The short burden

The short burden

A Story by Melvin Roest
"

A (very) short story about unconditionally accepting help from a friend, no matter what her methods are.

"
Go slow. Go even slower. Stop. Stop and see where you are at. What do you notice? How do you feel? You have one word. Preferably zero words. Just experience. I can see your face. I can feel what you feel. No need to talk, only to expierence, five minutes.

What's time anyway? How did it go this time for you? Did it pass by fast? Slow? Or extra dimensional even? I can't read it from your face. You have to talk. I can't feel how you experience time just by looking at your face. No matter how calm, or how centered, or how open I am to every movement of every muscle in your face. I guess time is feelings combined, with a little bit of thought. I'm not a mind reader.

Thank you for doing this with me. I know this was hard for you. But it will help you. I'm sure. I'm curious about what you want to share with me. 

Swimming? Oh dear god. Me? Are you sure? Wait what? There's more you said? Swimming in ice cold water for sixty seconds?!! That will be the longest minute of my life, and you know it!

Alright, lets do this. Where do we go?

© 2014 Melvin Roest


Author's Note

Melvin Roest
When you read this, how do you experience this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on May 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 16, 2014
Tags: help friendship

Author

Melvin Roest
Melvin Roest

Netherlands



About
I write when I can't sleep. I like to explore all kinds of stuff like: traveling, guitar, meditation, psychology, computer science, languages and computer games. more..

Writing