Generation

Generation

A Story by Lauren Dowdell
"

This generation in today's society!! It's the length of a story but it's really a poem.

"
We talk? No home training! We walk? Disaster! We look? Could kill! We dress? Hood rats! This generation is constantly criticized for the things we do or say. Our freedom has basically been ripped from us w. only our hopes and dreams. Some want to become, and others? Well, they just wanna be the top dope dealer on the streets that everybody knows but has never seen to where the pigs can't even seem to find.

Our youth has been robbed and every little thing that Martin Luther King marched for, rosa parks sat for, Malcolm X preached for... Is nonexistent! They've down play our ability mentally and physically to the point we've proved them right. We can't lash out and cause hate upon the opposite when we only walk and talk the stories they tell! We live prof of these tales and unfortunately turn them into life lessons! What we do and what we say is made of us. Yes, they talk and throw dirt but it's up to us to close our ears and dust off! "Those young black folks these days do nothing but fight" when there is an issue that needs to be handled.. We don't conduct ourself as young men and women we lash out like animals and fight our battles. "Those young black folks these days so darn disrespectful" oh no, we don't kindly tell someone I'm sorry but this isn't right.

Instead it's 80% chance that person who was wrong is gonna get cursed out and blamed for something that really wasn't their fault. So what do we do? As young black folks? We prove these people WRONG instead of RIGHT! And yes of course other race act out as well, but as sad as it is we're the target! Stop, stop allowing the darts to hit the bullseye cause every chance they get they're on the money. If you wanna believe it or not slavery in a different form is still tagging along well into the years. But when does it stop? When they take us down? Slowly but surely they're winning these battles! #MikeBrown #TreyvonMartin #DontreHamilton #DavidLatham.

Only change we can have is when we turn things around! But w. this generation you're better off by walking w. your head held high. No jacket w. a hoodie, don't run from the cops, don't walk down the street, can we even breathe? Because even though our choices and decisions aren't always the best we still deserve a chance to change things. Spare our life of the generation where pants my sag and teeth may shine to redo these life lesson and turn them back into tales!

© 2015 Lauren Dowdell


Author's Note

Lauren Dowdell
I just want some feed back. Things I should change, stay the same, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on May 31, 2015
Last Updated on May 31, 2015
Tags: Generation, African American, justice