A Glimpse

A Glimpse

A Story by Effie
"

God speaks to each of us in a way we can understand. This is what He said to me. There are things that cannot be said with words.

"

A Glimpse

 

Drawn to the window, I lean on the sill and press my face close; I catch my breath and feel the warmth, a rush in my chest at what I see. Impulses of excitement run through my body.

Everything through the thick glass became crystal clear. The rolling green meadow, the gentle sway of the trees; the vivid blue of the sky, were in perfect peace and harmony.

The landscape before me is another place in time, and I know I am being gifted with this glimpse, very precious to me.

The view is a taste of freshness, as light and cool as the gentle breath of a baby in slumber. The scene is illuminated with a glow, radiant as it bathes everything it touches leaving no trace of a shadow.

A movement catches my eye and my attention is drawn to an area the glow seems to be radiating from. I concentrate, and the vague shape of a man begins to become clear. He is walking across the velvet green and with his steps there is an air of serenity that moves with him.

His stride lengthens, his image becomes clear, and I know him. He is now running with great strides and is skipping and leaping, like a boy.

 

I almost missed the most amazing sight coming from the other direction as I concentrated on him.

A group of children were running but it looked more like a graceful dance as their little feet barely touched the ground.

 

I am annoyed, for a moment something obscures my vision, and I try to look around it to see the delightful children. I realize what I am seeing as my eyes are allowed to see, angels! Angels are hovering over them as they continue to race toward their goal.

 Such happiness is evident on each little face as they sprint with joy and cries of pleasure echo through the air. Laughter, squeals of delight, and giggles fragrance the air with happiness as they get closer to the man running toward them.


My heart is racing with expectation as I witness the man reach out to the little ones. Some are small, some are tall and of all size and color. He swoops one lucky tiny one up with his big gentle hands as he continues to run.

 

The group changes direction trailing along clapping their hands and calling, "me Jesus, take me...It's my turn...I'm next Jesus!"

He laughs and the very air resounds with the wonder of his voice. I am captivated by his gentleness and the love that is flowing from him to the group of children he is playing with.

As they continue their play, he gives each one a turn as the angels gather to watch.

 

I feel the tension mount to the point it cannot be contained one more moment as the angels, wings unfurl, rise. Their voices are lifted as one in a song of praise of such beauty my soul is straining to leave, and join with them. I feel the longing in my soul to go...to join the miracle, to praise and worship him.

He turns and as his eyes meet mine I see tears of love trickle down his face. He lifts a nail scared hand to wave and speak to my heart of things that cannot be said with words.

 

In his arms he holds my daughter so tenderly and whispers his love for me to see.

The glass in this magical window begins to cloud, and once again they are out of my sight.

I hold on to the hope and love Jesus has given, to keep me through this night, knowing I will be there soon, in the morning light.  

 

Written June 2009 


© 2018 Effie


Author's Note

Effie
I do not write stories well although I would like to someday. This is not just a story but something I experienced. Please forgive the feeble attempt at the recording of this amazing gift I was given.
Driving down the road I could see the image of this writing with the eyes of my heart. This image never left me. I believe God speaks to each one of us in a way we can understand. I understand, I believe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

People should write what they feel and see whether from inner or outer influences. Wherever inspiration comes from it deserves to be felt and shared - if considered relevant: you so obviously feel that. Even from this cold technological being, your words truly shine and your feelings speak gently, and, in the sweetest way - innocently. It's beautiful and comforting, 'makes a change from the cynical words that pour from other minds. Thank you so much, Effie.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Effie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much emmajoy! And I appreciate the encouragement. Writing what I feel and believe comes.. read more
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

You're more than welcome. :)



Reviews

This is a very nice write Effie such a soothing poem. Just write the way you feel Effie. This is what you have done here and it was so very nice, my friend...Peter

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
I like this, I think you should just write whatever you feel at the time. Nicely done

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Effie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and comment. I appreciate it kindly.
People should write what they feel and see whether from inner or outer influences. Wherever inspiration comes from it deserves to be felt and shared - if considered relevant: you so obviously feel that. Even from this cold technological being, your words truly shine and your feelings speak gently, and, in the sweetest way - innocently. It's beautiful and comforting, 'makes a change from the cynical words that pour from other minds. Thank you so much, Effie.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Effie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much emmajoy! And I appreciate the encouragement. Writing what I feel and believe comes.. read more
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

You're more than welcome. :)
Very spiritual and life changing. Your faith shines through and through. Not a christian but I like your telling of this. Imagery is wonderful too...Keep it up.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Effie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind review. Your comments are very encouraging and much appreciated.
Sami Khalil

5 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
Captivated by this glorious storytelling, expressed and shared with such flair and style and ethereal class.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Effie

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much Dee. I appreciate your generous words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2018
Last Updated on June 14, 2018
Tags: God, Heaven, Love, Hope, Death, Life, Personal, Experience, Non Fiction, Faith, Angels, True Story

Author

Effie
Effie

Writing
My Choice My Choice

A Poem by Effie


Ranting Ranting

A Poem by Effie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..