Foreign Love

Foreign Love

A Story by Laura Monique

  ** I'm at school using their computers and typing fast so ignore the spelling, and if it doesn't make sense, i'll fix it when i get home **

 

::Chapter One::

 

  As the bell rang students quickly gathered their things, and made way to their next class. Some were excited for their chosen elective, and some obvoiusly not so excited. Laura, one of the not so excited students leaned herself agaisnt the bumpy wall of the school gym and slid herself down to the floor. 
"Why did i take this class" She mummbled under her breath. 
Her overly excited best friend chelsey, slumped her self down as well. She scanned teh gym faster than her eyes would let her. Breaking down each inch making her self at home.

"It'll be fun don't be so down." Her tone was happy enough to make me sick. I began to think--Dance class who are you kidding. My head was spinning with thoughts about this class, but a little part of me thought it might be fun. 
"Look, the only reason i'm in this class is because of you, but your not going to make me like it!" As more students walked inside the class, my attention to whatever Chelsey was saying grew faint. All in front of me blurred, except him. His jacket, and his slightly baggy jeans, and semi long hair flopped perfectly over his eyes. His smile bright, and perfect.I began to laugh under my breath, a little excitment started to build but I wasn't about to give in, and tell her. So i kept quite, still spaced out. I finally turn to look at Chelsey. She pauses asking me if I had even been listening to her.I could tell she was thinking now because, the once excited look on her face was now a i'm not so sure about this class anymore type of look. 
"Whats wrong, why do you look so down?" My concern grew because she wouldn't really answer just shrugged her shoulders at me. I must have done something.

"Chels, tell me whats wrong"

"I just don't think this class is going to be all that fun, I mean if I can't make you like it and all. Plus if you don't like it how am I going to have fun?"

I quickly covered my mouth, and let out a small laugh, and paused. Smiling at her. 
"Don't worry I like this class already" Smiling once again, she gets a curious look on her face. 
"What makes you like it all of a sudden."
I turn to my left where that cute boy had walked in, and smile. Hinting only with my eyes, that I might actually enjoy this class. 

" Looks like you found your self a good reason to come ey" She laughs. I finally begin to talk to her about some things that had happend a few days ago with an ex boyfriend of mine, but she must have spaced out as well because all she kept saying was "uh huh, Yeah, i know, and you can do it" I laughed becuase i knew she was looking at someone too. I just couldn't spot him. Trying to follow her eyes, I finally met. She was staring a boy with short hair, some what in a short spike. He was tall, wearing a button up dress shirt, and light baggy jeans. He sat there grinning. He must have been one of the few who didn't want to take this class, becuase he didn't look to thrilled. 
"YOUR CHECKING HIM OUT" Quickly she jumped, at how quick, and how loud i said that.

"nu uh, no, no, am not i just think he looks cute. Remember I don't want to like anyone" I began to laugh. I decided the best thing to do would be to agree, because there's no winning when Chelsey puts her mind to something. 
"Oh, okay i was just guessing" I sarcastically agree'd but i knew her better than she thought. Finally a not so tall, very happy, perky, girl walked in with a hand book, and pencil slanted on the top of her ear. 
"Roll call" Yep, this was the start of a good year. who would have known the start of this class would change our lives forever.

 

::Chapter Two::

 

The magic bell made its call, and all the students with first lunch started rushing to grab their food. Chelsey, and I were calmly walking to find a place to sit. The SBO's excitedly putting up signs for the next school dance. Sadies. I always hated dances. They never appealed to me in anyway. To dress up overly fancy for a bunch of retarded high school boys didn't really make me think " Oh, this should be great let me go out of my way to impress some jerk that will totally want me afte this" Right. I laughed at the thought of going. 
"So Laura, are you going to Sadies?" There it was the question I knew was comming, and for a couple seconds pretended not to hear. Quickly thinking of some lame excuse to make up a reason why I shouldn't go. I couldn't lie, plus I couldn't think that fast. 
"No, I don't think I will" There it was the grin. I knew I would get it. No harm taken. She just wants me to go. 
"Sorry, Maybe you can go though, with you know who in our dance" I lift my cheek a little,and wink at her. Making her laugh just enough to have a little touch of red cover her face. It always made me laugh. She blushed, and blushed until it went even to her ears. 

"Looks like your not going to disagree with that" After talking for  a little bit we came to the conclusion of getting lunch, and totally dropping the subject for another time because some stupid boys came and sat next to us. They had big mouths and didn't know when enough was enough. So we kept quite, and just watched them goof around the rest of lunch. Its kind of funny to see what a bunch of junior boys can come up with to entertain themsevles. I got really quite, and spaced out for basically the rest of lunch, and I started to think a lot about so much. Things just weren't straightening out in my head. I needed to talk about it.. My next two classes weren't with chelsey, so maybe I'd just go call her after school.

" I'm going to call you after school okay" I could tell she knew something was up because of how she said okay, and told me to have fun in my next two classes. It was sure she knew something was wrong. She possibly could read me better than anyone else I knew. I actually liked it because, I didn't like to go around telling people i'm upset or whatever.

"So whats bugging you" She made the call rather than me. She always beat me to it. I slammed my self onto my bed and let loose. You see. I had this boyfriend for more than a year. She knew the whole story. He has been on my mind for months, and letting go wasn't something I could do so easily. Takes a lot of time. Everything reminded me of him. His slightly taller than me body, the way he looked at me before the kiss was about to take place. Everything. Well, anways we talked for about 2 hours about everything, and i started to feel better. 
" You know you can do this, Its just going to take time, and please please don't go back to him" I began to stutter as i spoke because it was to hard to say okay i wont.. I knew that this was going to possibly the hardest thing that ever came into my life. I didn't know if I could promise, but i did anyway. Which.. Was probably the biggest mistake in a way, and the best thing in another. 
" I promise. I promise you I won't go back to him, and I think i can do this" I always knew the difference between I think I can, and I know I can. I wasn't ready to say I know. That would be accepting that its over, and I couldn't do it. 
"Thank you, Think about something funny. Tommrrow we have dance!!" she laughed. 

She loved dance, it always made her laugh plus its been two weeks in, and each time she danced with that boy which by the way we still don't know his name. She gets all giddy, and yeah I do admit it did make me laugh. A lot.
"Yeah we do don't we.. I hate B-days" 
I really did, all my other classes were stupid, and we only had that one class to look forward too. You know being dorks, and having fun is waht made coming to school worth it.

" It's okay we'll have fun tomrrow just watch, I'll do anything to make you laugh " She quicky atttempted to correct herself. 
'ALMOST ANYTHING" 
It was gettting pretty late, and it was bout time to get to bed. Although neither of us said anything we just kind of fell sleep. Someone must have rolled over the phone because when i woke up at 2 It was hung up. Thank god for that. I gently placed my phone on my night stand, and layed there for a little bit. 
One guy can do so much to you. I fell asleep once again for the whole night.

 

::Chapter Three::

 

"Do you want to dance?"

 

His smile went nearly from ear to ear. You could tell he liked her, and you could tell he wanted her by the way he slid his hand down her side, and pulled her in with each spin he threw her into. It was like he waited with anticipation for the next spin in the dance. It seemed so unreal to Chelsey, that this could actually been happening again. Each pull in sent a unexplainable feeling to her stomach, but she liked it.

 

"How are you, " He asked her with a very interested nervous voice.

 

"Great, just trying to understand this dance," All he could do was nod to that.

 

The dance finally stopped, and they let go of eachother, and kind of stepped back. Wanting to continue, Chelsey turned around and walked back toward me, and I being me began to laugh.

 

"What's so funny?," She was laughing too, so I knew she had the exact right idea as to why I was laughing. 

"Looked like he wanted you really bad"

"Not even close laura, " She sat down, and i stood up. 

" Yeah? Well, we'll just have to see about that huh"

 

I casually walked over to where he had been sitting, and keeping in mind I had no idea what his name was. None of us did. Tapping him on his shoulder I asked. 

"Do you think my friend over there is cute," I lift my hand and point right over to where Chelsey was.


"Why?" He got a smug look on his face. 

"because she thinks your cute, and I just want to know"

"I think she is cute"


He turned around after saying that. This girl with glasses started to question him. I knew it. She was going to be a problem because she glared at me, and I knew from that moment this was going to be interesting.

 

"He said your cute, but i dont like that girl"

 

In a werid way it was funny, but at the same time I didn't want her glaring at me that way.

 

"Really, he said that? Why? " 
 

"She is stupid! SO stupid she glared at me she has no right to look at me like that!"


Chelsey started to laugh. Its really funny when i get worked up like this. Atleast to her it was anyway. That' sokay though because when she gets worked up I make it ten times wrose.

 

"So..Laura--Do you know his name yet? "


I sat for second I heard that girl say his name but really I could not recall at all. 

"No idea"

 

I thought I could maybe go ask again, but I didn't wanna be by that stupid girl, she was dumb. I was mad. 

" I'll ask when we go back into the other dance room"

 

Chelsey must not have heard because now she was talking to this other guy andrew he was pretty cute. I thought so anyway. I liked talking to him, but I couldn't tell if he liked Chelsey, Or even if she liked him. They seemed to talk a lot, and I wondered so i tried to not talk to him much as i could.

 

" I gotta go now laura. "

 

I usually liked to go sluffing with her, but this time I think i was just going to stay in class, and not leave. Its better that i stay. 

"alright, I'll text you."

 

As she got up that cute boy turned and watched her leave. Yeah, something was up, I loved it! Andrew seemed to not like it, but That's okay. 

"Laura?"


I turned to andrew. 

"Yeah? "


"She likes that guy huh?"

 

I sat and thought about that one for a second I wasn't sure really.. I paused..

"n--no not that i know of she just think he's cute"

 

He would make these funny faces with werid emotions on purpose. 

"What's the look for" I curiously asked.

 

"He does'nt even speak english!"

 

I Knew it. He liked her. Atleast a little. He had to have. Who knows.


"I didn't know that. That's why he doesn't say much ?"

 

"Obviously"

 

I wanted to leave not we didn't say much to eachother after that, and I was just texting chelsey. I was tellin gher about andrew, and how he didn't speak english. She seemed kinda shocked, i mean after all this wasn't the first boy she had a crush on that didn't speak very good english. 

"I'm really not going to marry a American guy huh" 

I don't see her marrying someone that speaks good English. She likes the accents real bad! IT made me laugh !

 

Who knew she would like this one that much, never even thought, Not me, and not even her...

© 2008 Laura Monique


Author's Note

Laura Monique
Ignore grammer, ignore anyting that is wrong so far. iTs just a quick write on whats been on my mind. :D Ever had a class that changed your lives ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on June 3, 2008
Last Updated on June 8, 2008

Author

Laura Monique
Laura Monique

UT, LV, L.A, N.Y, UT



About
Laura Monique, I've been writing for about 2 years now-- Well okay, since I could hold up a pencil but you know what i mean. Trying to actually write stories and all. : ) Basically I do it for me, and.. more..

Writing
New New

A Story by Laura Monique