Together, We Will Remain

Together, We Will Remain

A Story by LauraMarieAlways
"

He was gone, gone as the days of her youth--gone as were the moments she had shared with him, gone forever. How long could she go without him, how long until she gave into the urges that persisted?

"
She laid on the grass, hair spread around her head like a rippling black wave. Her eyes shone with a luster it had not lost since its youth, and she thought of the one man who could make her vulnerable. He was gone, gone as the days of her youth--gone as were the moments she had shared with him, gone forever.

He had promised that one day they would fly above all others. Sure as they would die, they would live among the stars and whisper to each other secrets they shared with no one else.

He had lied to her. She was here, away from him, and he was buried in the ground. He promised to never leave her, and she promised him the same. The car had hit him and he died on impact; the same car hit her, but she survived it just fine. Had he been the one in the passenger’s seat, he would be in her place. She wouldn’t wish her fate on anyone.

How could she live in hope that one day they’d see each other again? How could she hope when there was no sight of him? Some say that you can feel your loved ones around you even after they pass--she felt no such thing. He was gone, gone, and there was nothing she could do about it.

So she laid on the grass, hair spread around her head like a rippling black wave and cried. Her eyes shone with a luster it would soon lose, and her face was colored with a red that would fade. She would turn to ash and would fly along the wind; she would fly as promise, but not with the man she loved.

© 2013 LauraMarieAlways


Author's Note

LauraMarieAlways
This is just the beginning. Constructive comments only, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on May 12, 2013
Last Updated on May 12, 2013
Tags: love, loss, tragedy, hope, hopeless, helpless, death, coping, depression, forever, romance

Author

LauraMarieAlways
LauraMarieAlways

New Ringgold, PA



About
I am 17 years old and I have been in love with the English language for as long as I can remember. I write songs, poems, and I have yet to finish a novel, though I have so many ideas that it is hard t.. more..

Writing