Them.

Them.

A Poem by Steve(:
"

Ehhhhhh :P

"
There they all sit, pretending like they don't know.
THEY think it's all okay,
THEY honestly believe that it's just a little push, just playing when they call him all those names.
They are the ones supposed to be his "Friends".
They are the ones supposed to stay by his side.
But, as he stands in silence,
THEY play their games.
They honestly think it's just a little bruise, We only cut him up a bit, friends do that, right?
He cries at night.He thinks thoughts of hurting all the ones that have hurt him.
Just because he's different, THEY think he has no power, no rights.
What if one day THEY went to far?
What if the cuts added up, what if the beatings became worse?
He's unable to cry out, stuck in his own world.
Even if he did ask for help, who could hear his pleas?
Who would reach out to the one that was "Diffrent".
Who would care...?
He cowered in fear as THEY struck their last blow, the tears streaming down the faces of those who never helped.
The ones who never stuck up for him.
And now, he's gone.
And who's fault was it...?
Them?

© 2011 Steve(:


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good write..

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh my God......Hold on a minute and let me gather myself after this insanely shocking and so lifelike poem............... Ok first things first. This was a beautiful poem, very well written and flawless in its flow. Second the reality of this poem hits like a rock hard blow to the forehead. People everyday are bullied because they are 'different' and its sending teen suicide rates skyrocketing. I have dealt many times with my friends who are 'different' than the other people who are on the verge of suicide so I know on a personal level how this affects people. So to read this poem is amazing because it brings to light people besides myself who either have the same concern are suffering. My advice is keep writing and publish. Get poems like this out there to those people that need it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderfully written

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this one but there are so many ones about bullying. I still really like this one though

Posted 12 Years Ago


Here's the fix: "What if one day THEY went to far?" Don't you mean "too" far?
Now, to the appraise: This is so raw and true that it evokes an emotion of angst and sorrow from the reader.
"What if the cuts added up, what if the beatings became worse?
He's unable to cry out, stuck in his own world.
Even if he did ask for help, who could hear his pleas?" You went for the jugular with this powerful blow. This is absolutely stunning.
"He cowered in fear as THEY struck their last blow, the tears streaming down the faces of those who never helped." Here you show great insight into the aftermath of his suffering and the result, how it affected everyone.
But by far, the ending is so unique. "Them?" Though you want the reader to feel bad for the kid, you let them decide for themselves if it was really the bullies fault or his own? Do you blame bullying and insufficient peer help prevention? Or do you blame the individual himself for not having the courage or initiative to stand up and take hold of his life by reaching out to others? Perhaps it wasn't the suffering that led to his death; perhaps it was the fear they beat into him that really killed him in the end. Great job for leaving it up for argument. Thank you for sharing.


Posted 12 Years Ago


I know how he feels :/ I hate it that people have to be this way. It's sad. Really great poem. :) I really liked it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So sad, that people have to be this way....

Posted 12 Years Ago


thank you for letting me read it

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ty:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Brings painful thoughts, and its sad that this happens nearly everyday. The only thong we could possibly do without violence escalating is to suck it up and pretend it never happened. I can relate to this, and so can many others, great write, keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

924 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2011
Last Updated on October 12, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Steve(:
Steve(:

TX



About
14, and facing the world alone. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rain Rain

A Poem by BlueEyes