Dear Mind

Dear Mind

A Story by Lashanna
"

This is a piece that I wrote that reflects how I, and many other people, feel about the thoughts that roam into my brain.

"
My teacher told me to write a love letter to someone I hate. This is what came to mind as I wrote:

Dear mind,
I love you, but I hate you. As crazy and insane as that sounds I honestly can not stand you. I need you though despite my anger toward you, you're beneficial to me. I could not read without you or comprehend complex words or situations. With you I can branch out into the limits of the world and uncover things I never knew. You are like a looking glass into knowledge that can be stored for later use. You help me answer questions like, "What do you think?" And "How do you feel about this?" because with you I can develop an opinion based on my feelings. You are very special, I'll give you that. I still don't like you. Do you want to know why?

You make me stay up at night because I'm worried about what my friends will think of my hair. You taunt me with words like, "you aren't good enough" and "what makes you think you're special?". You constantly judge me and when I look in the mirror, you never have anything nice to say. You sit up there and you hurt me and you don't even care. Do you even realize what you're doing to me?

From, an angry teenager who wants to be happy.

As I ended the letter I'm staring to wonder something though..something that I never thought of before I started writing this. Is this a letter to my mind or to myself? That, I don't think I'll ever truly understand. Do I control my mind..or does my mind control me?

© 2015 Lashanna


Author's Note

Lashanna
Please leave comments as I plan to share this at an open mic very soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good letter. I like the personal feel of the words. You create places, thoughts and reasons in the letter. Thank you for sharing the outstanding letter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015
Tags: Mind, thoughts, anxiety, depression

Author

Lashanna
Lashanna

Philadelphia , PA



About
Hello there(: My name is Lashanna. I am 17 years old and I love to write stories and poetry! more..

Writing
The Forest The Forest

A Chapter by Lashanna