Love, The Laws That Run The Universe

Love, The Laws That Run The Universe

A Poem by Lauren Fisher
"

A Letter From The Laws That Run The Universe

"
I fought the entire world so you could have blood fill your hands. 
What do you do with them? Shall I tell you?
Shall I fill your mind with beautiful thoughts and feelings? Shall I fill your brain with the purest concepts of the universe?
Shall I create your skin to mold into only the most beautiful of beings?
Or, shall I allow your heart to carry you to the happiest of endings? 
Oh, you can not do that alone? 
Fear not, child. For I have fought the entire world so that your skin may be warm.
I will lead your heart to only the happiest of endings.
I will carry your mind in such a delicate way you will understand what makes you happy in the entirety of its being.
I will assist your soul so that when my sister, Death comes to take you from my humble home, you will be nothing but happy to see her face. 
You will know you did the most with what I gave you, and you will know that while your great-grandchildren may never know your name, I Will. 
You will know that somewhere your voice made someone smile.
You will know that your time with me was not wasted.
You will know you're heart pumped the purest of blood.
For I have fought the entire world so that your feet may dance upon your Earth beneath your sun's warmest rays.
I will ensure that my sister, Death will come and you will be prepared for her sudden appearance. 
For I want only the greatest of lives for you, sweetheart. 
I want your skin to feel warm, not cold after you've packed your bags and left me, dear. 

Love, The Laws That Run The Universe. 

© 2018 Lauren Fisher


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on March 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 19, 2018
Tags: Universe, Death, happiness, place, work, love, happy, ending, skin, blood, joyeux, smile, voice, sun, Earth, cold, soul, carry, assist

Author

Lauren Fisher
Lauren Fisher

Miamisburg, OH



About
Our universe is too complex for you to be a mistake. Our world is too beautiful for your thoughts to be un-important. Speak. Write. Unleash yourself into the world. more..

Writing
Eleia 1 Eleia 1

A Story by Lauren Fisher