The Knife

The Knife

A Story by Lauren Fox

Jem watched as the cold knife sank into her body watching in horror as it was shakily withdrawn.
She felt herself slowly sink to the floor, her stomach beginning to throb. She could hear a woman running towards her and calling an ambulance. She clutched her stomach putting pressure on the wound in a desperate attempt to stop the blood flowing out. The bottom half of her jumper was already stained, the red circle growing fast. The pain was slowly increasing in intensity. Jack.
Her hand shakily reached out for her phone, she desperately tried to call the number. The phone was smudged with her blood. She felt her body begin to tremble, the shock was taking over, and she was losing control. She tried to hold the phone beside her ear. The dialling tone seemed to go on forever and she wasn't sure how long she could hold on.
"Hello." The voice was impatient. "Jem, what is it? Look, I’m at work at the minute and I would prefer it if you would not…"
"Ja..." Jem gasped, her body struggling to respond. The voice on the telephone immediately turned into one of true concern.
"Jem? What's happened? Where are you?"
The pain was unbearable; she could feel herself writhing on the ground. She tried to speak again but it came out as a low gurgle. This might be her last chance.
"I, I…"
She could feel herself drifting away.
"Jem!" She could hear him shouting down the line. "Please."
It was too much, the pain. The last thing she heard was Jack screaming down the telephone.

© 2014 Lauren Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OH MY GOD. This is incredible! But so sad! I really want to know what's happened, what's going to happen! So many questions! This is so good, you should really enter it into a competition. So emotional and well written, genuinely tearing up!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on January 26, 2014
Last Updated on January 26, 2014
Tags: death

Author

Lauren Fox
Lauren Fox

Lincoln, East Midlands, United Kingdom



Writing