The Affair (Part One)

The Affair (Part One)

A Story by L J Darling
"

Jim and Lucy are a young married couple in their mid twenties. They are getting ready for Jim's sister and husband who are coming to stay with them.

"

"Hurry up if you want a lift!" My husband Jim shouted up the stairs.

"I'll be two minutes!" I yelled after him, trying not to lose my balance as I tried to put my shoe on while at the same time texting my mother to tell her that I was unavaliable for dinner next week. I am not normally this disorganised, actually I'm usually quite the opposite. Today was just one of those morning and it didn't help that Jim hasn't got an ounce of patience in him. Jim's sister and her husband are coming to stay with us for a few weeks. Janet and Derek had recently bought a house not far from us and needed a place to stay while it's being renovated so Jim suggested that they lived with us in the meantime. Jim is ten years younger than his sister though they've still always been relitively close and the only other option was for them to stay at Jim's mothers house which would have probably ended up with one of them killing the other.

"Lucy I'll be waiting in the car."

"I'm ready." I yelled as I ran down the stairs. Jim handed me my coat giving me and quick kiss on the cheek before we headed to the car.

 

I had no idea what I need to get for the guest room at the minute it was more like a laundry room there was so much I needed to sort out, I knew I should have brought a list! I started making mental notes while walking up and down the home section hoping I wouldn't forget anything.

"I think that's everything." I said uncertainly, gazing into the trolley convincing myself that I was right.

"Yes that's everything. Can we go now?"

"Jim you could as least pretend to be interested it's your sister that coming." I snapped.

"Why would I be interested in bed sheets? Unless you're wrapped in one." He winked at me.

"You may get that image out of your head. It'll be your sister wrapped in these sheets not me"

"That is not an image I want in my head."

I giggled I knew exactly how to wind him up. It didn't take much.

"Right hand over the card. We need to take this up to the till." I said holding out my hand.

"So first you take away the image of you wrapped up in our bed sheet and now my money. That's the woman I married." He said with a grin on his face. I could help but let out a laugh and the leant over to kiss him lightly on the lips. As insane as Jim could drive me at times he never failed to make me laugh. That is always something I can count on, that whenever I get crazy or overly stressed out he brings me back to reality.

 

Jim lifted the shopping bags out of the car and carried them into the house.

"How about we just give Janet and Derek some old sheets out of the press and we go upstairs now and break these new ones in."

"It's always been a mystery to me why you never became a comedian Jim."

"Me too. Right I'm going to leave you to set up here and go collect these two from the airport. I love you." He called as he made his way back out to the car.

© 2012 L J Darling


Author's Note

L J Darling
Needs to be proof read so ignore the spelling lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow cant wait for the rest very well described hustle and bustle of getting ready for visitors enjoyed it brilliant lots of energy

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on July 6, 2012
Last Updated on July 6, 2012
Tags: love, affair, marriage

Author

L J Darling
L J Darling

Ireland



About
I'm interested in writing stories and hoping to get some feedback :) more..