Learning to live

Learning to live

A Story by Leah
"

Learning to live is a short creative writing piece that is about a teenage girl getting over a break up.

"
It was broken, but she was determined to fix it. Emily had never seen her best friend quite like this. Devastated. Hurt. Sad. Heartbroken. Sarah been in a relationship with this guy for a little less than two years, and then all of a sudden. He dumps her on her a*s for some w***e he met at a club. Now this is the same guy who brought Sarah roses after every argument they had, even if it wasn't his fault. He both her new charms for her pandora bracelet for every month they were together. He brought her her favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream whenever her mom came home mad and drunk. He was the sweetest guy in the world. Or at least that's what everyone thought.
Emily was just as perplexed about this whole situation as Sarah was. Emily had known him her whole life and it wasn't something she'd thought he'd ever do. After doing a lot of thinking about it, Emily shot him a text asking about it.
After a long conversation about the whole thing She learned that he'd gotten into drugs. He had started drinking. He had started steal and doing other illegal things. He said Sarah wanted to go at a slow pace taking their time to do things. He was so obsessed with having sex that he went to a club and picked up the first decent looking girl he could find. She promised to give him anything he wanted. They'd be together sexually and nothing more. No strings attached.
Emily knew she had tell Sarah. She couldn't just keep this from her. When Sarah heard the reason food the breakup something inside of her snapped. After that day she changed. She became someone Emily didn't even recognize. She changed her style from vineyard vines and Tommy Hilfiger to Pacsun and urban outfitters. She stopped wearing her kiddie underwear from target and started buying panties from Victoria's secret. She started straightening her hair, getting rid of the once perfect curls she'd have forever. She went from wearing Bermudas to daisy dukes. She started smoking and drinking. She started sleeping around and getting a reputation. Emily tried to talk her out of it. Saying she was ruining her life and that she was only going to fall between the cracks. Sarah wouldn't listen. She loved the thrill that this new life gave her.
Over a few months people that's once loved Sarah and looked up to her where now disgusted with her. They thought she was nasty.
Emily tried to get Sarah to understand what she was doing to herself was bad one more time. Sarah response was, "I wasn't good enough for him. I change myself into what he wanted me to be. Into what guys were looking for, and because of that the girls are just jealous that they don't get the guys like me. Don't you understand Emily. I can't win no matter how I act."
Emily finally understood what Sarah was trying to say. She understood what Sarah meant and how she felt. It was too late to go back now. People were already judging her. This was Sarah learning to live with her actions.

© 2013 Leah


Author's Note

Leah
Would love helpful criticism !!!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on October 7, 2013
Last Updated on October 7, 2013
Tags: Love, live, life, teen, creative, writing

Author

Leah
Leah

Kennebunk, ME



About
I do like sharing my feelings with people, so I just write them down. Most of my writings have something to do with how I feel or something that has happened to me in the past. more..