Players

Players

A Poem by Lane Craver
"

Internet Drama is Real

"
PLAYERS

The game begins with a friend request, a comment, a heart to the pretty pic you posted. A wicked smile crosses your face as you foresee the plays about to unfold as you accept the friend request, return a comment, heart his gif he left to get noticed.
Oh how the plays unfold like a pair of hounds after a mole. Hello beautiful, how are you? They begin again. Like what's it to ya? Is how it sounds in my head. 
Thousands of times have I rolled down this rabbit hole. What's it going to be this time? A visit, a house, a marriage, a sweet nothing that adds up to zero. What could possibly make me think this could be a wholesome hero?
Dancing in the wind, checking out the way he moves, he talks, he smiles. Dancing ever so close to the cliff's edge, where we will lose our walk, and fall for miles.
The player in control, the mind f****r letting him lead the way. Which way, oh which way will he go. Your brain creates plans, as the dance continues on. 
The scammer, the liar, the cheat are all considered players. Experience is what is your hammer, the higher and longer it draws them near, the harder they spin their cheek back to kingdom over yonder.
One, two, and more, they dance right off to the cliff's floor. Block, report, take the names down and and show them the door.
How many players? How many players must I endure, to find one who I can love and adore?

© 2022 Lane Craver


Author's Note

Lane Craver
Well, not my best. Rough draft as always. Never considered myself a poet, so it is what it is :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice. Well thought out.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lane Craver

1 Year Ago

Thank you! That means a lot to me :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 20, 2022
Last Updated on April 20, 2022
Tags: Love, Poem, Mushy, Connections, Souls, Betrayals, Fakes, Roller Coaster Ride

Author

Lane Craver
Lane Craver

Deep Volcano Valley, OR



About
Adventurous mom, with big dreams more..

Writing