A painful letter...

A painful letter...

A Story by Lawerence Rowe
"

A letter from a love to a love.

"

My dearest Elayne,



It is my fondest hopes that this letter finds it way into your lovely heart, and you can understand my pains in this. I have ridden horseback through hail storms and suffered less pain then that caused by writing this letter. I would gladly suffer the pain and tortures of the Dark One himself then have to suffer the pains of putting these words to ink, but alas it must be done.


For sometime now there has been a gnawing in my belly, and it has been growing. Growing like some parasite feeding off of my weakness and emotions. Up until now your mere presence and beauty that puts the Angels to shame, has been able to stave off this gnawing. I fear it is no longer that your sublime form and pristine presence quell the beast. I know now that the gnawing, the hunger that has been growing inside of me is out of the control of even your breathless grace, or your unmatched kindness. I have been afflicted with Wanderlust, my love. My feet now move of their own volition. I find myself taking strolls and ending up at the harbor. All those ships, Elayne! Bound for somewhere that I have never been! Some of them bound for somewhere no one has ever been! I am drawn to them, to the ships in the harbor... I do not know what what is out there, but I must find out!


The sea calls to me Elayne, and I must answer her call or go mad! I hope that when this accursed condition finally wears off and I come home again, you will be here waiting for me. Ere I come back, and you are still waiting for me, I vow to make an honest woman of you! The best ring in all of London shall be yours, I swear it! Until then I can only hope. You will always remain in my heart and my thoughts. Farewell, my sweet Star of my Night! Until we hold each other again, I will look at the night sky and see your eyes in every twinkling star.


Your love forever,

Jacob

© 2016 Lawerence Rowe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on November 23, 2016
Last Updated on November 23, 2016
Tags: love, despair, loss, wanderlust