To A Blind Man

To A Blind Man

A Poem by J.K.P.
"

A woman paints the life of the man she loved.

"

 

Black - the hollow void,

the lack of color,

Your world.

Brown - a rugged oak,

the steam of fresh bread,

Warm touch.

Blue - a running brook

roaring ocean waves,

Cool sigh.

Green - the rustling leaves,

a freshly cut lawn,

New life.

Yellow - the sun’s kiss,

bird song and laughter,

Kind smile.

Orange - a brave new dance,

tangy encounter,

Embrace.

Red - heated passion,

Forever seems true,

One life.

Purple - travel well,

my anemone,

Goodbye.

White - echoing space,

a familiar face,

Hello.

Again.

 

 

© 2009 J.K.P.


Author's Note

J.K.P.
This was a random idea. There are 3 parts to every color. The first two lines of every part has 5 syllables each, and the last line has 2 syllables. Interpret it how you want, but my intention or idea was this: A woman loved a blind man, and at his death, she wrote him this poem. She described color to him through the things he experienced in his life. In the end she adds descriptions of their life together, and her hope that they will meet again. Also, anemone has a dual meaning - like the urchin, a symbol of death, or the flower, a symbol of anticipation, dying hope, or the way I intended, unfading love. Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

" Cause the colors burn so bright they could melt all of the stones."


I pretty piece. It reads well aloud. It pleases the eye as well.
Did you invent the form? What is it called?


Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I admire the structure but I think the last two lines take away from the potential power of this poem. The love is expressed. Hope emanates throughout. Loss however does not. Would the average reader really believe they will meet their loved one again after death to the point of taking this notion for granted as you do here? In my humble opinion mourning or loss is not implied as it should be on the death of a loved one.

White is also a color of nothing. Emptiness. Solitude. Colorless like a world with out





Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2009
Last Updated on July 6, 2009