him and drank it savagely down her throat. 
It filled her body with warmth.. Sent hotness through each one of the millions of veins within her icy form. There was an ecstacy to it that sent her dark eyes rolling back in her head; That slipped a moaning growl from between her clamped jaw.


It took her a mere seven seconds to rid his body of it's scarlet vital fluid. Feeling him go limp in her arms, she pulled her mouth away, feeling her long yet satisfied teeth slide easly back and out of his throat. Slowly, delecately lowering him to the floor, she knelt beside him and slowly ran her long, pale, bony finger against his cheekbone. 
"So peaceful," She whispered quietly into the air around her as she gazed down upon him, her eyes softening as though she were a mother gazing down upon her sleeping child. "As if you were asleep."
Getting nonchlantly to her feet, the woman took one more gaze down at him, pursing her lips briefly before turning away, stepping over his body to disappear through the doorway in a mere breeze and flash of pale skin and dark clothing, into the night.

© 2012 crystallized illusions


Author's Note

crystallized illusions
"He turned the key in the lock and opened the door. To his horror, he saw..." was on the board in my sophmore English class. It turned into this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I almost turned around to see there was anyone luring around... but I managed to write this comment, so no worries :)
Guess my blood ran cold during the reading which saved me..
Scary? No!
Thrilling? No!
Impossible to describe with mere mortal's words? Yes!
The description of the surroundings and the movements of the characters is outstanding, I could see every single line come to real life. I certainly believe that small things can inspire great things, which is justified with this story.
There is one small comment I must make, though. There are a few lines in which you use quotation marks for no sensible reason, perhaps you should have a second read and see what I mean. There is one halfway through the first paragraph.

It turned into a really nice story. Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


crystallized illusions

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your time and this review!
Haha, I'm glad that it didn't frighten you t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4098 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2012
Last Updated on October 9, 2012
Tags: English Class, Creative Writing

Author

crystallized illusions
crystallized illusions

a world where i don't belong, PA



About
i write my story, all i know of it.. and i throw the pages to the wind. maybe the birds can read it. more..

Writing