On Dreams

On Dreams

A Poem by Lawerence Rowe
"

Personal notes on my dreams

"

Sometimes, in my dreams, I see a girl. Not a woman, so much as I know alot of you women are thinking that I mean a woman, but its not that descriptive. She is female by all accounts, and wise beyond her age (physical age meaning). I don't always know her name, but often I do. Though her name isn't the important part of the dream. Sometimes she is Jennifer, sometimes she is Amanda. Her appearance also varies, but then not so much as her name. There have been times when she has been a dark haired mysterious beauty, that is much like what I visualize my patron goddess to look like, but then other times (such as recently) she appears blonde and thin, with an innocent aura about her that makes her all that much more desirable to protect.


On most of these dreams shes the innocent type, but with a courageous streak. She is like the pure hero who knows nothing in life but slaying evil, and is willing to lay down her life to vanquish evil. She knows not of earthly torments, but certainly knows how to bestow them on me. Though she is not really aware of the torment she inflicts on me, for she is pure and cannot know what it is that I feel. This ability to put me in the worst way, but not actually know it, is what makes her so desirable, and in the end so protect-able and lovable.


I do not know why I see these women in my dreams, but I can assure you that when I wake up from those particular dreams, I go right back to sleep to hopefully regain that dream again, so that even though that dream may be fraught with adversity and things that could be easily considered borderline nightmare, I gladly go back to those dreams to be with my innocent, pure warrior hero.


She, in all her forms, is one of the few reasons that I enjoy dreaming.

© 2016 Lawerence Rowe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on November 23, 2016
Last Updated on November 23, 2016
Tags: dreams, notes, personal