Tips to make a healthy green smoothie for weight loss

Tips to make a healthy green smoothie for weight loss

A Story by LarryJones3
"

Green smoothies are a great way to lose weight. If you want to add green smoothies to your diet, here a few tips to make a healthy green smoothie for weight loss.

"

Smoothies are a great addition to any diet. However, when most people think about smoothies, they think about strawberries, blueberries, bananas and pineapples. No one ever thinks about vegetables. If you want to lose weight, you should start thinking about vegetables in relation to smoothies. Green smoothies are a great way to lose weight. If you want to add green smoothies to your diet, here are a few tips to make a healthy green smoothie for weight loss.


 Green smoothies can be tasty, nutritious and smooth. They are extremely convenient. Instead of eating a tired salad, you can drink a healthy delicious green smoothie that you can carry as you walk to work, walk in the park, driving to work, etc. It is a quick and easy way to stay healthy on the go. If you drink 64 ounces of green smoothies a day, you will see your weight begin to decrease.




1. How to make a green smoothie nutritious.

If a green smoothie is made right, it should contain fiber, an array of minerals and vitamins, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. Raw kale or collard greens pack the most nutritious value. Any green smoothie needs to consist of one if not both of the leafy greens. You can also use dandelion greens, romaine, bok choy or parsley as alternatives. Robust dark leafy greens are full of calcium that absorbs and iron. Greens such as spinach and Swiss chard do not have this positive feature. However, they can be used in a smoothie if you blend them with a leafy green. You should rotate the greens you use on a daily basis. This will help you reduce the toxicity in your body.


 2. How to clean your greens.

Greens can be gritty. The proper cleaning of them is essential to making a healthy green smoothie for weight loss. To clean greens, you need to fully submerge the leaves in a sinkful of water. Then take them out, rinse them, and shake off excess water. Once the leaves are mostly dry, store them in a storage bag. Do not close the storage bag. You want the top to remain open. The leaves can stay nice and crisp for a few days if you keep them refrigerated.


 3. How to determine what fruits to add.

Fruits are what make smoothies so tasty. The rule of thumb is to have a 60/40 ratio. Your green smoothie should contain 60% fruit and 40% veggies. So if you start with a veggie base of 2 cups of kale, you need at least 3 cups of a fruit.


 Fruits help make the smoothies smooth.

You do not have to use just one fruit in a green smoothie. You can use up to three.

Frozen bananas, mangoes, pineapples and peaches are great additions to a green smoothie. If your fruit is fresh and not frozen, you will have to add a few ice cubes to the smoothie. Frozen berries should be added to all green smoothies. They are very nutritious and can make any green smoothie delicious.


 Seasonal fruits are a great way to mix it up. You can add apples, oranges, grapefruits, or pears for your winter green smoothies. For spring and summer times, grapes, melons, peaches, berries and  nectarines are delightful additions to green smoothies. If you want a little sour to add to the sweet, limes and lemons are very alkalizing for the body.


 4. How to make a green smoothie for weight loss.

Start with a green leaf.

Place it in the blender.

Now, add in your liquid base. A liquid base can be coconut milk, almond milk, coconut water, or water. The amount should equal the amount of green leaves. So if you put 2 cups of kale, collards, romaine, etc., you should add 2 cups of your liquid base into the blender.


Blend the ingredients together.

Add fruits and blend all of it together. Remember, you need 60% of fruit.

Enjoy your green smoothie and your new waist.

© 2014 LarryJones3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

LarryJones3
LarryJones3

Maidenhead, Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Larry Jones - She is a Health Consultant, working for a few successful Health care Industries in United Kingdom. more..

Writing