Injustices of the World Beware!

Injustices of the World Beware!

A Story by Kelly McCormack
"

A quick note of hope and faith...

"

Injustices of the world beware!  While you may cripple us momentarily, we find our way through the rubble and come out stronger than ever.  I’ve seen this very thing so many times in my relatively short life, that I’m amazed at the strength of the human spirit.  I think it’s a testament to mankind that even through horrific tragedies we resurface to find the sun shining and the birds singing. 

 

I’ve experienced up’s and down’s that, looking back on it all, have made me the person I am today.  I was married, had three miscarriages, was divorced, and had filed bankruptcy…all by the time I was twenty-four.  The depression that once haunted me has since been lifted, and I’m able to look at those around me and realize that I was not the only one to be reborn after one of life’s nasty moments.  I look at friends who have lost more than their fair share of loved ones, but somehow they wade on and create a new place in the world.  I look at those who have suffered through a miscarriage, and still have the strength to smile and say they’re doing fine – that God is with them.  I read a story about a marine, who at the tender age of twenty-two gave his life for his country.  His legacy will live on, and his heroism will inspire the next generation to fight for what they feel is right.

 

I’ve often found myself wanting to scream, “Life isn’t fair!”  I’ve caught myself asking why bad things happen to good people.  I realize now, that while life’s atrocities cause pain and suffering, they also bring about a renewal of strength and hope.  Without the many challenges we all face at one point or another, we would never be able to experience the contentment or peace that often comes after surviving through a time of extreme sorrow.  Maybe you’re facing your own moment of despair, or your own episode of unrest.  I implore you to battle through it.  Fight the “good fight” and know that once all is past, you will come out knowing that you’re stronger and better than you ever could’ve been. 

 

© 2008 Kelly McCormack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on June 29, 2008

Author

Kelly McCormack
Kelly McCormack

SanTan Valley, AZ



About
I’m a WOMAN who takes herself way too seriously and doesn’t smile as often as she should. I’m a WIFE to one of the most amazing guys EVER – he’s a wonderful husband and e.. more..

Writing