Losing you

Losing you

A Story by Lauren Matthews
"

Your body screams in protest and as you heave yourself up onto your hands and knees, but you ignore it. Because the pain you feel is nothing compared to the shattering of your heart.

"

Your body screams in protest and as you heave yourself up onto your hands and knees, but you ignore it. Because the pain you feel is nothing compared to the shattering of your heart. You scream his name, a heartbroken cry, begging and pleading him not to leave you. The metallic taste of blood and the salty sting of tears as his lips find yours make the tears fall harder. Then you hear the three words that every girl dreams of hearing, but to you it's like a nightmare you can't wake up from, because, to you, those three words sound like the signing of his death sentence.


It wasn't supposed to happen like this. It was supposed to be you, not him. He wasn't supposed to follow you; he wasn't supposed to try to save you. He was supposed to be safe and happy, and you… you were supposed to be dying peacefully knowing that the world was better off without you. But those three little words shattered all of that. His damn stubbornness and determination had ruined it all. Now here you are battered and bruised and covered in blood that doesn't belong to you, as the love of your life lay dying beneath you.

 

~

 

Numbness. That’s all you feel right now. Because if you let yourself feel anything more it would kill you. And you can’t die, not now. She wishes you were dead, and you do too. But killing yourself now would be an insult to his memory. After all he died to save you.

She’s screaming at you now. Demanding to know why. Why him? Why was it him instead of you?

And you can’t help but to ask yourself the same thing.

© 2014 Lauren Matthews


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Felt every emotion in your writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 5, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014
Tags: angst, romance