Love

Love

A Story by Lana123

Love, the best of friends the worst of friends. The most dangerous and thrill seeking game you can play. You let a person into the dark corners of your heart that place where only you go. That place where the surface friends and even family cannot see. That one solitary confined place that only you know exists. You tell them your dreams and hopes and ambitions. You become as a puppet on a string which will do all sorts of foolish things to entertain your puppet master.

Yes love. The most thrilling roller coaster of all time. The rush of waking up at three am and feeling elated about it because you found something. Something real and true and something right. Love does not know distance or time, it doesn't know marriage or commitment or bonds. It won't stop because you ask it to. A person can find themselves in the most hopeless of situations because of love. The most sorrowful is when the other person stops loving back.

Your heart will sting and pain will over take it. You find yourself heaving great sighs of sadness. You revisit ever old memory and wonder how and why and how long it will take. For some it's weeks and for some it's years. Some have lost their ability to grieve, their ability to love. Some have lost their compassion, they have practically lost their soul.

But for those of us that our left, we feel love. The sweet voice telling us to go forward, move ahead, is no longer their. That person that believed in us, that trusted us, that felt us is gone. Yes we can condemn ourselves for loving them. We can feel betrayed or convince ourselves it wasn't real...but it still jabs our heart. Like a knife it will cut deeper and deeper into your soul. To the very core and center of who you are this knife does wound. Like no other pain ever felt...you will feel.

That's why I believe the strong choose to feel it. To allow a person so close into your heart that the pain you feel is unbearable. To know that at one time in your life you were truly connected, truly truly at the heart of who you are invaded. Crushed. Only to some day be rebuilt and seek out the new doors that have opened.

© 2008 Lana123


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on May 30, 2008

Author

Lana123
Lana123

About
I'm a mom going to school to be a graphic designer. I'm almost done. I write poetry and some creative writing from time to time. I love my family. I have a huge extended family and spend alot of time .. more..

Writing
Crying Alone Crying Alone

A Poem by Lana123