Excuses

Excuses

A Poem by Lalli
"

If I ask you a few questions, will you give me excuses?

"

 

EXCUSES
By: Lalli
 
What if I told you…
You could do anything you dreamed?
Because you can!
I won’t say it’ll be easy but it can be achieved
 
What if I told you…
You could obtain inner peace?
Because you can!
Believe in your self and your heart will be eased
 
What if I told you…
You could have the strength to be bold?
Because you can!
Eliminate cowardly thoughts replacing them with self confidence and your courage will grow
 
What if I told you that our biggest problems are trivial?
Would you laugh in my face and tell me I didn’t know?
Would you claim that I have no clue
With the boastful attitude of, “Fool, you don’t know what I’ve been through!”?
 
But what if I told you…
 
You were right?
 
Would you keep defensively attacking with me as your target in sight?
Or would you realize that I’m not pointing fingers in this one sided fight
That by stating your right
I’m in agreement that I have no clue
But I’m not tryin’ to judge you and I’m definitely not trying to argue with you too
My hands
Are not held up in front of my chest
They are not
Clinched tight in a boxer’s position
They are moving around in front of me because I speak with them
As I state the truth
 
So what If told you
It’s all minimal compared to the monumental size to the scheme of this life
Would you keep a closed mind convinced I’m still trying to fight
Or would you realize that I had just given you a clue
That there’s a reason behind the madness of this positive attitude
 
What if I told you…
Misery loves company?
Would you say sarcastically aggressive to tell you something new,
To quit wasting your precious time,
That you have better things to do than hear old cliché’s that you already knew?
 
But what if I told you
 
That’s exactly my point
 
Would you stop bitchin’ for a second because now you’re confused?
Would you want to listen for a second curious to what it is I’m tryin’ to prove?
Because what I’m tryin’ to tell you is…
Life, is too short
Time, is precious
It is one of the only certainties that’s guaranteed in this world
Since it will always come and go
But it can never be replaced
We can never truly make up for lost time
So why would we want to waste it being lazy?
Complacent with thoughts that we dream to big
Why would we want to waste it being mentally angry and weak?
Why would we want to waste it conforming from the worry of what other people think?
Why would we want to waste it spending the majority of our time with misery?
From focusing on nothing but negativity
Why would we do this…?
When we should be happy that we are lucky enough to even be alive!
So why…
Let obstacles stop us from achieving our dreams?
Why let the pain of inner struggle consume our minds?
Why let mental strength be absent from our lives?
And why…
Worry about the problems of yesterday?
When we should fix our troubles of today and start thinking ahead
Planning our steps for the future
 
So what if I told you that the only thing stopping you
Is you
And your excuses

© 2008 Lalli


Author's Note

Lalli
Enjoy.... I think you'll like this one, Its a thougth provoker

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I totally agree with you on this....anything is possible if you set your mind to it. my life has been a series of changes for several months now and i believe that if you want something with all your heart and mind, you can make it happen. a person should always reassess the way they live their lives... if something needs to be changed, change it. being closed minded and unwilling to do anything about what their lives have become is no one's fault but their own, making excuses why it won't work for them.

i for one, have embraced change and and look forward at times to see what the world will bring.

thanks for sharing your thoughts on this and i hope that anyone that reads this gets he message.

Alway,

Amanda

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I totally agree with you on this....anything is possible if you set your mind to it. my life has been a series of changes for several months now and i believe that if you want something with all your heart and mind, you can make it happen. a person should always reassess the way they live their lives... if something needs to be changed, change it. being closed minded and unwilling to do anything about what their lives have become is no one's fault but their own, making excuses why it won't work for them.

i for one, have embraced change and and look forward at times to see what the world will bring.

thanks for sharing your thoughts on this and i hope that anyone that reads this gets he message.

Alway,

Amanda

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Hi Lali, I really loved this piece. It's exactly what I needed to leave my old garbage behind and start fresh with a new hope on life. Thanks for this, it really touched me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

yayyyy!!!! i love this one; this is exactly the type of things i've been thinking about lately. especially on the road, living this strange life i've been living these past 6 weeks or so. it just made me realize - anything is possible.

and i get so TIRED of people's excuses. they have an excuse for everything, but most importantly they have excuses why they CAN NOT change their lives - the same lives that they b***h and moan about every day - but then when you say "well, make changes" they go on for just as long explaining why they can't. which is BS - because changes can always be made. and i think i've proved that these past couple months - and i hope to continue doing so. if this silly trip of mine can inspire just one person (the same way you feel about your poem, i am sure) then i am happy. because people need to go AFTER their happiness and their dreams... not wait for the damn ship to come it (cuz it doesn't work that way) but yes everything and anything is possible.

i adored this piece. that's basically what i'm saying.

:)


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 10, 2008
Last Updated on June 13, 2008

Author

Lalli
Lalli

Phoenix, AZ



About
It takes one voice, one passion, and one heart to create a positive existence in anothers life Lalli is an awareness/performance poet in Phoenix, AZ with a unique creative use of off-.. more..

Writing
Sometimes Sometimes

A Poem by Lalli


PTSD PTSD

A Poem by Lalli