Why I don't support Polyandry

Why I don't support Polyandry

A Story by Ladee
"

as seen at

"

Polygamy: The practice of having more than one spouse. When I refer to polygamy on this blog, I'm actually referring to polygyny. 

Polygyny: The practice of one man having more than one wife.

Polyandry: the practice of one woman having more than one husband.

So why not, hmm? Why can't one woman have more than one husband, you might ask. Do Fundamentalists condone this?
The answer is absolutely not. The two biggest reasons quite simply are

1. The polygamist household stands on mutual motherhood.

2. Polyandry defeats the purpose of multiplying and replenishing the earth (having children.)

I explained in an earlier blog that Mutual Motherhood is the foundation for a polygamous household. Without mutual motherhood, there is no "why polygamy." There is no balance, there is no real reason for one man to have more than one wife. That connection between the women, sharing motherhood together as their children have the same father and are hence siblings.. is the big reason for why polygamy. We established in the earlier entry that mutual motherhood exists because of the very different sociological way that women interact with one another in society today as opposed to how men interact. Women are known to be much, much closer on much more intense levels and most guys deem it weird. It is that closeness and need for each other that is the reason polygamy can even work with all of the "jealousy" you hear about. Without mutual motherhood, it would not work period with facing jealousy. You have probably asked that, how can they share? How can they not be jealous? The answer is mutual motherhood. Do men share mutual fatherhood? If you're a father, do you and your buds go out near as often together as your wife goes out with her girlfriends? Do you want to bring your kids to your best guy friends house for a play date with his kids? Is that something you long for and wish for often? That right there- do you even call your buds "boyfriends?" Of course you don't. That would imply homosexuality. When girls refer to their best friends as girlfriends, does that imply homosexuality? Nope. If two men got on the dance floor at a bar and got a little kinky with their dance moves, they would be deemed gay. But if two women got on the dance floor and got kinky with their moves, it would be considered attractive. This is because the relationship women share with one another is so vastly different than what men share, it's sort of a universally accepted and acknowledged bond of closeness that is just natural. It's human nature. It is that nature and bond that is the why for polygamy. My earlier blog goes more into mutual motherhood: just what exactly it is and why it is the reason for polygamy. When you have one woman with more than one husband, defined polyandry, you completely take out mutual motherhood. I do not consider this lifestyle to even be in the same ballpark as the polygamy I speak of.

So, if we say that there is no mutual motherhood, can mutual fatherhood exist? Is there such a thing? There are two aspects to mutual motherhood. Not just the connection women share for one, but also the fact that their children are siblings and hence they are sharing motherhood on a much deeper level than say.. two best friends with kids who are married to different men. So, if by chance, two men could connect on a level strong enough to establish a mutli-partner house with one woman.. mutual fatherhood would not exist. One big reason why mutual motherhood can work well, is because since the patriarch can have both wives pregnant at the same time: they can even have kids that are the same age. This can strengthen their connection. While a woman with more than one husband could have children by each man, she can only be pregnant with one man at a time. Whereas, a polygamist man can be pregnant with multiple women at the same time: having more children with each woman and some children between the wives being the same age. A woman living polyandry only carries one child at a time by each man, hence, each of her multiple spouses can only have a blood child with her every few years. A man living polygyny can have multiple children being carried by his wives at a time, hence, they are still having blood children with him on a good basis.  Hence, one man-more than one woman household can produce more children in less time: and having children strengthens the relationship between the consenting adults living in the polygamist household. 

Aside from that, there is another problem. Men are much, much more competitive beings than women and are much, much more protective of what is theirs. Testosterone is a much more aggressive hormone than estrogen. Men are protectors, hunters, and masculine beings while women are more feminine and delicate. Yes, while competition can exist between women, it's nowhere close to the level that exists between men and it's nowhere near as aggressive. I highly doubt most men would consent to a polyandry relationship with one woman, sharing her among one another. At least if they did, a very small level of love would exist and probably a very high level of bisexuality.

There are decisions that I believe men just.. make better, psychologically speaking. I think they really do better being the leaders of a household, and I'm not so much one for women who wear the man pants. I am not degrading women or saying they should not be able to support themselves. I simply believe in the very traditional image of a man and a woman: the man being the provider and the woman being the devoted mother and care giver in her home. I do not think that this functions properly in a polyandry relationship, nor do I think a woman should be in charge of several men as her husbands. I don't think they would work well together either.

So basically, I feel that polyandry is against everything I stand for in a multiple spouse relationship (child raising and bearing, finances, function, relationships, and motherhood) &I do not support it. Polyandry is the practice of having more than one husband, polygyny is to have more than one wife, and polygamy simply means many spouses. When I refer to polygamy or plural marriage here, I intend it as polygyny.

© 2011 Ladee


Author's Note

Ladee

All tactful discussion encouraged between reviewers. Feel free to disagree or agree with my presented opinions at anytime.
Love,
Lady Plurality

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on September 18, 2011
Last Updated on September 18, 2011

Author

Ladee
Ladee

About
Pro-polygamy voice on the web and Owner/writer at http://www.ladyplurality.com/ I believe plural marriage to be a positive lifestyle for the relationship between women and raising children if pra.. more..

Writing
I Support Love I Support Love

A Story by Ladee