Finally Over

Finally Over

A Poem by Lastwords187

By the end of the night she knew it would all be over. She wasn't exactly scared she knew how the night would end for a long time. She just hated to know she was leaving so much unsaid, so much of her life had not been lived. Although she'd never admit it to anyone, she hated the life she has lived. Words of hatred echoed through her mind. She always managed to put on a smile and walk around with the greatest outer appearance when on the inside she was chewing herself up for being something she hated…a fake, fraud, someone who was holding back for the amusement of other, worse the approval of others. 'Why do I need their approval?' She found herself thinking more than once. She knew her true friends; the people in her life that she let deep into her life would always love her for who she really was; yet she still hides from even them. Giving everyone a different piece of her. Revealing only things that they themselves could handle. How could she tell others things she wasn't ready to admit to even herself…the truth was, she couldn't.

So she kept her secret for years it gnawed at her. Tearing her from the inside out, till she could no longer take it. It had to come out. Everything normally does. She could no longer hide it from herself; she had to let it out.

She stood there, hands gripping the sink, looking at her paling face in the mirror… "Now or never." She said, eyes not leaving the image of the girl in the mirror. No more will she be the person she despised. No more…finally she was free

© 2016 Lastwords187


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016
Tags: suicide, poem, freedom

Author

Lastwords187
Lastwords187

Houston, TX



About
For the purpose of this page, I will be concentrating on Catfish, however I will still post other bits and pieces of my other stories as well. However the feedback I receive will help me when it come.. more..

Writing
I Am I Am

A Poem by Lastwords187